Gas Inspection

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jul 2013 2:36 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Be very careful. Yesterday I received a phone call from a gas company stating that my 5 year initial contract was about to expire and someone was in my area that afternoon to inspect my property and renew my contract. Sounds good so far? Well I have had my contract for 8 years, there is no 'final' date, the guy did not mention the name of his company and come on.... who would ring in the morning to say there was someone coming in the afternoon? The gas I have is 'bottled' so no annual contract.

Anyone else had one of these calls from a Spanish guy who can speak some English?

Like 0      
23 Jul 2013 5:51 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

I would report it to the police.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 10:33 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

If you need an inspection call the company with whom you made the contact. Gas installations, including free standing gas fires etc. must be inspected every five years. If you do not have the inspection and you had an insurance claim involving a gas appliance. You may not be covered. And if you have carbon monoxide problems you don't wanna wake up dead !

That said.

There are people, who are probably authorised to carry out inspections, who make cold calls. They lie about what is needed and over charge on what Repsol, Butano etc  (or your main supplier) would charge, but they are not illegal. Thus calling the police has no significance. Anyone can charge what he or she likes to provide a service for which they are authorised, unless there is a controlled price. Gas installation inspections charges are not.
I never allow cold callers to inspect anything and usually say that I do not have any gas installations.

If you need an inspection call the company with whom you made the contact.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 2:15 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I had a call from this man this morning. I told him to call back later. In the meantime I contacted Repsol. If you want a 5 year inspection , you have to arrange it with Repsol yourself. They do not phone you, though they may send you a reminder letter. Their number is not like the one the caller gave. Once you have a contract with Repsol, it doesn't have a  expiry date. When he calls back,I shall put him straight.

This message was last edited by camposol on 24/07/2013.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 2:34 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Once you have a contract with Repsol, it doesn't have an  expiry date.

That is what I implied,

But one does need a five yearly inspection to be 'legal' (read the contract) although I know many don't bother.

Incidentally Carbon Monoxide does not have any smell, taste etc.  so unless like me you have an dedicated alarm, you will not know until maybe too late.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

action against La Caixa - 6 posts
New Tenancy Law changes Ley4/2013 - 4 posts
New Owner - 5 posts
If a property is advertised to rent on this site is it legit? - 3 posts
What is your #1 Question regarding buying a property in Spain? - 4 posts
Legal tip 991. What Keith Rule victory means - 1 posts
Recession! Really? - 6 posts
B7 G4 071D Condado de Alhambra -La Isla - 2 posts
Learning Spanish .... - 2 posts
"Spanish as she is really spoke" !!! - 0 posts
New tax rules - 3 posts
How do you rate Spanish drivers - 46 posts
Courier Service, Torrevieja - 1 posts
La Tomatina - 7 posts
anyone know of very good pool companies in torrevieja area of costa blanca - 1 posts
De registering from the Spanish tax system - 10 posts
phoning turkey from spain - 10 posts
EHIC vs Travel Insurance - 0 posts
Private and public healthcare - 0 posts
About to complete on property should I change the locks? - 5 posts
Has anybody bought our apartment - 1 posts
Looking to buy in Comares - 0 posts
Dog Whisperer - 4 posts
So This Is Why The Spanish Are Lazy - 26 posts
Albox Navy Club - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x