Plan Pive-2

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jul 2013 9:37 PM by miguel22 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if I can apply for Plan Pive-2   if I am buying a newer car from a private seller - not from a dealer?

My car is a 1998 and the car that I am considering buying is 5 years old.  

Just wondered if I can still apply and if so, how do I go about it?

Hope someone can advise

Thanks

Anita 

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 1:08 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Anita

It does not work that way. You have to buy a New Car  not secondhand directly from a Dealership. See Link below

http://moneysaverspain.com/offers-cars-spain/

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 9:20 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

A neighbour of mine used the Plan Pive earlier this year. I understand that to get the €2000 reduction some of the rules are as follows:-

It is to buy a NEW unregistered car priced under €25,000

Your old car must be over 10 years old

You need to have owned it for at least 2 years. ( If an imported car then it must have been on the Spanish register for 2 years)

As the old car is scrapped it does not need to be in running order so long as it is 'taxed'.

Apart from the red tape the scheme works very well. My neighbour had a 16 year old small Rover with RHD and he got a new car on the scheme. However when we were looking at different manufacturers there seemed to be some small print that was a little naughty!!! One that I remember was Citroen. They said that the only way we could buy a certain car was that we had to have their finance. Without that then they would not offer the scheme on any other car in their range. Maybe it was just this one garage but even so Citroen lost at least one sale and the Renault garage got a sale.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2013 10:36 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I bought a new car in January.  I do not think that on the current plan You need to have owned it for at least 2 years.     But the dealer will tell you.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 8:12 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi miguel22 the answer to your question is no.

It has to be a new car or less than 12 months old then it works and it needs to be through a dealer as there are Tax implications.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
They go bust - we pay - 0 posts
Community Fees help please - 9 posts
Dumb Waiters - 10 posts
Gas Inspection - 4 posts
action against La Caixa - 6 posts
New Tenancy Law changes Ley4/2013 - 4 posts
New Owner - 5 posts
If a property is advertised to rent on this site is it legit? - 3 posts
What is your #1 Question regarding buying a property in Spain? - 4 posts
Legal tip 991. What Keith Rule victory means - 1 posts
Recession! Really? - 6 posts
B7 G4 071D Condado de Alhambra -La Isla - 2 posts
Learning Spanish .... - 2 posts
"Spanish as she is really spoke" !!! - 0 posts
New tax rules - 3 posts
How do you rate Spanish drivers - 46 posts
Courier Service, Torrevieja - 1 posts
La Tomatina - 7 posts
anyone know of very good pool companies in torrevieja area of costa blanca - 1 posts
De registering from the Spanish tax system - 10 posts
phoning turkey from spain - 10 posts
EHIC vs Travel Insurance - 0 posts
Private and public healthcare - 0 posts
About to complete on property should I change the locks? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x