I am selling my property and have an Estate Agent doing this.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2017 5:30 PM by bmidd60 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

So, can I also advertise it on EyeonSpain at the same time, and what is the obligation of this toward the Estate Agent or EOS if I get interest from EOS, and can I use my Estate Agent to conduct viewings and action the final sale as I am living in UK?   W. Middleton.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2017 6:14 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

I would think that you need to ask these questions of your estate agent. A fee is usually discussed with the agent when you put your house on the market. Obviously, you can usually use more than one agent or the EOS website. I expect that your agent would show round prospective buyers from wherever they come, provided they are getting their fee!

Like 1      
06 Aug 2017 12:17 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bmidd   Make sure you have not signed an exclusive agreement with the agent. As in UK if you do that you must pay them even of you sell the property yourself.

Like 2      
07 Aug 2017 10:25 AM by bmidd60 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks to those who responded for very helpful comments. I have asked my Estate Agent in Spain about this and they very helpfully stated that it would not be a problem and they would see to any viewing that comes from the EOS site.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2017 12:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

And they will very helpfully expect their full fee if a sale results from a lead generated from EOS. Just so you are aware, their fee is supposed to include the cost of marketing your property, so if you advertise it privately and then ask the agent to handle the viewing and any resulting sale, you're going to be effectively paying twice. No problem if you're fine with that, but just understand what you're entering into first.

Best of luck selling!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Thinking of moving to Spain - 10 posts
What happened with last thread regarding case and costs recovered? - 0 posts
Reporting loss of vehicle in Spain - WARNING - 0 posts
Risk of letting a relative stay in a property rent free? - 8 posts
Information on Almunecar.... Costa Tropical - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Delays - 14 posts
Lapsed Habitation Certificate - 5 posts
Voucher codes - 0 posts
airport delays - 11 posts
life Insurance on Mortgage - 15 posts
Medical etc - 0 posts
Car Hire Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Bats - 3 posts
Foster carers Needed - 0 posts
183 day rule - 24 posts
Endesa electricity bills - 13 posts
Charlie Gard - 0 posts
TRANSFERRING EUROS back to UK. - 12 posts
Compare costs of living - 13 posts
motorcycle registration - 5 posts
empty property - 6 posts
capital gains tax query - 1 posts
Communal Electricity Charges - 10 posts
Do not Text & Drive-It is not worth it - 3 posts
Case Won and Deposit plus Interest recovered. - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x