Agents And Property Valuations Done Properly

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
As a property agent in Murcia region with 7 years in the business I can never come to terms with the way other Agents value property. In fact they don´t value at all, they simply ask the owner how much they need and add commission on top. Image what that does to the market!! Overpriced and dead within a year. I have always valued my potential vendors property as exact as possible useing market knowledge, location experience and historical growth patterns. Yes it takes a good deal of effort and thought and 60% of would be vendors will not place their property with me, instead it becomes wallpaper in other agencies. After a few months they often call me again to see if I will up value it, I never do. So they step in line with my origional valuation and I sell it. I charge 5% but I work hard for it and after paying expenses, wages, advertising and sometimes a supplying agent I see about 2% for myself/business. That is about what a UK estate agents earns on average, but they often do not do assisted viewings, I do, for 3 days solid!!! and feed and water the buyers. I don´t feel guilty about keeping my valuations low and I don´t feel guilty about my commissions, but I do sell houses in around 8-12 weeks on average. Perhaps if other agencies applied my valuation techniques their business would be a little busier and they may sell some of their clients houses.

This message was last edited by Gillespie on 2/13/2007.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 3:33 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Good for you Gillespie - we in Marbella work the same way!

See - there are a few of us around!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 3:57 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
We seem to be a minority Rixxy - Maybe we could start an official body and appoint our partners and cronies to the code of ethics commitee.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 4:55 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Only if I can buy an award and a medal!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 4:59 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 5:00 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
OK I got the message - Ive put me whereabouts, now need toload up an avatar - who thinks of those names anyway

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 4:21 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I´m not a regular forum user of any experience but, Avatars are quite Freudian and do seem to give an insight into the character of the user, they tell us more than we think, I of course chose mine to throw you all of the scent ;+)

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 4:26 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 4:40 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
mmmmm, now JeansSis, let me see, a leaping frog hitting itself with a hammer, could it be that u r a dissilusioned french national? or a french chef perhaps? Nope, this Freud stuff is harder than I thought. Maybe I should go back to body language, that´s far easier ;+)

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 5:55 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Gillespie that must mean that Rixxy is quite horny having looked at her Avatar - must be a spirited beast too!! Mind you she does drive a ragtop and she's blonde so guess some truth in it.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 6:55 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Cheeky sod! I like unicorns, longer the better! Got me car back now - its even faster now the water works.

Have a great weekend everyone

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 1:30 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Hey Rixxi, Sorry to here you had problems with your water-works!! Smiley says you are Blond and drive a convertable, do you do inspection trips!! I´d like to put my name down for 1. Can we keep the roof on your car up though cos I´m losing my hair rapidly! I don´t use hairdressers anymore it just falls out in this style.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 9:49 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hiya - All sorted now, yes and yes but no dont do inspection trips - thats why I have a ragtop! Its great for hair loss, you get a free massage with the drive!

I meet peeps to show them properties, if they want to get into the car (at their own risk!) then they have to brave the 35+ degree heat, blaring sunshine and leather seats!

If your over and want to see properties let me know.......

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 6:03 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Nah he wants you to show him the nudist beach!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 10:08 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I wouldn´t look elsewhere, I would be all eyes for Rixxi ;+)

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 11:43 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
You guys are so cute - breakfast fodder really! I will have to change the avatar I think......

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 8:40 PM by MagsB Star rating in Scotland and La Mari.... 26 posts Send private message

MagsB´s avatar

Hope you dont mind if I change the subject for a minute guys ha!ha! Have you got a website Gillespie?looking to go back to Murcia in a few months for property,sound like someone I would trust after this experience with Palmera. pm me if thats ok?

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 6:29 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Dunno about that! Why dont you pm Gillespie - he ill help you out. Nice guy and no I dont work for him!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A smiley for Smiley - 17 posts
How long is an Account Number ? - 9 posts
Building and Contents Insurance - 3 posts
Club Security Vacancy Wanted - 3 posts
Electricity Voltage - 7 posts
Could you support the "Red Arrows"? - 44 posts
VPO Can anyone Advise - 19 posts
Driving routes through France and Spain - 36 posts
We want your happy stories ONLY - 359 posts
Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x