Quiet on here - but not in town

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jun 2017 4:10 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

It is quiet on EOS, is everyone out in the sun or just fed up?

Wish I could say it was quiet around here as this years competiton to see who can cackle laugh the loudest is well under way

Like 0      
16 Jun 2017 4:44 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I'm sure the women in front of me on last weekends Ryanair flight from Edinburgh to Malaga would of been a contender. One gin and tonic after take off and she didn't stop the whole way - a baby crying would have been preferable.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2017 6:04 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Test post - please ignore

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 16/06/2017.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2017 6:24 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Team GB

She has to go the list and there will be some very strong competition 

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 12:25 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz😔

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 12:30 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Not quiet in the UK, we have a stupid prime minister with no idea of what she's doing, and we have terrorist Attacks and burning housing.   What a mess.

Not even a brexit thread could cheer me up.    

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 12:21 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Don't forget the Kensington Tower Block fire was in ( Labour held constituency ) ...all the building permits and planning approval's would have been overseen by a Labour controlled council ...so why put all the blame on T May and the Conservative Party   think about it.

Like 1      
17 Jun 2017 12:42 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I thought about it for a minute, it isnt relevant who is the council or the MP at this time, the strong and stable leadership is missing, and its Mrs M's watch, and her regime as well.

The money is provided to the tenant and resident commitee from central government and the housing section is no longer part of the council, other than allocations in some cases, through ALMO or similar arrangements.  its now partnership working with a board of directors, which includes private individuals and accountants.  All work is carried out by outside contractors (partners) and self certified as completed.

So think about it a bit more.

This message was last edited by briando55 on 17/06/2017.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 12:42 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

No it isn't, Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council has been solidly Conservative since it was formed in 1964.

Even the Kensington MP has been solidly Conservative since forever but just lost to Labour a couple of weeks ago. The Council, however, has 40 of the 50 seats going to the Conservatives.

Where do you get these things from?

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 12:46 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Correct Mari.   The new MP won by around 25 votes after several recounts I think

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 1:37 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mariedave Kensington is a Labour he'd Constituency ...So the Labour council are held responsible for any health and safety issues in the borough.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 1:46 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Don't compound the rot by coming up with that.

From wiki

The council has been controlled by the Conservative Party since it was first elected in 1964.

The Council has 42 Conservative, 9 Labour and 3 Liberal Democrat councillors

And from the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea website.

The council is currently led by Nick Paget-Brown (Conservative) who has been leader since 6 May 2013.

And if you want to read up on the history then

Wiki - RBKC

So I have no idea what Kensington you are talking about but it certainly isn't the one in London.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 2:02 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mariedave ..The Kensington I am referring to is the same one as you ...A multi cultural (Labour MP controlled borough ) .end of story.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 17/06/2017.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2017 2:15 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Not wishing to Labour the point (SWIDT?) you are very sadly mistaken. Obviously you cannot read either as my links showed you exactly who is in control of the Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council.

If, however, you are referring to the Labour MP for Kensington (who took up her post 2 days before this tragic event occurred after the seat was held by the Conservatives since forever) then you really need to go out and look up the differences between a council and a parliament seat. Kensington and Chelsea Borough is, and always has been, a Conservative controlled council regardless of what someone up the pub may have told you. That Labour took the parliamentary seat just 2 days before this happened must, of course, all be down to them.

If you're in a hole, stop digging.

Like 1      
17 Jun 2017 2:24 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Windtalker

I think you are getting the parliamentary constituency mixed up with the council.

Let's not play politics with what is a national disaster! The government have ordered a full public enquiry and have pledged enough money to cater for the immediate needs of the victims - there is not a lot more they can do at the moment....Is there?

Like 2      
17 Jun 2017 2:31 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The Labour Party will soon be taking over the  Royal Kensington multi culturally controlled  council .Jeremy  down the pub said let's bring down the Tories .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 17/06/2017.

Like 1      
17 Jun 2017 8:14 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Maybe you should sit in the corner of the pub with Jeremy and get quietly drunk, and discuss all the things you know so much about, and put the world to rights.

meantime we can stick to the truth and be saddened and somewhat appalled about what's happened, without playing politics.

however, I stand by my first comment that we have a stupid PM over here, either that or she is so badly advised she doesn't know what she's doing.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
18 Jun 2017 12:27 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Briando55 what advice would you give our stupid PM .

Like 0      
18 Jun 2017 9:50 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Good question Windy.   Ask herself is she enjoying what she's doing or has she just gone for the job because she thought she had to.

i say that because she's has moved into the job with an opposite stance on the Brexit issue, yet she has to follow the path.   She makes decisions based on advisors, and then feels it's the wrong thing, so doesn't look happy when she's making any future statements.   She's a strong character but doesn't seem to be doing what she believes in most of the time.k

So my advice would be, take up a more fitting career that will learn about people and life events.   Maybe become a nurse or a housing officer, or a pest control officer perhaps.   I reckon society would benefit better. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 2      
18 Jun 2017 2:41 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Corbyns Labour party is trying to turn the London Tower Blocks fire in to a political point ...all I can say to that is ...why didn't the Labour government that was in power not do something about the fire risk's when they had the power to do so... the extremley high fire risk's for this type of construction was first brought up back in the Seventies how many times have Labour been in power since  ....I am also shocked at the Labour Party's call for civilian unrest in the UK to try and bring down a Democratically elected  Conservative party just how low can politics sink.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 18/06/2017.

Like 3      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

MOT for Citroen Berlingo - 5 posts
Express Gas Fuel - 3 posts
Complementaria tax - 8 posts
Selling my British car in Spain - 0 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 2 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 7 posts
Insurance cover in Spain, other drivers - 0 posts
Bank Bailouts - 3 posts
Recommendations for Private Healthcare for Expat Family - 8 posts
How much community fees do you pay?? - 24 posts
Car hire yearly insurance policy - 7 posts
La Union Whats it like - 0 posts
British Lions games - 2 posts
Drifting, may be helpful - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 3 posts
Tapas between Estepona and including Gibralter - 7 posts
black hairdressers - 0 posts
Solar panels - 15 posts
Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts
out of curiosity... - 4 posts
Mr - 2 posts
La Fustera pro's and Con's - 8 posts
Some problems with Long term rental - 5 posts
Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x