President and Administrators

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jul 2013 9:04 AM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

I would like to know has a President the right  to dismiss an administrator.

1) or, does it have to be at an Agm or Egm.

2).what notice is required to do so

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 11:23 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

To dismiss an adminstrator before the end of their contract the community should agree this at an EGM or AGM. Horizontal Property Act Section 13.7.

However our president did this without the agreement of the community and then appointed themselves as administrator saying it would save the community the adminstrator fees. A few years later they are now paid as much as the adminstrator was. Our problem is the developer held on to a large number of properties and is in cahoots with the president so it's a win win situation for them and near impossible to change the regime.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 11:24 AM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
According to article 20 of the Law of Horizontal Property the administrator is elected at the AGM by a majority vote usually for a term of one year after which he can be dismissed or re elected

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 12:27 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

01 Aug 2013 9:06 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Aug 2013 12:57 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

One question for maria regarding the latest changes in horizontal law.

Previously modifications to the structure/external appearance especially wher non structural walls needed to be removed required unaminous support. Is this still the case or can it be passed by majority.

Nick

Like 0      
01 Aug 2013 2:08 PM by vistaverde Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Any ideas?

I have written a letter of complaint about several problems in the community - one to administrator and the other to the president.

My letter to the pres. has resulted in a message as follows: Automatic reply - your message is not authorized by the receiver and has been rejected !

Can the president decide not to accept my email?

What should I do next?

Many thanks for any ideas - PVV - roasting in the lovely sun.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2013 2:10 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

I would send a letter by recorded delivery.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
01 Aug 2013 5:51 PM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Vistaverde, In reply to your problem,iam Vice President of our community and we had four years of four Presidents that had exactly the same attitude  one of "lets get through this year with the minimum of interuption" we had more than enough of that and we have been in office 3years . we listen to all complaints and problems working on the assumption that as a community we should all have a say and have the ear of the President. To say that it has been hard would be an understatement,But we set out with our principles and as we come to the end of our term we stillhave them despite the abuse and harrasment we have faced. I also felt that our previous President never could be bothered and no one could find him to ask for help. My only advice vote him out at the AGM and hope you find

someone with the courage to take on the most thankless of tasks.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2013 6:13 PM by vistaverde Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Thanks elraso - seems like most communities have problems of communications and I can see the logic of waiting until the AGM and then voting out the present guy.

I don't think we can hang on until next February as many vital services are dropping to bits. We have urgently leaking water pipes, blocked and foul smelling drains and a complete mess on finances and owners are starting to leave the sinking ship.

I thought of sending a burofax or using a lawyer but don't really want to waste my cash in this time of financial stress.

Thanks for your input PVV

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do you Spain. No free cancellation fees and no email or replys whatsoever - 5 posts
Spain's Tourism is on the rise this year again thanks to British - 1 posts
sky changes for September - 1 posts
Shaving With Broken Glass - 13 posts
Buying a bed in spain or in the uk - 10 posts
Plan Pive-2 - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
They go bust - we pay - 0 posts
Community Fees help please - 9 posts
Dumb Waiters - 10 posts
Gas Inspection - 4 posts
action against La Caixa - 6 posts
New Tenancy Law changes Ley4/2013 - 4 posts
New Owner - 5 posts
If a property is advertised to rent on this site is it legit? - 3 posts
What is your #1 Question regarding buying a property in Spain? - 4 posts
Legal tip 991. What Keith Rule victory means - 1 posts
Recession! Really? - 6 posts
B7 G4 071D Condado de Alhambra -La Isla - 2 posts
Learning Spanish .... - 2 posts
"Spanish as she is really spoke" !!! - 0 posts
New tax rules - 3 posts
How do you rate Spanish drivers - 46 posts
Courier Service, Torrevieja - 1 posts
La Tomatina - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x