Hello Everyone

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jun 2017 10:13 PM by myspain Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Just wanted to say Hola and introduce myself.

I am Marie 52 and currently live in Nottingham. I have a Spanish Fiance Jose who lives and works with me here in the UK

We visit Valencia regularly to visit family and friends and my partner is constantly looking for jobs back in Spain so that we can return. However, we are fully aware of the current employment market back in Spain and even if he gets a job; there is no guarantee that he will keep it for very long. As you can imagine this is soooo frustrating as we are no different to the rest and the reason most people abandon the UK for the good food and lifestyle back in Spain and to be honest it breaks my heart every time I have to leave Spain to go back to the UK. So I have taken action this last year and through a very painful frozen shoulder, I have managed to complete a TEFL course with a distinction! So the plan now is for me to become an EFL teacher in Spain (English foreign language teacher) either in a School or most likely a School and self-employed. So I am currently applying for jobs and we will see what happens. We have enough money invested, to be able to buy a property when the time is right, but will more than likely rent first which is what I suggest anyone thinking of moving to Spain does for a while. Please don't reply with anything negative but anything helpful, advice or any jobs you may have seen at School or if you are a teacher yourself I would be hugely grateful for. lots of love x 

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 10:55 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hello and welcome to EOS!

There is quite a lot of teaching work in Valencia thanks to the University and the Politecnico. However September/October tends to be the hiring period for academies. Now in the summer most academies close in Valencia. The majority of academies work with the Cambridge Suite of exams so you will need to get familiar with them. May I ask what TEFL course you did?  and do you have any teaching experience even in another subject? Have you already applied to any schools here? I live in Valencia and know many schools.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 1      
03 Jun 2017 8:14 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I think the course the op is talking about takes only six weeks to complete and is around £195.00   with a  qualifications at the end it is aimed at already qualified UK teachers ..it can either be done as a internet or classroom coarse .

Like 0      
03 Jun 2017 9:28 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Like all things in life there are good courses and bad courses Windtalker , and range in price from €100 to €1200 depending on which one you do. Some can be done very intensively over 1 month  and others can be done part time over 10-12 weeks and even a year, some can even be done online without even teaching a class face to face! There are qualifations offered by Cambridge University, Trinity College London and so many others so it does really depend on which qualification you have as  to whether an academy/school will employ you or not. 

This message was last edited by eos_ian on 03/06/2017.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tapas between Estepona and including Gibralter - 7 posts
black hairdressers - 0 posts
Solar panels - 15 posts
Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts
out of curiosity... - 4 posts
Mr - 2 posts
La Fustera pro's and Con's - 8 posts
Some problems with Long term rental - 5 posts
Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts
Invalid email address - 2 posts
When do I become liable for IBI & non residence tax - 16 posts
christmas weather - 3 posts
Say a prayer for Manchester - 15 posts
register my car in spain - 8 posts
Spain driving laws - 12 posts
Moving to Alicante - 43 posts
english or spanish licence - 37 posts
Lost our case against banco popular - 46 posts
ENDESA info in English - 0 posts
Almunecar, Granada Dirty Beaches and Abandonment from City Hall - 6 posts
Removals from surrey to malaga - 4 posts
Installation costs of electricity - 23 posts
A big hello to everyone - 1 posts
Consumers Europe, UK office - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x