Some problems with Long term rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2017 12:05 AM by Jimmychoo1 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Just want to share a friendly advise to those who intend to rent their properties long term."-( in spain long term rent is around 6 months to 13 months , with a written contract)

please think very hard....- under spanish civil law , in my experience the tenants/renter are more protected than the property owner.

always hire a professional or a lawyer for contracts....better safe than sorry.

Our apartment was new, never lived in, thru good references we rented long term,...

the issues , troubles that goes with long term rent...is not worth The amount of money you get.

i would rather have my place empty, or rented as holiday weekly rent,,,,NEVER ever long term rent again.

Our renter had good references, was a co worker of my friend, paid rent on decent times. Sometimes delayed payment. When we decided not to renew the rental after a year, as we decided to use the apartment ourselves. we could  not force them to leave the apartment on time, until they can find a new home,( took another year us to  wait!) 

Pls be careful and think hard...(.more so if your tenants had children! ) 

xxxx

Like 1      
28 May 2017 1:35 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

All part of the game. Greed got the better of you. Did you just want to kick them out on the street?.

This message was last edited by BREXIT on 28/05/2017.

Like 0      
28 May 2017 2:38 PM by Jimmychoo1 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Brexit, thanks for your polite reply.

no not At all. We gave 4 months notice as normal...not throw people out! Its 3 months in contract.

I just want to share with good intentions, if you want to rent out long term , be very thorough ( which i was not) specially if your are living outside the country. Its hard to control situations specially more when you are a thousand miles away!

xxxx

Like 1      
30 May 2017 9:05 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Jimmychoo1:

Fully agree with you.

1. Rental Act protects home renters so, if you are not careful enough and sign a contract that can be considered a " home rental", you can fall into a 3 years obligatory extension period with the tenant.

2. Eviction process in Courts is slow for solving this type of problems which need a more speedy solution

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 2      
01 Jun 2017 10:35 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Maria.  

Im thinking your making a distinction between home rental or holiday rental?   

If so what is the longest holiday rental a landlord can offer in a lease or contract?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
01 Jun 2017 10:59 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Briando:

Criterium for differencing between holiday rental and home rental is not time. It is how the contract is agreed and named by parties.

An example might add clarification: You can have a 12-18 months rental contract which is a seasonal contract as parties have agreed so and therefore not being subjected to obligatory extensions and, you can have the same 12-18 months contract  which has clearly agreed and signed as a home rental and therefore being under obligatory extensions of Urban Rental Act.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts
Invalid email address - 2 posts
When do I become liable for IBI & non residence tax - 16 posts
christmas weather - 3 posts
Say a prayer for Manchester - 15 posts
register my car in spain - 8 posts
Spain driving laws - 12 posts
Moving to Alicante - 43 posts
english or spanish licence - 37 posts
Lost our case against banco popular - 46 posts
ENDESA info in English - 0 posts
Almunecar, Granada Dirty Beaches and Abandonment from City Hall - 6 posts
Removals from surrey to malaga - 4 posts
Installation costs of electricity - 23 posts
A big hello to everyone - 1 posts
Consumers Europe, UK office - 0 posts
Considering a Villa in Javea area - 6 posts
Riding a motorbike in Spain - 2 posts
Help please with Building Licence - 4 posts
canine requirements - 0 posts
Cruises Cartagena - 2 posts
Reconnection to Endesa - 18 posts
Residencia - 17 posts
Can anyone recommend a cleaner in Campoverde? - 2 posts
Canine requirements - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x