BMN bank

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2016 11:43 AM by suej1967 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I have used this forum and I hope someone can help before I loose the will to live!!

I have a bank account in BMN and online banking, however, I do not have the correct authorisation to transfer money from BMN to my bank account in England

On several!!! occasions I have contacted the bank to be told to ring this number and that - most of which are unobtainable.

All I wan to do is transfer my money - it is painstakingly frustrating.

I do not visit Spain anymore as my apartment is rented out.

Can anyone please advise on the best way to do this - as I am loosing patience with the whole process

I just want my money!!

And breathe...

Best regards,

Sue Jones

Like 0      
14 Sep 2016 12:04 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

When you opened an your online account you should have been given something like a "bingo" card with random numbers and coordinates. When you do an online transfer with BMN, you need to input one of the coordinates and also they text you real time with a code to input. Only with these can you effect a transfer. If you cannot visit Spain, and they have your UK address on file, I would suggets writing to them requesting a transfer.

Saludos

Like 0      
14 Sep 2016 12:11 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Hi Sue,

If you don't get a better suggestion I suggest you might try and enlist the help of your UK bank.  If they have Spanish connections like Santander even better, but I've had assistance from Barclays in the past.  

Banks tend to trust banks and you may be able to arrange a transfer this way, by opening a €uro account to receive the monies.

For sure you will need to make an appointment with your bank, to start the process.  But it may save a trip to Spain.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2016 12:38 PM by suej1967 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you for your prompt replies.

My father opened the account  many years ago so the "bingo" card would not be available as he has passed away and I have never come across this.

I have tried with my bank -  Natwest who informed me that I have to contact BMN in Spain to dot he transfer.

It is becoming impossible!

Best wishes,

Sue

Like 0      
14 Sep 2016 12:41 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hi

A possible other way would be to use a money transfer company like Cambridge, HiFX etc. I understsand that you just fill out their forms and sign. Then they will present their request to your Spanish branch and also the receiving bank. Usually their conversion rates are better than the banks and you select when the money leaves your Spanish bank and in under a day (usually) the money will be in your U.K. bank. I know there are reservations by some people about using these services but I know a lot of people that have used them to transfer large amounts and there has been no problem.

Good luck

Like 0      
14 Sep 2016 12:49 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Is the account in your Dads name, and it's his account, thats why you cant transfer it?  

Sounds like a trip to Spain is on the cards with a face to face talk with the Spanish bank.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2016 12:52 PM by suej1967 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks Stephen that may be an option

No, the account is in my name, I don't think they would have even spoken to me if it was still in my Dad's name!

Thanks,

Sue

Like 0      
14 Sep 2016 1:07 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Steone's idea sounds good to me.  

I suppose the other way would be to organise a Power of Attorney with a local Spanish solicitor if you know someone suitable.  A POA can be initiated through a UK solicitor - I paid £100 a while ago so altogether may not be that cheap.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity problem... - 17 posts
Car Company - 3 posts
Moving to Spain - 30 posts
House to buy - 16 posts
Renting in spain - 1 posts
buying at carver golf resort - 7 posts
Reducing the fly population in community gardens - 3 posts
Handyman needed to fit handle/lock assy to a metal gate - 3 posts
How do we get rid of \ control the flys in our community gardens near our pool - 4 posts
Air con units - 2 posts
Recording TV programs from a MAG250 box - 2 posts
Newspapers in spain - 4 posts
New Years Eve Los Boliches - 11 posts
Poor Quality Food in Spain and tasteless veg - 42 posts
For sale Glass top coffee table - 0 posts
Furniture Store Recommendations - 8 posts
Lack of Insurance - 5 posts
Driving car in Spain with UK road tax. - 4 posts
Spanish tutor in the Santiago Del La Ribera area - 0 posts
2015 Non resident Modelo 210 Tax Return - 2 posts
Cost of New AirCon Vera Playa - 2 posts
where can I buy car tools, battery charger - 10 posts
Green Health Card farce - 7 posts
Transport UK/Ireland to Spain - 0 posts
EPC Company Recommendation Please - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x