International AVAAZ petition

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Mar 2022 2:04 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

For those forum members wishing to support an international AVAAZ petition see details below.

https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/prosecute_putin_loc/?kuhtiab

"
As citizens from across the world, we urgently call on you to hold Putin and his accomplices personally accountable for their illegal invasion of Ukraine by creating a new Special Tribunal for the punishment of the crime of aggression. We also call on you to fully support the International Criminal Court’s separate investigation into alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity in Ukraine. There will never be peace without such accountability – we are counting on you."

Like 0      
28 Mar 2022 12:05 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Signed.

Like 1      
28 Jun 2022 6:13 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

How many of you have forwarded this petition and signed?

How bad does this have to get before the continuing war crimes committed in Ukraine are fully recognised by the International Criminal Court?

https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/prosecute_putin_loc/?kuhtiab

Everyone should be sharing and signing this petition and pressuring Governments to hasten this prosecution.

To do nothing and turn blind eyes to this need to call for prosecution is incomprehensible whilst such crimes are continuing as we speak.

Like 2      
28 Jun 2022 7:33 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

‘’How many of you have forwarded this petition and signed?’’

Ads, none of your business, we are under no obligation or compulsory duty to inform you or this public forum of our personal activities. Most of us live in a democratic society where we privately vote and elect a government to act and speak on our behalf.

Like 1      
28 Jun 2022 9:23 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Thank you ads for highlighting this petition again.

I happened to see this when out with a few friends and we have all signed. I had already signed and so I signed for my husband this time.

Anything that can help these poor souls and put a stop to Putins evil actions is worth trying.It also helps to ease our sense of helplessness when seeing the awfulness that is happening in Ukraine.

I have pasted the link to my Facebook page and hope it will generate even more signatures.❤️❤️

Like 2      
29 Jun 2022 10:02 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

Just a guess mind, but I should think putin is the last person who cares about criminal procedings against him, or getting charged for war crimes, he wont even admit it's a war, correct me if wrong but he honestly thinks he's taking back what he believes is his.

The only thing that will stop him, is him, losing,  and / or by not losing face and saying we now have want we wanted back.

Like 3      
29 Jun 2022 1:25 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The ICC opened 20 years ago to prosecute the perpetrators of genocide and crimes against humanity. But the US, China, Russia and Ukraine are not members of the court.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2022 2:43 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

If putin joined up for anything, even the Womans institute, he would still do what ever he wants to, as proved with the Ukraine, aint no petion or laws or resoning ever going to change that, he's a bit like our bumbling clown in that respect...'Hasn't done anything wrong'.

Like 1      
29 Jun 2022 3:32 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

It would appear that this petition is aimed at creating  a new Nuremberg- style tribunal.

"There is a powerful way to hold him to account: a new Nuremberg-style tribunal to prosecute him personally for this heinous act.

This new court is key to defending not just Ukraine but the entire world from an attack that was illegal from the minute it began. Join the global call to prosecute Putin’s crime in a new Nuremberg-style tribunal – and Avaaz will work directly with renowned experts to get this moving. "

Like 0      
29 Jun 2022 3:56 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Ads, how would you physically get Putin to any trial and enforce any sentence? Please educate us all.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2022 4:23 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

With respect Kavanagh that is not for me to decide but those in whom we place our trust, who know far more about these matters,....and I for one ( like Sandra has eloquently expressed) am willing to highlight and sign a petition in the hope that " renowned experts"  are in place to get things moving at International level.

We could talk ad infinitum about this but I feel similar to Sandra ( and nearly two million other signatories) that this is worth highlighting and supporting.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2022 4:30 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

The Nuremberg trials were set up to bring Nazi murderers to account for the crimes they commited, we know who lost that one, the people of Germany had enough of the past years so basically they never cared if the murderers got their come uppence, lets say if ever putin was taken to a court like this, who in their right mind believe the Russian people would just stand by and let this happen, remembering if the media is truefull, many millions of Russians believe he's the best thing since sliced bread and what he's doing now is correct and should be done, his demise is better to come from inside.

Like 1      
29 Jun 2022 4:59 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Time will tell Baz.

All we can hope is that lessons have been learned across Europe from the Nazi era and the way psychological as well as physical warfare were used to gain control of a nation's mindset, whilst inhumane activities were hidden from view.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2022 5:01 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

All people are entitled to their wishes and desires, but it would be wise to separate fantasy from reality before trying to persuade others who never asked to be included.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2022 5:23 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

" before trying to persuade others who never asked to be included".

Kevanagh you appear to fail to understand the purpose of rhetorical questions which are intended to encourage debate.

But in this case it is for others to decide if highlighting and supporting a petition so serious in nature is worthy of inclusion.

As for fantasy and reality much depends on being willing to believe that a civilised solution via international cooperation on a grand scale to expose the realities associated with abhorrent inhumanities on the doorstep of Europe is worth striving for, as opposed to the alternative which doesn't bear thinking about.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2022 6:02 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

But your question borders on the type of tyrant you wish to pursue.

** EDITED - Inciitng**

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 6/29/2022 6:27:00 PM.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2022 5:48 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Yes a tyrant posing a threat to Europe. 

"President Putin's war against Ukraine has shattered peace in Europe and has created the biggest security crisis in Europe since the Second World War," Nato Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg told a news conference.

But also perpetrating heinous crimes in contravention of civilised international Humanitarian Law I.e. the rules of war without which we all lose.

https://www.icrc.org/en/document/what-are-rules-of-war-Geneva-Conventions#:~:text=%20The%20laws%20of%20war%20in%20a%20nutshell,have%20been%20ratified%20by%20all%20196...%20More%20

• If the rules of war are broken, there are consequences. War crimes are documented and investigated by States and international courts. Individuals can be prosecuted for war crimes.

Like 1      
01 Jul 2022 12:16 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Kavanagh,

Your negativity is even more fervent than usual.   Sure it's a bit of a long shot, but it's far more constructive to believe in the old adage "if you don't ask, you don't get".

I imagine 80 or so years ago Hitler and his Nazi cronies might just have been starting wonder what might happen to them if they didn't win.  This is a great message to send to all evil murdering despots. 

I've signed the petition and hope many others do so too.

Like 1      
01 Jul 2022 12:59 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello acer

You and everyone else have the freedom to support any cause that is legal.

But no one has the right to question others.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2022 2:03 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Kavanagh to repeat the question was a rhetorical question which was intended to inform as you well know.

Your response appears purposefully to continue to misinterpret, even when further explained, it is unnecessarily provocative, inciteful and a negative distraction which sadly does little to enhance the cause of making a tyrant accountable.

This message was last edited by ads on 7/1/2022.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted Estepona Centro Apartment for 6 months from October 2022 - 0 posts
Carlos Marin - 0 posts
Finally back to Spain - 4 posts
Help needed…. - 2 posts
CostaLuz lawyers got my money back! - 1 posts
Non lucrative visa - 34 posts
baldy - 23 posts
Builder required - 5 posts
Buying in Moraira - any advice please? - 9 posts
Returning to UK with Spanish sale proceeds - 0 posts
Weather in Jan & Feb - 5 posts
UPVC Doors - Fuengirola - 0 posts
Best places to eat in Moraira & Javea area in Feb & Mar? - 1 posts
Extortion tactics from builder - 21 posts
Eye on Spain see my email address as invalid - 1 posts
Was it hard for you to get used to live in Spain? - 5 posts
Corvera, Huma, Inversiones Manymar, Socribo, Sol Mijas--CostaLuz Lawyes new won cases - 4 posts
High Water Bills in Javea Spain - 1 posts
The BREXIT has it affected you living in Spain - 0 posts
Tests4You - Bad experience - 11 posts
Driving in Spain UK licence - 5 posts
Revolut account - 0 posts
Eurona - how to end your contract? Help - 4 posts
Proposal for Community to supply phone, TV and internet. - 11 posts
House Purchase - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x