Complementaria tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jun 2017 10:13 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi,

I bought a property in Malaga province in early 2014.  I sold it a couple of months back and this seems to have triggered a complenentaria tax demand.  So far all I have received from the Andalucian tax authorities is a notification to say they disagree with the valuation of the property i.e. they think it was worth more than the price I paid.

The letter says I have 10 days to get an independent valuation done to challenge this.  However, I only received the letter (via my lawyer) a month after the tax office sent it, so it's too late to appeal.  It looks like I'll be stung for around 3,000 euroas extra tax.

I am now back in the UK and no longer resident in Spain.  I have no intention of paying this additional tax.  It seems like daylight robbery.  I've always done things properly in Spain - paid all my taxes etc but this is a joke.

I'm in the process of closing my Spanish bank accounts so they can't embargo them and help themselves to my money.

Am I likely to have any issues if I don't pay this?  Are they likely to chase me through the UK courts for such a relatively small amount?

Thanks in advance.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2017 8:52 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sanchez  I only received the letter (via my lawyer)

I expect you need more than an EOS  guess, so I would suggest you ask your lawyer

PS.  If you are going to renege on his debt, I am surprised you asked in another thread about how to pay the imputed tax, I guess on the same property

This message was last edited by johnzx on 12/06/2017.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2017 12:25 PM by Aitor Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 6/13/2017 1:38:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Selling my British car in Spain - 0 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 2 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 7 posts
Insurance cover in Spain, other drivers - 0 posts
Bank Bailouts - 3 posts
Recommendations for Private Healthcare for Expat Family - 8 posts
How much community fees do you pay?? - 24 posts
Car hire yearly insurance policy - 7 posts
La Union Whats it like - 0 posts
British Lions games - 2 posts
Drifting, may be helpful - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 3 posts
Tapas between Estepona and including Gibralter - 7 posts
black hairdressers - 0 posts
Solar panels - 15 posts
Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts
out of curiosity... - 4 posts
Mr - 2 posts
La Fustera pro's and Con's - 8 posts
Some problems with Long term rental - 5 posts
Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts
Invalid email address - 2 posts
When do I become liable for IBI & non residence tax - 16 posts
christmas weather - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x