non resident tax on property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2012 6:37 PM by weaver01 Star rating in liverpool uk. 39 posts Send private message

Hi all, just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of cost on non residents tax i have owned an apparment in polaris world for 1 year now and have heard about non resident tax but do not know how it works, i payed 90616 euros less 15% deposit so thats were im at so if any one of you good people could give me ideas i would be gratfull.

kind regards john

Like 0      
04 Dec 2012 6:54 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Hello John, in short.

1) You should have received your "council"  tax by now, IBI. Whoever owns the property as of January 1 is liable for this.

2) If you didn't own for the whole year NRT is pro-rata

3) The non-resident tax is based on the Catestral value which is stated on the IBI

4) You can choose the do it yourself route or go to an accountant. I can recommend one in Puerto Mazarron that we use and charges vary. If you recommend a friend/get recommended it is 35 Euros admin.

By the way we have noticed a change this year that the tax authorities (Hacienda) will debit our non-resident account directly on December 31 this year.

Juan

PS I can PM details if accountant if you want

PPS Our tax this year on a 3 bed is around 100 Euros

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 04/12/2012.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2012 12:41 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Hello Juan,

Could you clarify one point for us please? Are you saying that Hacienda will take the non residents tax from our bank account without us completing the actual form 210 ?

We have been paying our tax for the last 4 or 5 years via our lawyer. This year we decided that we could no longer justify the cost (250e) so cancelled him. Unfortunately due our house move in the UK taking longer than anticipated we have not been able to get to Spain to arrange payment. We realised that we will incur extra costs from a late payment but didn't see any alternative. If Hacienda will actually take the money that would suit us just fine.

thanks, Mike

Like 0      
05 Dec 2012 3:34 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Mike, our accountant still completed the forms for us. This was the instruction we received from them.

This amount will be charged by the Tax Authorities directly from your Spanish bank account on 31st December 2012. Please make sure you have enough funds into your account when the charge is made. Please attach your bank account number in order to submit your non resident taxes.

UNQUOTE

I believe you still have to complete form 210.

Juan

Like 0      
05 Dec 2012 3:45 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I will look into what paperwork we have in the UK to see if we are able to complete form 210 this year. We have just moved house so can't always find what we need !

Mike

Like 0      
05 Dec 2012 6:25 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

To Xetog the modelo 210 does need to be completed.  The solicitor mentioned would have arranged a direct debit for the tax amount to match up with the form he submitted.  You can pay from a UK bank but most banks charge for this (it is a Swift/IBAN payment to the tax office).

Like 0      
05 Dec 2012 6:30 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The Hacienda can be instructed to take the amount due from your bank account  / be paid by your bank, providing you have completed the 210 and submitted it.

I do it for my son.  Having completed the 210 on-line I take it to his bank and they pay directly.

The Hacienda don’t just do it for you

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Residency and taxes - 12 posts
Claiming ESA AND DLA in spain - 4 posts
Tarifa - Morocco and then? - 6 posts
Golf Courses on the Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Murcia International Airport... new name for Corvera - 4 posts
Turkey "tips" please! - 9 posts
Is property crime one of the motives for moving back home? - 24 posts
buying good quality sofa bed in the santa pola area - 1 posts
Humax Foxsat-HDR - 3 posts
Loss of TV channels - 16 posts
is football becoming more popular or less popular in spain these years? - 5 posts
Property Reforms in Granada - 0 posts
Of Coefficients and expense allocations ~ HELP! - 1 posts
El Tayo, Los Palacios, Formentera del Segura - 3 posts
Beware Valencia-Holiday security deposit scam - 2 posts
Should Estate Agents in Spain be Regulated ??? - 4 posts
Astra 2F - change over from 1N - Initial transponder list - 31 posts
Orange Gas Bottle = Mijas Costa - 3 posts
Recovery of costs - 3 posts
Spanish Title Deeds Insurance - 3 posts
Help? - 2 posts
licences and taxes for growing veg on own land - 0 posts
80% OF ALL JOBS ARE NOT ADVERTISED IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Watching UK TV in Spain - 41 posts
Couching - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x