Disneyland

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by jannine Star rating in England/Leeds. 48 posts Send private message

jannine´s avatar
I have heard on the grapevine that there is to be a new disneyland to be built 5 miles from murcia, not excactly sure where, but because of a poor turnover in paris it has been decided to build one in spain, does anyone else know about this.

jannine

Like 0      
20 Nov 2006 3:15 PM by stowellp Star rating in Essex. 13 posts Send private message

I was in Murcia last week looking at Polaris World properties, nobody mentioned anything about Disneyland. I'm sure the agents would have mentioned it if they had heard anything, as they were keen to point out every positive of Murcia life. 

Like 0      
20 Nov 2006 3:32 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

This is a report a regarding, the New Theme Park near Murcia.

I`am not sure if they are going in 2 by 2, but there is going to be 400 animals moving in and settling over the winter.Ready for the opening  

Theme Park in Murcia

Davey

Like 0      
20 Nov 2006 4:44 PM by Infinity Star rating in Southport. 18 posts Send private message

Most of the news I have heard is that Disneyland is supposed to be built in Estepona. Who knows how many of these rumours are true?

Like 0      
20 Nov 2006 5:53 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Jannine the corporate message from Disney is that thye will never close Paris despite the fact it has lost money since day 1. That is direct from the horse's mouth - I have a client who works for them. When Paris was being considered they were also considering Estepona on the CDS but because of poor infrastructure Paris was the preferred option. Rumours have been abundant for the last 10 years about an option on the CDS so do not put any store by rumour. However it has been proposed that a new Disney theme park (possibly on an ecological basis) is being considered in Manilva on the CDS. Normally I would park this with every other rumour (Abramovich buying Estepona port etc), however there have definitely been meeting between Disney representatives, the Mayor of Manilva and reps of the Andalucian government within the last 6 months. They have been quoted and photgraphed. Whether it means anything or not I am not going to speculate, but there is enthusiasm on all sides if the right proposition can be put together.

I have not heard anything about Murcia but that does not mean to say it is not true.

RGds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Nov 2006 4:20 PM by selwynf Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

if there have been any meetings between Disney reps and the Mayor of Manilva, that'll be the end of that project or at least, the end of that profitable project

Like 0      
25 Nov 2006 12:01 AM by daniela Star rating in Duquesa. 167 posts Send private message

daniela´s avatar
I was in Duquesa last week and I heard that plans had been submiitted to the town hall and apparently work has already begun preparing the land behind our development in Duquesa.  It's not going to be another euro disney as such but an educational retreat or something or other.  Who knows if any of that is true though!  I guess time will tell!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2006 12:21 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
daniela, we know that Disney have bought land in the Manilva area but to be honest no one actually knows where, apart from the town hall I suppose.  It won't be another Disney Land as such, more of like a kids summer camp I think.  There is some info at www.disneyspain.eu.

Whatever they end up doing it can only be good for the area in terms of tourism and maybe property prices...but I suppose only time will tell and it's still a few years away.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Nov 2006 1:02 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Good news for all I would think - they have to do it better than Selwo. Hopefully they will take a good look at the quality of Fuengirola Zoo and use that as a benchmark if it is something involving wild animals.

Rgds 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Mar 2007 6:55 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Oh dear it's back! Have heard that plans have been approved for some sort of Disney Park.

Wish someone would put us out of our misery and tell us one way or the other.

Alan

Like 0      
02 Mar 2007 6:58 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
What's your news then, Alan?  Would really like to hear it - I think it would be great to have something there by disney or warner or anybody else!!

Like 0      
02 Mar 2007 11:29 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

It may be a case of Chinese whispers but below is the exact quote from the source of this information.

'I have been told that the Junta De Andalucia have passed all plans for a Disney Park at Manilva, which seems to conflict greatly with the recent comments from the Town Hall! '

Alan

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 10:32 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

"EuroDisney moving to Spain"??

Don´t think so, ...I understand they are staying in Brussels

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 10:35 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I reckon its rumours put out by the real estate agents down there to keep their buyers quiet - the ones that bought to sell on and now are stuck with varying white elephants!

Maybe other potentail buyers  will be told this and so will slap their dosh on the table very quickly before they lose the `last one available` 

Or am I being cynical?? 

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 10:41 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Morning Rixxi,

Aww ...now you´ve busted my hopes. I was gonna give up estate agency an apply for a job as Mickey Mouse!  Apparently on his 75th Birthday he gets a George Bush watch!!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 1:09 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I have it on good authority from a Disney employee that Eurodisney Paris will never close down or move to Spain - that is from the boss' mouth - while it is apparently losing money they will not suffer the humiliation of shutting it as it would damage the brand.

However if there is a Disney Park in Manilva or surrounds it will be on eco/sports theme park - white water rafting and that type of thing - maybe even some jurassics so that us old timers will feel at home - that is of course IF it happens.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 9:28 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Gillespie,

I thought George Bush was Mickey Mouse!

Ah! That's what's happening in Manivla: George Bush is building his retirement home there. I always said that guy lived in Disney Land!?!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 12:45 PM by annel Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Any further news of Disney developing something at Manilva?      I have just received an optimistic estate agents email but realise this means nothing without official confirmation.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 1:12 PM by hfagan Star rating in Hove, East Sussex. 36 posts Send private message

hfagan´s avatar
There is an interview with Antonia Munoz, the new mayor of Manilva, in the latest edition of "The Resident"  in which she states "As of the moment, there are no planning procedures for a theme park, Disney or otherwise".

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 1:20 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Not true! Why, as I write, Mickey Mouse has his digger out to break ground....................................!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

mortgages - 10 posts
Property owned by Spanish SL - 4 posts
Bank Valuations - 10 posts
wanted, any info on calpe,altea area - 3 posts
From North to South - 3 posts
roda golf - 1 posts
le heredia - 1 posts
General help please - 1 posts
mortgage advice - 2 posts
Expensive in Madrid - 1 posts
Lights are not always included - 5 posts
Arcos de la Frontera - 3 posts
pets on the move - 0 posts
Best bank for expats - 100 posts
Don't pay for your bank guarantee - 14 posts
villa required 27th feb to 4th march in murcia region - 2 posts
Property prices in inland Murcia - 3 posts
Property prices in inland Murcia - 0 posts
Do you like the new logo? - 20 posts
Accountants - 0 posts
Flights to and from GLASGOW - 0 posts
ADVICE - 2 posts
Finca parcs development - 0 posts
Deposit - 4 posts
Community Minutes - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 47

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x