Tourism Licence - why is ENGLAND not on their list of countries

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2016 16:45 by Nigie Star rating. 109 posts Send private message

Christ, it's been since 2009 that I last posted on the site. I am attempting using the Spanish tourism web forum to apply for a Spanish Tourism Licence (Junta Da Andalucia Consejeria De Turismo) - Andalucia. 

Bottom line - Where the hell is ENGLAND / UK / BRITISH / GREAT BRITAIN on the list of almost every country in the world on their dropdown lists on the online form ? I can't believe they are not there ! I have to say my nationality is Irish, and I live in Ireland, as the fields on the form are mandatory. Then they send me documents (via Ireland, which takes forever), and my application expires if I dont update it in 10 days. But I receive the questions via post 25 days later. All because I cannot chose England as my country I live in or British as my nationality. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone advise me on how to get the flipping application lodged successfully. 

I cannot go over there and present it myself, and the digital signatures in the UK dont work in Spain. 

I have emailed every tourism office in Andalucia asking them to fix the list of countries and not one of them have replied. 



Like 0      
17 Sep 2016 20:02 by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4523 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Reino Unido?



"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain




Like 0      
17 Sep 2016 20:19 by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9327 posts Send private message

Legal Questions? Speak to Maria Direct

What type of tourism license are you applying for?


Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA



El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Sep 2016 10:11 by Nigie Star rating. 109 posts Send private message

I've found "r. unido e irlanda del norte" - I assume that is the one ? Thanks Roberto. Been getting in a right mess with this.

The tourism licence I am applying for is "Declaración Responsable para el acceso o ejercicio de la actividad".

My apartment is in Andalucia. Can you advise if that is the correct one or indeed if I am doing the right thing ?

Many thanks both,


Like 0      
18 Sep 2016 10:35 by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4523 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

That'll be the one, but I've no idea if it's the right form etc. My advice? Get a gestor to do this for you. Maybe Maria can help?



"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain




Like 0      
30 Sep 2016 13:26 by Elsietanner Star rating in Alicante & New York. 164 posts Send private message

Elsietanner´s avatar

Yes, payout, get your hand in your pocket. Licence is just ink on paper.


Like 0      
30 Sep 2016 13:37 by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message


We posted the below message in May. It includes links to the correct forms that you need.

If you cannot get to Spain to do it yourseld in person - there are different agancies that advertise on the internet to do it for you for a fee of approx 90€.

The downside is you have to send them all your original documents......

'We've done it! 

So........straight from the horse's mouth this is what happens and what is needed. 

Please note we went to Almeria - don't know if our experience is practiced across the various Tourist Offices. 

What you need 

1) Licence of First Occupation with Catastral Reference number. ( original) .We thought we did not have one. However one was lodged in the depths of Pulpi's archives!. Best to check. It is also supposed to give the maximum occupation limit. It doesn't and Almeria Tourist Office couldn't give a hoot. 
We were told just use the number of bedrooms and X 2! 

2) Es Copia Simple (original) 

3) A completed form from Junta de Andalusia ' Consejeria de Turismo Y Deporte' 

This can be downloaded from here. It also gives advice on how to fill it in ( you need to scroll down to the bottom) 

We recommend you download the PDF version. It says you can do it online. BUT, to do this, you need to get an electronic signature and this involves jumping through hoops. 

We were armed with everything we had - insurance documents, passports, original NIE forms from the police etc. None of these were asked for - only the 3 listed above. 

The Process 

1) From the Reception desk we were sent upstairs to the Tourist Office. (We don't know if this was because we looked like a couple of dingbats or this happened to everyone!) 

A lovely chap ( who spoke English) checked through our forms, pointed out a few things we had missed out and photocopied our papers. We did not know we needed to have copies. Best to be prepared. 

please note you need to take copies of all the 3 forms listed. 

2) With all papers checked we were sent downstairs to see the Registrar. He confirmed our copies of documents were correct replicas, kept the copies and returned our originals with our Junta de Andalucia form stamped and dated. 


We are now registered. They will send the registration number in about month ( we won't hold our breath) 

They will not send any letters to the UK, only to Spain. 

I do not see how anyone can do it on-line, even though it is reported in the press that you can. They need to see, feel and sniff the originals! 

The folks in America Tourist office are friendly , great fun and most importantly incredibly patient! 

We expected queues - there were not any. Only saw one other person clutching the same forms as ourselves. 

We were prepared for a lot of hassle - but very straightforward. 

The Tourist Office ( address on the advice link) was easy to find using Satnav. Parking on streets can be difficult - but there is a public underground carpark 2 blocks away. 

Hope this can be of help to you other owners .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobility scooter - 3 posts
Community owner problem - 16 posts
Driving a foreign car to and in Spain - 6 posts
Healthcare clarification as a resident - 16 posts
Cancelling a direct debit - 8 posts
Childs safety gate - 3 posts
BMN bank - 7 posts
Electricity problem... - 17 posts
Car Company - 3 posts
Moving to Spain - 30 posts
House to buy - 16 posts
Renting in spain - 1 posts
buying at carver golf resort - 7 posts
Reducing the fly population in community gardens - 3 posts
Handyman needed to fit handle/lock assy to a metal gate - 3 posts
How do we get rid of \ control the flys in our community gardens near our pool - 4 posts
Air con units - 2 posts
Recording TV programs from a MAG250 box - 2 posts
Newspapers in spain - 4 posts
New Years Eve Los Boliches - 11 posts
Poor Quality Food in Spain and tasteless veg - 42 posts
For sale Glass top coffee table - 0 posts
Furniture Store Recommendations - 8 posts
Lack of Insurance - 5 posts
Driving car in Spain with UK road tax. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x