Good news in Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2010 2:30 PM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Once again we have the same old drivel and inapropriate answers to threads, this thread is for good news and although I have tried to ignore these miscreants I have been driven to responding yet again.

There is some good news however the main culprit still resides in Northampton and not Spain for which we should all be thankfull.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 2:44 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

suemac I had thought of a new thread Good news in Spain-Part 2, and ask for only good news this time, but I suspect that would only open the flood gates once again for the nay sayers...........they are like wild animals, just lurking in the shadows, lying in wait on their prey!

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 2:57 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

once again for my part I enjoy the good news, please keep it coming.

it is all interesting including Techno's TV purchase, interesting and relevant to all who have and even those who aspire.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 3:03 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Norman has just sprung from the shadows!

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 3:17 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

good news i have just paid the last payment on my villa rental and am in the garden getting a base tan for when i come out next month.I can't wait

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 3:42 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Hi all

just like to say sorry if I appear to be highjacking a good news thread.  It certainly wasn't the intention, but I can see how it looks that way to some.  I'll get of here!!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 5:03 PM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Goodstich your PM speaks volumes about your attitude to fellow posters and insistance on polluting threads.

Quote (

once again you just talk rot! )

Your posts are the kiss of death to any thread as far as Im concerned which I will continue to ignore. Please dont PM me with any more of your purile rubbish.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 6:56 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Come on guys, let's be nice to each other!  The latest good news for those of us in Spain who were watching the England match - England have scraped through to the next round!  We are hoping that Spain are also successful in their game on Friday night, though we are going to watch flamenco so may miss some of it......

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 7:03 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

sue

yes, good news indeed for the English in Spain, though as usual when watching England play it was pretty harrowing at times!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 7:09 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

I thought you had left this thread talk about a bad penny

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 7:10 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Sorry, no time to reply as there is an amazing match at Wimbledon - on court 18, in the fifth set, it is currently 34-34!!!  I wonder who will be playing the eventual winner, who I guess will be pretty tired after his efforts!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 7:46 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

39-39 now!!!.  Federer's being tested as well tonight.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 9:04 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

It's 50-50 in the 5th set!  Incredible or increíble as they say here in España!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 11:35 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes the tennis has been good glad Andy Murray got through he seems to be our only hope.

Missed Federer today sounds like a good match, I tought he was going out on the first day.

Pat

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 11:05 AM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

Yes, if Murray wins it's good news for the Scots, but given the fact that he has stated that he always supports whoever is playing against England. I would have thought that most English people will be at best indifferent to his results, and will be following the England football team instead (win or lose) - logical really.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 12:58 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

well it seems that the money men like the UK budget and the £ is making gains, that may ease the burden somewhat and bring more good news for some ex-pats.

but who is Peteha?????

surely not "Just Dan" returned again?????

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 2:07 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

No Norman

i am one of your sillies who is living a quiet comfortable life here in Spain

who managed to buy a property with no problems and likes to keep the

unfortunates from invading any good news threads that appear.

i see you are all going on facebook and twitter now.Heaven help them.

TO THE GOOD NEWS

i enjoyed the San Juan festival last night attended by thousands of Spanish

and other nationalities not a sign of trouble just families enjoying themselves into

the early hours.

capped off by a magnificent 20 minute firework display.

someone told me it was sponsored by Aifos but i dont believe that do you?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 3:33 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Norman,

"Techno's "spin" is now "lies" as their senses degrade further."

You called me a liar once before and I turned a cheek, but not this time!

I asked you once before, and you never answered, so I will ask you again:

What is your problem?

Why do you insist on provoking myself and others?

And I would strongly advise that you publicly apologise for calling me a liar, as solicitors in the UK tend to take such statements very seriously!

Back on topic, good news in Spain is that since Wimbledon started, I have had a much quieter life and been able to get on with things... good thing the Mrs likes tennis!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 4:44 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Colin,

my judgement of you has only been from your posts since we have not yet met.

I accept and applaud your posts when I can but draw attention to any exaggeration noted which I have referred to as "spin" a current term for such things, as I understand it.

I am of course sensitive to "spin" since I consider I was very heavily deceived by the system where actual lying was involved, not just spin but an extension of it..

I ascribe no guilt to you for that in any way whatsoever.

I have certainly never knowingly accused you of lying at all.

Your exaggeration is on record and been commented on by me and others.

It was your post which attempted to describe spin as lies not mine.

there is of course room for misunderstanding when one is advising a course of action suitable for one person's circumstances and not another's, nevertheless keep advising from your personal position of strength, leaving us to decide whether it fits our circumstances or not.

if you can detail anything I have said which fits your description I shall be happy to reconsider since as long as anyone "tells it as it is" I have no wish to upset their ego in any way.

the forum is for information but that information must be good.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 6:28 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ! ! !

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 427

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x