Deposit

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by Jonathan99 Star rating in Belfast. 69 posts Send private message

We have been asked to pay the second installment of the deposit in Dec.

We are in Phase 2 and the development has been delayed until dec 2008. Do we have any grounds to delay the deposit payment?

Jonathan

Like 0      
13 Nov 2006 11:36 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

You should speak to your lawyer. Technically it is illegal in Spain to take a deposit without the planning approved and the licence to start construction. The reality as with most things Spanish is that many developers flout the law. I have a development close to me where they have started clearing the land and putting in the roads etc to get to the urbanisation but they do not have the Licences yet. The question is what stage are they at to cause the extended delay. You dont say "phase 2" of what and where nor what is scheduled to happen in Dec 2008 - completion? If they are saying now Dec 08 - there is every chance it will be closer to mid or late 09. Certain developers are notorious for requesting 2nd or third instalments in contravention of the law just to aid their cashflow - even on developments that might never get permissions. INsist your lawyer clarifies the situation for you and informs you of both your rights and your obligations and whether you have an escape clause (should you want it bearing in mind the amended schedule). After all you might have fixed plans regarding a move to Spain or something along those lines.

Rgds Smiley

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
07 Dec 2006 7:01 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You can ask for a revision of your contract, given the circumnstances.

María L.  de Castro

www.costaluzlawyers.es

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Oct 2007 12:28 PM by gillrd Star rating in Putney. 33 posts Send private message

I am in the process of cancelling my contract at a development in Cadiz. It should have been completed in December 06. They have also been unreasonable about having to pay for the developer's mortgage fees even if we were to take on a different mortgage. Do I have a case for compensation?

Like 0      
29 Oct 2007 2:40 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

You ideally need to discuss this with your lawyer or if you are not comfortabe with that one then Mariadecastro here on this forum has been successful in obtaining deposits returned

I understand it is illegal for the developer to charge you in the case of not taking up their mortgage, so stand your ground and obtain independant advice

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Minutes - 0 posts
Administrators - 34 posts
cost of living? - 1 posts
Lifts - 0 posts
Gogo Estates, Aguilas - 30 posts
thinking of buying in porto fino - 1 posts
Neuvo Vera Apartment - 1 posts
jimena latest - 9 posts
Property Management - 0 posts
any information on building progress on torre alcantara? - 0 posts
furnature in fureteventura - 4 posts
3 months longer for developers to sell a new development - 0 posts
MRI international - 93 posts
kids football teams - 0 posts
Andalucian dream homes? have you used them? - 86 posts
Laguna Golf - 1 posts
Crimestoppers call on Costa del Sol residents to help find wanted criminals - 1 posts
Green Area - 6 posts
A dream home in Spain - 0 posts
completion - 3 posts
El Ttampolin - 0 posts
Property Services - 0 posts
Looking for work in spain - 0 posts
Caravaca de la Cruz - 1 posts
Final accounts - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x