Arcos de la Frontera

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by Mick D Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,
I am thinking of buying an apartment (off plan) in a new development in Arcos, Cadiz province. Anyone else already there or has useful information?

Mick

Like 0      
17 Nov 2006 3:14 PM by robert hayles Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

hi

my advice to you would be to not buy off plan at all , its not worth the risk, i would advise you to buy a property which is already built where owner(invester wants to ofload as strugling to make the loan payment , have you not read the problems with off plan on the dev forums , there are bargains galore out there for resale so if u get good independant lawyer to check everything before hand ther should be no risk involved at all

Bob

Like 0      
17 Nov 2006 3:23 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Arcos is a lovely place.  I haven't been there for many years but it's a fantastic location.  Bob is right to be wary of buying off plan but if you do your home work and are not in a hurry, then there are some really nice properties being built around Arcos.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Nov 2006 5:17 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Dont know about Arcos specifically but know that certain parts of C D Luz becoming a bit of a concrete jungle - couldnt beliebve the development when I went down earlier in the year for a weekend to Cadiz - Santie Petrie seems to be very very developed. Coast road gives no real indication and until I went "off piste" (or was it off pissed - oh no Iwas driving) near Conil, had seen very little development.

Have heard of some unscrupulous agents/developers down there trying to do the old CDS trick of selling a house for remarkable value but no licence - or anything else for that matter - taking big upfront deposit and disappearing into the night. As with everything else tread with caution!

Bear in mind the climate is very seasonal and more like the Algarve although probably a bit wetter in winter - generally colder wetter winters and hotter summers. Weather can be significantly different to the CDS. Sea can be quite chilly even in summer because it is the Atlantic. Got to say though that around the Algeciras corner and along that coastline, without a doubt the best beaches in Spain (sorry if I upset anyone else my opinion).

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

pets on the move - 0 posts
Best bank for expats - 100 posts
Don't pay for your bank guarantee - 14 posts
villa required 27th feb to 4th march in murcia region - 2 posts
Property prices in inland Murcia - 3 posts
Property prices in inland Murcia - 0 posts
Do you like the new logo? - 20 posts
Accountants - 0 posts
Flights to and from GLASGOW - 0 posts
ADVICE - 2 posts
Finca parcs development - 0 posts
Deposit - 4 posts
Community Minutes - 0 posts
Administrators - 34 posts
cost of living? - 1 posts
Lifts - 0 posts
Gogo Estates, Aguilas - 30 posts
thinking of buying in porto fino - 1 posts
Neuvo Vera Apartment - 1 posts
jimena latest - 9 posts
Property Management - 0 posts
any information on building progress on torre alcantara? - 0 posts
furnature in fureteventura - 4 posts
3 months longer for developers to sell a new development - 0 posts
MRI international - 93 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x