Starting a new business - need some market research

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2013 3:21 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

They are extending the current initiative to include any new self employed of any age from September or October this year (It was only for those under 30).

The bad news is, it's only for the first six months.

Cinco Dias

http://cincodias.com/cincodias/2013/07/22/economia/1374490569_420614.html

Like 0      
28 Jul 2013 7:06 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Hi how did you arrive at 50eu per oven did you put a business plan together for instance how much it was going to cost you to clean the oven with chemicals / how much fuel to get to the job / running cost of van / national insurance contributions how many ovens would you have to clean to make it worthwhile the list goes on and on  good luck.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2013 9:29 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

The new reduction in the autonomo (self-employed) rate is down to €50 pm for the first six months for ANY AGE but must be NEW to self-employment.  The next 6 months is €125, and the 6 months after that is €175.  Then up to the full rate.  It's progress .... though not enough.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
28 Jul 2013 9:33 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

I think it's a shame if you abandon the idea because of some of the moaners on here.  There are folks who try to put everyone off coming to Spain!  I know the idea works, because I see all the recommendations for the woman who does this in the Axarquia.  However I think she might be on her own, so not trying to feed two people from the income.  Not sure.  I really can't see why offering a service which is predominantly taken up by other immigrants would "alienate" Spanish people!  Why would it?  As you already have the language, what's to stop you?  If you can come out and give it a go, preferably without burning all your boats so you can return if you decide to, then what have you got to lose?  try it for a couple of years.  As for publicity, most areas have Facebook groups for English-speaking immigrants - and certainly our local FB group is where Caroline gets 99% of her work.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
29 Jul 2013 10:22 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Did you visit the Chamber of Commerce in your area?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Jul 2013 2:07 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

I am certain that there is an opportunity for a professional business specializing in cleaning commercial ovens and allied cooking equipment, waste oil removal and minor repairs for health and safety compliance etc.  The domestic market is there, but may take some ‘digging out’.

Take little notice of all the negative comments – have those contributors tried to establish a business of this nature, or any other for that matter?  The success of any business is up to the owners – nobody else. There are many businesses here in Spain successfully operated by non-Spanish individuals including ourselves.

Do your homework and make a cogent business plan of attack – not a long winded tome full of b******t about projections/profits/realizations (only banks and dreamers need these ‘stories’).

Create a good website in both languages and use brief advertising in low-cost media/flyers etc to direct traffic to your website to investigate your services. Get stuck in and look for other markets and opportunities to take on whilst fine-tuning your core business and don’t forget that a positive outlook and determination will impress your future clients as much as your product.

Go for it and the very best of luck.

Woodbug

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 8:53 PM by lazychic Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

In one word NO. I have lived in Spain and I have cleaned my own oven many times, as i'm shure other people have. To pay someone else just clean an oven, no matter how good a job they do is not worth 50 euros. If that included a whole house clean. Then I might give it some consideration. I have my own cleaning business in the U.K and I don't charge £50 for a whole house clean. Perhaps you should charge by the hour. Don't give up on an idea just because of the negative comments. I wish you lots of luck.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 10:08 PM by whatagayday Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Take it from me someone who has built many succesful business,s up over the years its a non starter youll be putting your head in your own oven with this LOCO idea

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 10:12 PM by Steveandsuzy Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

We are no longer pursuing this idea now in Spain

We are looking at other options now

Steve and Sue

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 10:17 PM by whatagayday Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

My advice Steve is dont ask advice from people who dont know, either just do it and fail then learn from your mistake or get professional advice from an accountant who will welcome your future trade and show you which of his business,s are prospering 

This message was last edited by whatagayday on 31/07/2013.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2013 5:03 PM by lazychic Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Steve and Sue.

There are lots of people doing little bits of work just to make ends meet.  If you would like to start your own business look for something that people need and would pay you to fill that need.Don't charge the earth for it but do charge a reasonable price.

Again I do wish you lots of luck.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2013 11:43 AM by Steveandsuzy Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts. I think the general consensus was it perhaps was too expensive or not really a service required here in Spain. We are thinking we should start up as a legitimate cleaning services company, my concerns are that the world and his mother seem to be doing this, and it would appear under the tax radar.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2013 4:11 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

If you can have access to todays Daily Mail go to page 25, the article about Simon Dunn and his shop,  this might give you an insight as to why your last comment about 'appear under the radar' makes more then enough sense. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

President and Administrators - 9 posts
Do you Spain. No free cancellation fees and no email or replys whatsoever - 5 posts
Spain's Tourism is on the rise this year again thanks to British - 1 posts
sky changes for September - 1 posts
Shaving With Broken Glass - 13 posts
Buying a bed in spain or in the uk - 10 posts
Plan Pive-2 - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
They go bust - we pay - 0 posts
Community Fees help please - 9 posts
Dumb Waiters - 10 posts
Gas Inspection - 4 posts
action against La Caixa - 6 posts
New Tenancy Law changes Ley4/2013 - 4 posts
New Owner - 5 posts
If a property is advertised to rent on this site is it legit? - 3 posts
What is your #1 Question regarding buying a property in Spain? - 4 posts
Legal tip 991. What Keith Rule victory means - 1 posts
Recession! Really? - 6 posts
B7 G4 071D Condado de Alhambra -La Isla - 2 posts
Learning Spanish .... - 2 posts
"Spanish as she is really spoke" !!! - 0 posts
New tax rules - 3 posts
How do you rate Spanish drivers - 46 posts
Courier Service, Torrevieja - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 53

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x