Help with Autonamo Query

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2017 1:27 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi There

My partner set up his own business and registered for Autonamo to ensure he was fully legal and paying what he should be, he was advised by his Gestor that he qualified for an incentive whereby he would only need to pay 50e a month for the 1st 6 months.  His 1st payment was due last week and he made sure he had the 50e in his bank but they tried to take 130e instead which he hadnt got.  Becuase of this he has now been fined 300e for non payment. His Gestor is denying all knowledge of the incentive.  Does this sound right ? Is there anyway he can plead ignorance as it was his 1st month pay the 130e and avoid the fine or does he have no option but to pay the 300e plus the 130e.  Just seems a little harsh when he was only doing as instructed.

Many thanks for your advice.. 

Tiggy 

Like 0      
09 Jun 2017 10:33 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

The reduction in the Autonomo fee has to be specially requested at the same time you sign up for  Autonomos. If you ask for it after you have signed up it will be rejected.  You need to make sure it was requested when he signed up and then claim it back, but he will need to pay it probably nonetheless. The best thing is to go and visit the 'Seguridad Social' office and get them to clarify his situation. However, something has been applied to his fee as 130 euros is not the standard rate and as far as I am aware the Seguridad Social does not charge 'parcial' rates, it always charges the full month whether it is 5 days or 25 days. Maybe your friend doesn't qualify for the full discount to 50 euros and only gets a parcial discount... you will need to check  with the SS office. If your gestor said he knew nothing about it, find another gestor. This is really basic stuff for a gestor, they all know it.  BTW 300 seems a bit steep, I thought it was more in the region of 20% of your monthly payment plus interest....

good luck

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
09 Jun 2017 2:53 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Thanks for the response Ian.  Yes the reduction/incentive was all arranged by his Gestor during the signing up process.  I will tell him to go and check it out with the SS before he pays it, as I thought it was a bit steap at 300e fine plus the payment of 130e.

Does age and business type have any barring on the amount he would be paying each month, as the Gestor has now advised its not 50e per month for the first 6 months due to his age and business.  He seems to be getting a different explanation depending on the time of day he speaks to them :-)

Many thanks again I have to admit it all mystifies me :-o

Tiggy 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with Autonamo Query - 7 posts
Insurance cover in Spain, other drivers - 0 posts
Bank Bailouts - 3 posts
Recommendations for Private Healthcare for Expat Family - 8 posts
How much community fees do you pay?? - 24 posts
Car hire yearly insurance policy - 7 posts
La Union Whats it like - 0 posts
British Lions games - 2 posts
Drifting, may be helpful - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 3 posts
Tapas between Estepona and including Gibralter - 7 posts
black hairdressers - 0 posts
Solar panels - 15 posts
Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts
out of curiosity... - 4 posts
Mr - 2 posts
La Fustera pro's and Con's - 8 posts
Some problems with Long term rental - 5 posts
Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts
Invalid email address - 2 posts
When do I become liable for IBI & non residence tax - 16 posts
christmas weather - 3 posts
Say a prayer for Manchester - 15 posts
register my car in spain - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x