Good news in Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2010 6:31 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

I have always wondered What the term SHIFTING SANDS meant

Having read Normans latest climb down I now understand.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 6:51 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Good news in Spain is the title of the thread and it would be helpful to readers wanting to find out exactly what IS good at the moment in Spain if the topic stayed on theme !!!

Weve all been guilty of straying off track (myself included) but this thread is beginning to look like the wimbledon battle yesterday and today with the ball being lobbed backwards and forwards with no end in sight!!  

Im sure there will be people who are debating whether to move across to Spain or not and this thread could be the source of some really interesting and helpful information.

I am only a visitor to Spain at the mo because my hubby and I are awaiting improvements before we make the final big decision and move across to our place in Rojales (Yup, we could be waiting a long time ...), but any information (whether it be on this particular thread or 'bad news in Spain' etc) is useful and appreciated. However, the bickering (sorry , but thats how Im beginning to see it) is getting rather tiresome. Yup, I could choose not to read the thread but you never know.... there actually may be some good news in Spain to be shared if people are given the chance and are confident that their contributions are not going to be criticised / rebuffed etc etc etc.

Soooooooooooooooo, come on all ye ex-pats, please share some good news with us!!

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 7:00 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

What is wrong with you people I started this thread for good news, so I have some more.

My eldest son Steven gets our of hospital tomorrow after 2 weeks and one day. A successful operation he now needs to time for rehab, thank goodness I never introduced him to EOS.

I can just imagine his reaction to some of the petty nonsensical drivel spouting from the mouths of those who are intent on ruining things for every one because of their own self centered misguided failings.

Norman get a life, you have no idea what it is like to have real problems, go and spoil some one elses party.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 8:06 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

not good news I know but sounds urgent...............

Hello all!@

Sorry I have not been on here for a while,so much been going on! I am STILL in Spain as I STILL do not have a Birth Certificate for my 14 month old Son!! The Civil Registry seem to be going out of their way to be as difficult as possible. I have told them repeatedly that I am a single mother with 2 small children,no money and living in a 2 bedroom apartment with my elderly parents and all the do is shrug. They are rude,at best! The Consulate can do nothing and have told me 4 times they will call me back and never do. I am now in the position that I have to go back to the UK with my daughter in order to get some money and I have to leave my young son with my parents.

I could go on and on about the mistakes the Civil Registry have made but i will not bore you. Needless to say, I am no longer sad to say goodbye to this country,i hope,after I get this Birth Certificate,that I never see this country again. My son cannot register for schools or a doctor and cannot get his vaccinations,is this the way EU citizens are treated in our modern times,i wonder.

I am trying to find ANYONE with some authority to help me and my children. I am sure there must be a way to get a free lawyer or someone to work on our behalf. Someone in the Civil Registry should be sacked for the mistakes and general couldnt care less attitude they have shown my family but I dont know where to turn to get help!

Any advice GREATLY appreciated!

Perhaps the idiots on this thread could combine their limited intelligence and do something useful and relevant instead of wasting their time calling me names etc.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 8:49 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Norman why have you now resorted to copying and pasting posts from other threads. Emerald Property Management started her own thread on 22-12-09 and has had 83 replies, and 6200 views and I am sure if she wanted her latest post to appear here she would have done so herself. This post is for good news, and presumably that is why she chose not to post it here.

As for us idiots helping we could not possibly, even combining our limited intelligence, equal or surpass any thing you could offer her.

I symphasize with her problems but at least she had the intelligence and good manners to post in the right place.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

This message was last edited by redsam79 on 24/06/2010.

This message was last edited by redsam79 on 24/06/2010.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 9:58 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Some good news in Spain ...

My mum-in-law lives in Rojales on a permanent basis and loves it! She manages with the lower exchange rate without any complaints / moans / groans and has a very active lifestyle. She is a member of a ladies club that raises money for charities such as a local animal sanctuary and ones that support / help children, and thanks to some lovely neighbours / friends, she enjoys a number of trips to different places. She came back to UK this April and although she had a lovely time visiting friends and family plus enjoyed some good ol' retail therapy in M&S, she was glad to return to her own little place in the sun.

Not bad for an 82 year old eh?!!

This message was last edited by wend691 on 24/06/2010.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 10:16 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

wend691, sorry that is not good news............................. that is great news!!

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 10:18 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Norman

There was no need to cut and paste Vicci's post from the other thread - I have just seen it and offered some advice which, by some strange coincidence, TechNoApe has also done.  I did that before coming onto this thread.

Wend691,

Thank you for your lovely post about your amazing Mum: you must be very proud of her.  John and I have both retired, however we are young 60-somethings, so I hope that in 20 years' time we are enjoying life in Spain as much as she is!

The good news is that we have two nights out to look forward to: a flamenco dance spectacular on Friday night, followed by a flamenco-pop concert in a bodega on Saturday night (involving wine-tasting and food too).  Tickets for the event on Friday cost 5€ and for the music in the bodega cost 8€.  We know both evenings will be very enjoyable and excellent value for money.  What would be paying for an equivalent night out in London? 

Sue

PS I promise not to go off topic by mentioning the final result of that marathon match at Wimbledon.......!

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 10:20 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Awwww thank you Redsam for acknowledging that its great news about my mum-in-law ... I totally agree with you. Shes amazing!

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 10:21 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

I don't normally get exasperated with people, but Norman you are such pain I'll make an exception. Looking for second hand  bad news to demonstrate your antipathy towards Spain, is quite frankly pathetic. If I wanted to, I could trawl web sites etc to find and post bad news about this country, and it wouldn't be difficult - there's good and bad everywhere, but you just look for the bad about Spain. At first I thought you were misguided but possibly genuine, but now I realise you are mean spririted and obsessed, and your outpourings of bile suggest that your problems are in no small way a result of your own shortcomings and  bad attitude.

Spain is notorious for it's red tape (though some people complain about ours) so if you can't put up with it, don't go there. I just had a fine for parking in the area where the market sets up in our village each Thursday and although it seemed a bit harsh, I paid it because it was my fault. The system is there for a reason, and those who find it too different from ours for them, need to not start a life there - we can't expect a country to change just to suit us.

Can't you just go away Norman, the vast majority of people on this thread are sick of you and your silly views (you seem the type to mourn the loss of empire, and think foreigners should do as we tell them). If you ever see me (which is unlikely because I integrate with our Spanish village), please don't buy me a drink, because I couldn't stand your company long enough to drink it.

Instead of constantly bothering the rest of us, surely you could find somewhere with people like minded to you (shouting at buses no doubt as one other poster rightly put it) and then you could collectively convince yourselves that the whole world is mad except you - just a helpful suggestion, no offence !

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 10:30 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Hi Sue ... I read your thread after replying to Redsam .... yes, i am VERY proud of my mum-in-law. She has so much get up and go... she truly is amazing. She moved over to Spain 18 months ago even though the sale of our house fell through and we couldnt move over too to our place just round the road from her. She said she didnt know how long she would have left on this earth and she was going to make the most of, treasure and be thankful for every day that was given to her. So she bit the bullet, we shipped her belongings over and she moved across to Rojales Costa Blanca (we had some reservations I have to admit). She has made loads of friends and really enjoys taking part in activities to raise money for local charities. What a woman!  

PS Edited to add ..... (and trying to get back on track with the thread if I can!) .... my OH and I love our trips over and each time we go, we feel we leave a little bit of us there when we come back to UK. The local Spanish people are very welcoming and patient with us when we try and communicate in Spanish (the lessons are helping slowly but surely) and very often, they will speak with us in English if we are struggling. The point being... are we the same in UK with migrant workers etc? (OOOOPS, Im digressing ... sorry Redsam).........

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 10:34 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

You know, I struggle to find a 'good news' post - because every day for us here is good news!  I cannot say how much I enjoy being in Spain - and I don't see any reason to disect why - we just love living here!!  Even though we are paying income tax after many years (we did have to pay a paltry percentage in Singapore when we lived there though!!) it's still great!!

Our son is in a fantastic school, we're living in a beautiful country, can jump in the car and travel anywhere we want to in Spain and, obviously, France, Italy, Germany, etc., can even take the dog with us if we're so inclined!

Love it, love it, love  it!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 10:38 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Wend691,

That is terrific news about your mum-in-law!

She has the spirit we should all admire and aspire to.

Hope you get out here soon and enjoy your lives together in the sun.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 11:04 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Thank you Techno ... yes, youre so right about my mum-in-law's spirit  and outlook on life .... I certainly aspire to be like her in the years ahead (God willing). And thank you for your comments about my OH /my goal and plans to move to Spain. Its hard being here in UK when we actually want to be starting our new life and adventures in Spain with our mum. I hope we can move across soon and I can join Pitby in saying 'love it love it love it'!!

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 11:09 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

Nice that things are working out so well for your mum Wendy, what a treat for you to know how happy she is in her 'senior' years.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 11:13 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Pitby, it is not for me to judge, but I think that is the best post yet on the Good News thread. Hope you keep posting, it is great to hear really good news, from really happy people.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 11:29 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Redsam ... I agree with you. Pitby, please keep the posts coming .... 

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 10:21 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Having caught up with this thread i was amazed that someone could be so heartless as to "joke'' that a firework display was sponsoered by Aifos

i just feel for anyone who comes on here and prefers to follow threads rather than post that kind of comment must be a real "kick in the teeth'' if the've been affected

Posts like that show an absolute disregard for those affected by the Aifos situation and indeed all subject to similar situation

Well below the belt, in MY opinion

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 10:45 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I haven't been following this thread for some time, this bickering should stop, it's getting us all down!

Wendy, your mum-in-law sounds truly amazing & it's wonderful she has settled in Rojales so well. We're not far away & once you & your husband come over too, please remember to look us up & we can have a coffee & maybe meet this terrific character.

Until then

Jan, so glad you're loving it here.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 25/06/2010.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 12:16 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

David W

I know we often don't see eye to eye, but thanks for your comment on this. Those of us affected by Aifos and other developers are 'kicked in the teeth' on quite a regular basis by thankfully quite a small number of people on the forum. We do our best to ignore it and when we respond, we are often accused of highjacking the thread or being negative on a positive only thread.

Until justice is achieved for many of us in Spain, we have no recent happy stories about Spain, just bitterness and hatred for those who have cheated us, the dreadfull justice system that has let us down so badly, and those on here who kick us when we are down. We really do wish all the best for people in Spain who are happy with their lot, (despite what some think!!), as long as they at least try and understand our situation and why now and again our anger at selfish attitudes towards those cheated, leads to harsh comments from us, and makes us look like the bad guys.

So please carry on with the happy stories guys, but please spare a thought now and again for those who would love nothing more than to do the same one day. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 427

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x