Watching UK TV in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Nov 2012 7:39 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have been using www.filmon.com for a couple of days.

It is free and  would seem to provide UK TV very well, and no need to hide your location. I registered as living in Spain.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2012 9:14 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Been using Filmon via an IPAD for a long time now and works great especially as it plays through my TV using an Apple TV Box

Also use an easy IPVPN, Strong VPN, which gives me live TV on IPlayer and all of the catch up channels

Have found that Filmon it is not as reliable on a PC

Like 0      
03 Jan 2013 12:39 PM by jaxx Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

for a long time I tried all the possible free services, unfortunately they all have these pop up adds that are driving me nuts..and had  problems with most of them. I decided that it's worth paying 4 pounds a month, now I am using UKTVaccess, it works as if I am in UK..I can watch all the online catch up channels, and even stream online tv...brilliant service!

Like 0      
05 Feb 2013 12:15 PM by isitworthatry Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

The problem with these free proxies seem to be pop ups and ads, yes im fed up with them to. ive been using a program for catchup and live tv from the computer company in la marina, not sure if i can put their website here so i wont . but if you want some more info about the program please ask.

If any body can tell me if i am allowed to put web addresses on the forum please do.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 1:39 PM by astra2 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi There,

There is a huge ammount of speculation about UKTV reception changes changes. ** EDITED - Promotion-Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 15/02/2013.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 1:41 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I will worry about it,  if it becomes a problem, 

Crossing bridges etc.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 1:48 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Surely the best solution is something like Filmon via the internet which is what I use , no VPN's or proxy servers and you are going to have to pay for internet and it costs NOTHING and again no POP Ups

If you pay them they will give you catchup TV and recording but you can also route this through a USB recording device

I do use a simple VPN which I pay 72 dollars a year for, StrongVPN so I also get Iplayer, 5OD etc and what do I use as the player, an IPAD, works great

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 2:47 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

If you really want to know the truth as to whats happening to UK TV in Spain you need to read this.

http://satandpcguy.com/Site/astra_satellites_2012_2013_reception_spain.php

Written by Satandpcguy who is member of EOS but alas he doesn't seem to post much these days.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 3:16 PM by astra2 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Filmon is now full of pop ups. For the last few weeks they have added the thing that makes you watch an ad first. Its funded by ads right now. When demand peaks, they will charge. They did charge during the olympics. Besides all that, wont most normal people simply want to watch on a tv set, with a normal remote control. Not surf the web and huddle round on a laptop?

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 4:23 PM by isitworthatry Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi yes you are correct, FREE stuff seems to be a waste of time pop ups ads. The latest ive heard is one of the main free providers expatshield is droping spyware and viruses on to computers, as i say you get nothing for nothing even worse expensive computer fixes.

Im using a program download from the computer company in la marina it enables you to get catchup TV the fastest connection ive used so far, BBC and ITV player as well as some other UK and Spanish channels, for a one of fee, they also offer a pay monthly section so you can access sky go, netflix if you have those accounts, also  includes loads of other catchup and live UK channels.

isitworthatry? i say yes, what do you think, might as well try because you can get a free trial.

ive linked there you tube video it shows you how to connect your laptop to your TV

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 5:46 PM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

Proxy.ukcloak.co.uk £ 44 per year no problems for the 3 years I have used it.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 6:45 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

No popups on the IPAD version of Filmon still straight into viewing

Perhaps this is only on the PC version

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 6:47 PM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

I can confirm no po up on ipad.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 10:01 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Filmon has no pop-ups on my PC...

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
15 Feb 2013 7:42 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

"Written by Satandpcguy who is member of EOS but alas he doesn't seem to post much these days."

He is still here when needs be.....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
15 Feb 2013 8:01 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

You should read the information from Paul, I know him well from his local business around Torrevieja, he has been there a LONG time in the same business and tells it warts and all as far as the Sat TV business is concerned and is VERY knowledgeable

Pease read his information and then you can make an INFORMED decision

Like 0      
15 Feb 2013 8:40 AM by astra2 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I was forced to upgrade the film on app on ipad, Now, when i select a channel, i get an video advert i have to watch at least 6 seconds of, before i can watch. When i hit the skip button for the ad, im diverted to the app store to buy a game.

How some of you are not seeing this is strange. But give it time. They have to be funded somehow. And the traffic will spike after switch off. This traffic has to be paid for. Trust me, you cant run these things for free.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2013 8:41 AM by astra2 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Adverts they display are based on IP address, so they can show you ads local to where you are.

Anyway, like i say. for most people, a Set top Box under the TV is what they want. Only the tech minded would be happy with cables from PC to TV. The quality of image on the Amino box via HDMI teamed with the super EPG of astra 2 is super.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2013 9:18 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

"a Set top Box under the TV is what they want"

Thankfully I am Irish, so undferstand that completely !

Like 0      
15 Feb 2013 11:26 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

What a brilliant posting johnx, funny who certain items get general names

I have a set top box under my TV, it is an Apple box but it isn't the only one that will allow you to stream HD quality TV, without wires, from a PC, or Tablet and it was very easy to setup

The pattern of users in Spain is different, yes you have residents but also people that want low cost systems for holiday properties

Given all of the debate at present and to be honest confusion about the future when it comes to the sizes of the dishes required people could waste their money by buying a smaller dish but who really knows

Now I am no expert in this area but I believe that if you read the magazines, the whole world is saying that things will eventually move to the internet for TV delivery, especially as even in Spain the bandwidths area increasing and I cannot see the logic of having to buy a dish system that also requires a connection to the internet and the expense of this

I have another property, with a 1.9m dish on the roof but at my other location I use the internet because it works, I need the internet for work, so it costs me nothing. The dish system was installed 4 years ago when we had all the problems with re-broadcasters and it works great, cost me then a lot more than it would cost now but it has paid for itself over and over again

If I was to buy I would put in a cheap 1.4m dish with a good LNB, a Freesat plus box but I would be prepared to write off the investment because I do not want one of the only packages that seem too be guaranteed to continue, The Sky Packages and yes before anybody says I know that you shouldn't have Sky in Spain

It has already I believe that Filmon doesn't have any POP ups so not sure how the comments regarding the IP address have anything to do with this debate

This message was last edited by inspectahomespain on 15/02/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Couching - 0 posts
Cats on Complex - 2 posts
Free Language Exchange Anyone? - 0 posts
Capital Gains tax - 0 posts
agm agenda - 4 posts
EX18 Form - 0 posts
Endesagas - 0 posts
Visiting the UK - 18 posts
Pramount update - 3 posts
Contact lenses Quesada? - 2 posts
Anyone know a good gestor in Motril/Salobreña? - 0 posts
recargo 20% disuasorio - 0 posts
First name and surname - 3 posts
A spot of poetry? - 1 posts
Return of deposit - 2 posts
Internet La Vereda - 0 posts
Has the band bank stopped my sale? - 3 posts
Kindle in Spain - 13 posts
Spanish people moving abroad for work - 35 posts
Living In Spain Documentary Film - 29 posts
VPN - 1 posts
Any advice please. - 4 posts
Community Fees and Debt Recovery Problems - 20 posts
UK DL to Spanish - 16 posts
Real Estate Leads - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 42

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x