day trip to tangiers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Having holidayed on the Costa del sol for the past 20 years, i'm ashamed to say that i really havent seen that much outside of Marbella and the mijas costa. However we have decided that on our holiday in July we should take a coach trip across to Tangiers for the day "with lunch" the cost is about 65 euros per person.

Has anyone been on this trip and is it a pleasant experience?

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 12:13 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

Has anyone been on this trip and is it a pleasant experience? 

No not really, not if you have a blond wife, or indeed a wife at all. All they want to do is trade her for a carpet, can get quite tricky.

If you want a change why not go north into the campo, and explore the towns and villages.

S

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 10:08 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Started a similar thread myself and got some useful replies here http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-10804.aspx.

Team GB can you give any more info on the campo, might like to explore that area myself.

What sort of quality are the carpets they trade for the wife??

Thanks,

H.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 1:24 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi Redsam.

don't know if you know already but the word campo means country it is not an exact place. (I apologise if you know this already)

Also I have been on the trip to tangiers a few years ago and it is well worth the money, as long as it is with a guide and organised. It is an experience to say the least but well worth it especially the boat trip and the trek around the town on foot with a meal thrown in all for 65 euros. we walked in a queue with a guide at the front and one at the back to deter the beggars etc.  You are taken also to a small warehouse where they try to persuade you to buy very expensive hand woven carpets or leather goods etc. but they soon lose interest when they realise you do not have that kind of money or just don't want to know. There are lots of young boys begging who can cry to order, and we were told not to leave any items on the coach as they would not be there when you returned from your tour. Well that was true my husband lost his sweater.  You are entertained by the proverbial snake charmer and can also have the camel ride if you want. You get to go around a market which has lots of spices and local delicacies/goods etc. The cake stall had an array of lovely looking pastries but unfortunately they were invaded constantly by lots of flies. As I said to see how the people live was quite an experience and I am glad I did not miss it.

Kathy

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 1:39 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Hi Kathy,

Yea I new but thought it was more general, i.e. countryside. Any place or thing with in an hour or two's drive of the cosat stand out that you think worth a look.

Cheers,

Redsam

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 2:18 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi redsam, you are exactly right.  I suppose it is nice if you know where to go, maybe we should ask people on here to give us their experiences of places they have been to which may be of help to others also.  I once went on a jeep trip that took us through the countryside and the guide was really informative of the nature and flora and fauna and wildlife and told us really interesting tales (a meal was included)  we had some americans along with us on the trip and when they were told that some trees that were stripped of bark were called dumb dog trees roared with laughter at the explanation.  I think it depends on the person and what you are looking for something exciting and raucous or something quieter and more peaceful, in tune with nature so to speak.  Come on eos members give us your stories.

Kathy

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 2:23 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Redsam

It was a long time ago when I went to Tangiers, probably 10years, It must have improved since then unlike the wife!.

Places to visit within a couple of hours of Marbella, well not the campo but the citys of Granada and Sevilla are well worth a visit,nearer to home it always surprises me how many haven't been up to Mijas Pueblo or the towns of Coin and Ojen and the srounding whitewashed villages and then theres Ronda, beautiful there.

We also like to visit the Costa de Luz, go past Gib on to Tarifa and the up the coast road towards Cadiz.

S

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts
Bank Guarantee Success - Medina Elvira Suites - Thanks Maria and Team! - 4 posts
Can a Licence of First Occupation be revoked? - 0 posts
Flamenco Shoes for a Newborn? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x