Beware Valencia-Holiday security deposit scam

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Dec 2012 12:18 PM by pbmgoossens Star rating in Costa Ballena, Cadiz. 11 posts Send private message

Valencia-Holiday promotes the rental of furnished luxury apartments throughout the Valencia area.

All looks promising, but also starts with the cashing of a security deposit of 250 euros, which is never returned. As per contractual conditions, the refund should happen within 2-3 days, but this is not the case.

You can spend hours on the phone, and will probably only get the company's voice mail. If you're able to get hold of someone or after you sent tons of emails, the result will still be zero. You will receive a standard set of answers, like Oh we forgot, so send an email to our incidencias department, or there is a problem with the online payment system, or we missed the repayment slot TPV and cannot repay the credit card anymore, we will go to the bank to solve it, it is in the hands of our accounting department etc. Anyway, you are wasting your time and will probably never see the money again.

It is amazing that companies like these do exist and make it their business to rather rip off customers, cash 250 euros per stay, instead of having clean rentals and count on recurring business. They count on you not doing anything about it, because the amount is too small to start legal proceedings, which would cost you lots more.

If you do some research on the web, you will find many affected Spanish and foreign customers, that have experienced the same ordeal, but unfortunately cannot group themselves to take action against fraudulent companies like these.

The 'Register of Complaints/Hoja de Reclamaciones' do not seem to have any effect either....

So be aware and do some research before you even think about a luxury holiday in Valencia apartments!

Like 0      
01 Dec 2012 6:15 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Hi pbmgoosens,

I googled Valencia-Holiday but didn't find any adverse reviews - I was interested as we'll probably go there next year.

I've had similar a couple of times in the last few years, so I also pay by credit card now and you are protected.  If the worst happens you just inform the credit card company and they investigate and refund the amount after 2/3 months.  Invariably you have to fill in a form, but other than that, no hassle. 

It's good to pusue these bu**ers as a matter of principle - if enough people do so Mastercard/Visa etc will get fed up with them and remove their facility.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2012 11:36 AM by pbmgoossens Star rating in Costa Ballena, Cadiz. 11 posts Send private message

Hello Acer,

thanks for the reaction.

You indeed need to search very detailed and most incidents are reported in Spanish. If you use google_es and look for fianza problemas, rental problems Valencia etc, you eventually encounter up to 10-12  similar cases. There are a couple on twitter too, but that tool is not allowing to dig deep enough. 

I did use my credit card, but you still need to put your pincode and the slip shows 'venta'. So real malicious boys can still get away with it. But as you suggested, I indeed reported the  case to the credit card company and hope they will return the funds, based on my statement of it being a security deposit . We'll see.

Anyway, Valencia is beautiful and worth more than one visit! But take a trusted hotel chain  to avoid surprises. Since recently, we do a lot of bookings with NH hoteles. Fantastic chain and very economical. Enjoy valencia.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Should Estate Agents in Spain be Regulated ??? - 4 posts
Astra 2F - change over from 1N - Initial transponder list - 31 posts
Orange Gas Bottle = Mijas Costa - 3 posts
Recovery of costs - 3 posts
Spanish Title Deeds Insurance - 3 posts
Help? - 2 posts
licences and taxes for growing veg on own land - 0 posts
80% OF ALL JOBS ARE NOT ADVERTISED IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Watching UK TV in Spain - 41 posts
Couching - 0 posts
Cats on Complex - 2 posts
Free Language Exchange Anyone? - 0 posts
Capital Gains tax - 0 posts
agm agenda - 4 posts
EX18 Form - 0 posts
Endesagas - 0 posts
Visiting the UK - 18 posts
Pramount update - 3 posts
Contact lenses Quesada? - 2 posts
Anyone know a good gestor in Motril/Salobreña? - 0 posts
recargo 20% disuasorio - 0 posts
First name and surname - 3 posts
A spot of poetry? - 1 posts
Return of deposit - 2 posts
Internet La Vereda - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x