is football becoming more popular or less popular in spain these years?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Dec 2012 12:21 PM by CHOUJIBA Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

spain get one world and 2 euro champions these years...

Like 0      
02 Dec 2012 1:39 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

What makes you ask the question?

Football is as popular as it has always been. No more and no less. It is the number one sport in the country and always will be. Whether they win or loose. Football is football.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2012 2:26 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

According to the newspaper  La Verdad Formula 1 last Sunday had the highest ever audience for any Spanish tv channel

Like 0      
02 Dec 2012 5:08 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar
I read that it was a record for Antena 3 this year. Given that it was on Sunday and lasted several hours and the data is the sum of all people that connected at some point of the race and the real peak was in the last lap , I don't think it bears significance. Alonso could have been world champion. If it had been Madrid Barca and a decisive match for the league and on Sunday, it would have gone through the roof.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
26 Dec 2012 5:47 PM by Agustin Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

According to recent research,every week more than 300,000 people in Spain flock to the countries dozens of sports stadiums to watch Spanish football league games.Millions of people in Spain love to watch this sport on television.

Like 0      
26 Dec 2012 6:04 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Personally I think the huge passion for football is what has moved a lot of young Spaniards away from bull fighting over the past 10 years.  A lot of big games are on Sundays which is when the bull fights tended to be.   I think changing cultural factors have had more to do with the fact that bullfights ceased to be screened for a long time, than animal rights concerns.   And I don't think they will become popular again.   I would say football is huge in Spain at the moment and why would it not be?   If England had managed half the success of the national team in Spain, there would have been a week long public holiday!!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property Reforms in Granada - 0 posts
Of Coefficients and expense allocations ~ HELP! - 1 posts
El Tayo, Los Palacios, Formentera del Segura - 3 posts
Beware Valencia-Holiday security deposit scam - 2 posts
Should Estate Agents in Spain be Regulated ??? - 4 posts
Astra 2F - change over from 1N - Initial transponder list - 31 posts
Orange Gas Bottle = Mijas Costa - 3 posts
Recovery of costs - 3 posts
Spanish Title Deeds Insurance - 3 posts
Help? - 2 posts
licences and taxes for growing veg on own land - 0 posts
80% OF ALL JOBS ARE NOT ADVERTISED IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Watching UK TV in Spain - 41 posts
Couching - 0 posts
Cats on Complex - 2 posts
Free Language Exchange Anyone? - 0 posts
Capital Gains tax - 0 posts
agm agenda - 4 posts
EX18 Form - 0 posts
Endesagas - 0 posts
Visiting the UK - 18 posts
Pramount update - 3 posts
Contact lenses Quesada? - 2 posts
Anyone know a good gestor in Motril/Salobreña? - 0 posts
recargo 20% disuasorio - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x