Claiming ESA AND DLA in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2012 1:19 PM by slewis100 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi to everyone im kinda new here and just wanted some advice , i have been working all my life up unitl a year ago , i have for the last 15 years claimed dla at higher rate due to a disability i have , now as im getting older its slowly getting worse and the wether here in the u.k does not help , so i have been thinking of moving to spain , i wonder if any of you could help me at all , or know wether i could still claim either ESA or DLA or none or both , any advice would be gratefull, thank you so much, the dwp website kind of confuses me and everything else i have read is for people in a retirement age.

Thank you in advance .

Like 0      
03 Dec 2012 1:37 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Call your DWP office and ask them. 

That way you will KNOW for sure.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2012 3:11 PM by elviriadreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

elviriadreamer´s avatar

Hi Slewis.

Yes you can transfer DLA payments abroad if moving to Spain. ESA can be transferred "depending" on if you are claiming income based ESA or contribution based ESA. Your claim MUST be made/running BEFORE leaving the UK. Sorry but the government site has been revamped, so not all previous information is showing. You should give them a call to clarify.

Also, do be aware major changes are due April 2013 with PIP, and this could change current conditions/regulations.

https://www.gov.uk/moving-or-retiring-abroad

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/information-and-services/money-tax-and-benefits/money-abroad/benefits-abroad.htm 

Hope you find the info you are looking for...GOOD LUCK.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2012 3:33 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

03 Dec 2012 4:29 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

As it is a legal requirement for people to notify the UK benefits office before relocating to another country then I suggest this really is your best and ONLY option in order to know for sure because all the websites, even the Government ones ,only go as far as .....maybe .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tarifa - Morocco and then? - 6 posts
Golf Courses on the Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Murcia International Airport... new name for Corvera - 4 posts
Turkey "tips" please! - 9 posts
Is property crime one of the motives for moving back home? - 24 posts
buying good quality sofa bed in the santa pola area - 1 posts
Humax Foxsat-HDR - 3 posts
Loss of TV channels - 16 posts
is football becoming more popular or less popular in spain these years? - 5 posts
Property Reforms in Granada - 0 posts
Of Coefficients and expense allocations ~ HELP! - 1 posts
El Tayo, Los Palacios, Formentera del Segura - 3 posts
Beware Valencia-Holiday security deposit scam - 2 posts
Should Estate Agents in Spain be Regulated ??? - 4 posts
Astra 2F - change over from 1N - Initial transponder list - 31 posts
Orange Gas Bottle = Mijas Costa - 3 posts
Recovery of costs - 3 posts
Spanish Title Deeds Insurance - 3 posts
Help? - 2 posts
licences and taxes for growing veg on own land - 0 posts
80% OF ALL JOBS ARE NOT ADVERTISED IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Watching UK TV in Spain - 41 posts
Couching - 0 posts
Cats on Complex - 2 posts
Free Language Exchange Anyone? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x