Solar panels

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 May 2017 9:19 PM by Holidayhome Star rating in Dona ines. 3 posts Send private message

Hi All.  Martha here.. I'm looking to get solar panel for hot water. Can anyone help me. Need a good company name that's reliable. Thanks

Like 0      
30 May 2017 9:57 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Would probably help if you put where you were. Someone could recommend a firm in Barcelona but wouldn't be able to fit them in the Canaries, for example.

Like 1      
31 May 2017 7:33 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I installed solar water heating in my last property and then, 15 years ago,  in my present property.

Anyone average DIY person, can do the job.

If you cannot do it you will need a plumber and maybe an electrician to connect the immersion heater if the unit has one.

Try googling “DIY installing solar water heater” There is a lot of info on the net

This message was last edited by johnzx on 31/05/2017.

Like 0      
31 May 2017 9:01 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If you live full time in Spain...then all form's of energy saving equipment should be considered ...if you are only a holiday home owner then think again it could take you many many years to recoup the expensive out lay.

Like 0      
31 May 2017 10:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I did not install my solar water heating panel to save money, but as it cost a bit under 1,000 euros and after 15 years it is still providing almost all our hot water I guess the saving are pretty good.

Like 0      
31 May 2017 10:49 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

The OP is asking for advice on companies to provide solar panels 

Another drift 

Martha suggest you look in the free press where many advertise or an online search to get some quotes 

Like 2      
01 Jun 2017 7:18 PM by RossKemp Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello Martha

New on here. Do you have to pay tax on self generated solar power?.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2017 8:18 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Tadd1966 the opp asked for advice and got some good advice in return ...like if you are a holiday home owner like myself installing expensive solar panel's are not cost effective ..it would take many many years to get your initial out lay back ..

Like 2      
02 Jun 2017 9:02 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Windtalker

All the OP asked was for a company name that is reliable no mention of cost or savings DIY  taxes installation etc

Only issue nobody knows where 

Guess what the OP hasn't been back wonder why

Like 1      
02 Jun 2017 9:26 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Martha.  

How do you get your domestic hot water at present?

For instance is it stored and heated electrically, instantaneous with small storage or through a combi boiler etc?  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 9:37 AM by RossKemp Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Tadd1966 are you a director of EOS?.

Is it against forum rules to open OP subject up a little to provide general knowledge? Or is that for you to decide?.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 10:05 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Martha.  

How do you get your domestic hot water at present?

For instance is it stored and heated electrically, instantaneous with small storage or through a combi boiler etc?  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 10:13 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Rosskemp,

New on here. Do you have to pay tax on self generated solar power?.

solar water panels are different from solar PV panels, which I'm assuming is what your question may include?   

Solar water panels simply heat up a liquid inside the panels and the pipework goes through the domestic water storage cylind r to heat up the water you use in the dwelling.   There can't be any taxation charge for doing this in your own home (unless Mr Trump has jumped in!,,). 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
02 Jun 2017 10:15 AM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Let's not divert this thread any further. For the record no "members"on here work at EOS (other than those that state they are a team member in their forum signature.

It is important to not drift too far but it is also fine to widen the topic slightly as long as the main thread  is not lost. Common sense plays a role here we think.  So please just be sensible about it. We will step in if a thread really drifts too much.

Thank you

Thank you

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 11:04 AM by RossKemp Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

** EDITED - off thread **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 6/2/2017 12:24:00 PM.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2017 12:16 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Rosskemp, I thought you said you were new on here?    (That's still on thread I think!).  

Anyway.  I posted about solar if we want to get back to it?  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts
out of curiosity... - 4 posts
Mr - 2 posts
La Fustera pro's and Con's - 8 posts
Some problems with Long term rental - 5 posts
Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts
Invalid email address - 2 posts
When do I become liable for IBI & non residence tax - 16 posts
christmas weather - 3 posts
Say a prayer for Manchester - 15 posts
register my car in spain - 8 posts
Spain driving laws - 12 posts
Moving to Alicante - 43 posts
english or spanish licence - 37 posts
Lost our case against banco popular - 46 posts
ENDESA info in English - 0 posts
Almunecar, Granada Dirty Beaches and Abandonment from City Hall - 6 posts
Removals from surrey to malaga - 4 posts
Installation costs of electricity - 23 posts
A big hello to everyone - 1 posts
Consumers Europe, UK office - 0 posts
Considering a Villa in Javea area - 6 posts
Riding a motorbike in Spain - 2 posts
Help please with Building Licence - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x