If a property is advertised to rent on this site is it legit?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2013 3:23 PM by bigmike Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi All

There is a Villa advertised to rent on this site that looks to good to be true. It is also adveritsed for sale on the Savilles property web site. I can't fins it advertised to rent on any other site. How can I be sure that it is not a con?

It is in the featured rental section as  Holiday Villa in Marbella sleeps 14.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Mike

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 4:05 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - looks lovely, doesn´t it?  Why not contact Savills direct and ask them if it is being offered for rent?  We often have properties for sale and need to know if there are tenants coming in over the summer so that we can coordinate viewings.  The agent would be able to contact the owner and check this, if they don´t already know. 

As far as I am aware EoS don´t have the ability to check out private rentals.

Good luck.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 7:39 PM by bigmike Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Claire

Good advice. I have emailed Savilles but so far no response. I will let this forum know if and when I hear back.

Mike

Like 0      
23 Jul 2013 10:36 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Unfortunately we of course do not have the resources to checkout the validity of every property advertised on the website so we can not guarantee that the information provided by the advertiser is legitimate, however many of the owners of the properties advertised on EOS are EOS members and hence communication and verification in some cases can be a lot easier than other sites, however here are some safe booking tips that we strongly advise you follow:

Make sure you call the owner and ask all the questions you think necessary about the property and request references from past guests. Ask for email addresses or phone numbers of past guests who have agreed to be references, and contact them to ask about the property and their stay. You should also request a rental agreement, if the owner or estate agent manager does not use rental agreements for short-stay holiday ask for a printed list of your obligations as a tenant.

Most can be done via email when booking your short-stay accommodation but we strongly recommend you speak personally to the property provider before confirming a booking or making payment. Ensure they answer all your questions and give clear, concise instructions on how to pay.

Use recommended payment methods such as credit card or bank transfer. Never pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or Moneygram. These payment methods are highly susceptible to fraudulent activity.

If you are considering a long-term rental we highly advise you visit the property before proceeding with any payments or contracts and if in doubt consult with a lawyer.

Thanks

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What is your #1 Question regarding buying a property in Spain? - 4 posts
Legal tip 991. What Keith Rule victory means - 1 posts
Recession! Really? - 6 posts
B7 G4 071D Condado de Alhambra -La Isla - 2 posts
Learning Spanish .... - 2 posts
"Spanish as she is really spoke" !!! - 0 posts
New tax rules - 3 posts
How do you rate Spanish drivers - 46 posts
Courier Service, Torrevieja - 1 posts
La Tomatina - 7 posts
anyone know of very good pool companies in torrevieja area of costa blanca - 1 posts
De registering from the Spanish tax system - 10 posts
phoning turkey from spain - 10 posts
EHIC vs Travel Insurance - 0 posts
Private and public healthcare - 0 posts
About to complete on property should I change the locks? - 5 posts
Has anybody bought our apartment - 1 posts
Looking to buy in Comares - 0 posts
Dog Whisperer - 4 posts
So This Is Why The Spanish Are Lazy - 26 posts
Albox Navy Club - 0 posts
ITV in Spain and changing to Spanish Plates Help Wanted. Please - 20 posts
Spain's Black Economy - 20% GDP - 28 posts
Has anyone tried 'La Vid de Ojeda' in Los Alcazares - 9 posts
House Purchase transfer tax % query - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x