Parcel service for sending small packets to UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2016 9:09 AM by Kevinuk1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Can anyone recommend a postal/courier service that accepts small parcels from Spain to UK, about 350g

Have looked online but struggling to find anything close to what it costs from UK to Spain, I used to pay in the region of £10 to send it to Spain but look s like its about €29 from Spain to UK

Thanks any help much appreciated

Kevin

Like 0      
22 Sep 2016 9:13 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Have you tried the Correos? They are reasonable on costs and delivery. That is unless the €29 stated was from them.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2016 9:30 AM by Kevinuk1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Yes the €29 was from Correos although I did the cost online so might pop in to our local office and check price

Thanks

Like 0      
22 Sep 2016 10:10 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

That sounds very expensive, there is definitely a cheaper way to send it with Correos. I paid about €30 to send a 18kg parcel to the UK in March. Best pass by, as you mentioned.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 1      
22 Sep 2016 3:25 PM by Kevinuk1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Just got back from Correos the packet cost me €6.30 😀 Obviously selected something wrong online, although it's not a tracked service let's see how long it takes 👍🏼

Like 0      
22 Sep 2016 4:13 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This morning from my local post office (Spain) t sent a pair of cycle shoe cleats to an address in Spain. About 50 grms. They were in an envelope, charge 95 euro cents

I was expecting a higher charge

Like 1      
04 Oct 2016 1:48 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Without advertising too mcuh here, if you look up Simply Mail there is a depot in Fuengirola and I have used them a few times now (for small parcels up to 1kg) and very good value compared with 'another' supplier - I paid just Eu5.60 other private co was Eu1 per 100gms...

Like 0      
05 Oct 2016 12:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No offence meant, but I'm not sure why anybody would use a company that only has a Facebook page and a free Wordpress blog, and claims "We operate as an alternative to the Spanish post office (Correos) for expats wishing to send mail home or businesses wishing to send orders or advertising to their clients in the UK..." Why would you need an alternative to the national postal service or established multinational courier companies? How, exactly, do you think companies like this actually send stuff? There's another one, which used to handle UK passport renewals as well, something to do with Spain, Off and Ex. They even pretended to use their own vehicles to carry passports from the CDS to Madrid - yeah, right, like that would be economically viable! All these cowboys do is play to the expats who are terrified of walking into a, dare I say it, Spanish establishment in case nobody speaks English. Using them will only delay delivery, and cost more. Pointless.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
05 Oct 2016 2:58 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Roberto good post and we'll saud too many rely on these cowboys and even untrained know it alls and our Tony down the pub

Wonder what they would do if they where still living in uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Satellite TV Costa Blanca South Area - 1 posts
Spanish credit cards - 8 posts
Applying for EU Citizen Registration (forms on line) - 0 posts
Modelo 210 - 8 posts
Tourism Licence - why is ENGLAND not on their list of countries - 6 posts
Mobility scooter - 3 posts
Community owner problem - 16 posts
Driving a foreign car to and in Spain - 6 posts
Healthcare clarification as a resident - 16 posts
Cancelling a direct debit - 8 posts
Childs safety gate - 3 posts
BMN bank - 7 posts
Electricity problem... - 17 posts
Car Company - 3 posts
Moving to Spain - 30 posts
House to buy - 16 posts
Renting in spain - 1 posts
buying at carver golf resort - 7 posts
Reducing the fly population in community gardens - 3 posts
Handyman needed to fit handle/lock assy to a metal gate - 3 posts
How do we get rid of \ control the flys in our community gardens near our pool - 4 posts
Air con units - 2 posts
Recording TV programs from a MAG250 box - 2 posts
Newspapers in spain - 4 posts
New Years Eve Los Boliches - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x