Community Data Protection charge from administrator

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

On our accounts at our AGM this week we had a charge of 104 euros for data protection registration charge.

I queried this cost as i believed the administrator that holds all our resident data (names, addresses, bank details etc) should be the one that is registered and not our community.

if they are looking after 100 communities and charging them all 104 euros, its a nice little earner if its only them that needs to be registered.

Has any other community experienced this charge yet and does anyone know if its justified and correct?

Thanks for any assistance on this 

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
02 Jun 2010 9:45 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

This is an interesting point you've raised, and I wonder how many other admin companies are doing the same!

I've never seen this charge on our budgets for the properties we own, and I agree it should be the company who holds the details, and not the community, that pay any charges related to data protection.

However, an interesting point to note is that most community presidents either hold or have access to personal details of other owners and tenants, including bank account details. Therefore maybe the community should have to pay this fee.

On a further point, I'm not aware of any charge that any company has to pay with regards to data protection, however there is a fine if you breach the data protection act.

Hmmm!

Which is correct?

Hopefully Maria will see this and give us the answer.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
02 Jun 2010 10:45 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Hi There.

Yes this is correct, a new law has been passed any  company holding said material has to register it by law .

If your administator is holiding e-mail adresses etc the community has to pay.

I don know if the fee is a standard price through out Spain but here on the Blanca our one off fee was 69.00 euros.

Nitram

Like 0      
02 Jun 2010 10:59 AM by arranleesmith Star rating in Thalassa. 211 posts Send private message

arranleesmith´s avatar

Hi Techno,

The cost in the UK of a Data Protection License is only £35.00 having just received and paid for our new one.

There are several "companies" who try to scare you into allowing them to apply for the licence on "your behalf", but they charge a premium rate for this (last one soliciting for business wanted £150!)

The administrative companies that communities use MUST hold the license but would only need one to cover all aspects of their work. They should be responsible for paying for their own licence, the charge should not be passed on to the communities they work for as it is a prerequisite.

Regarding Presidents, I think it should be required that they have a license as this could be an opportunity for some less principled individuals to exploit the sensitive information which they currently have access to. As to who pays for this licence,  if a President intends to use the information for the purpose it was given, and this purpose only, then perhaps they should pay for the license as a sign of good faith? Maybe once the President no longer holds office, then the monies could be refunded?

I know that this will cause a ripple of shock-waves, but this is only an idea, what do others think?

Regards,

Lorraine Braid.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2010 1:48 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi Promedia,

I agree with you that the charge should be with the administrator and it should already be included in his fee, after all he is the one holding all the homeowners information so he is the one to be registered.  I cannot beleive that this fee would come to a total of over 100.000 euros and if so is it another ploy by the cash strapped authorities to extort money from us.  Regarding the president paying out of his own pocket, (can't remember who said this) as far as I am aware presidents do not get paid for the job they do so can't be expected to fork out for this fee.

Kathy

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 11:55 PM by paul slater Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

can any one tell me who is the administrater and give me there details for reserva de marbella manzana 3

Regards

Paul

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 12:05 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Our Community Administrators hold the necessary licence & are responsible for paying for it themselves.

There is absolutely no need for a President to pay anything as they do not have to have their own individual licence. As President of our Community, I have had to sign a declaration which is under the umbrella of the licence that the administrators hold.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts
Bank Guarantee Success - Medina Elvira Suites - Thanks Maria and Team! - 4 posts
Can a Licence of First Occupation be revoked? - 0 posts
Flamenco Shoes for a Newborn? - 6 posts
Day Trip to Tangier, Morocco - 7 posts
Technical query - is it possible to attach a sound file to a post? - 0 posts
guitarist and 2 backing singers needed - 0 posts
San Javier 2010 Jazz, Soul & Blues Festival - 15 posts
finca woking partner wanted - 0 posts
Advertising when selling - 2 posts
ADVICE NEEDED - Martinsa Fadesa - forced completion - 2 posts
painting tutors required - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x