Good news in Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2010 10:19 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

Well said Suemac - about not being rich but still having a nice time in Spain, our experiences are similar to yours. I think people like Camposol would have problems anywhere - you could could cross out Spain and replace it with the name of most other countries and someone would say the same negative stuff - often about the uk itself.

I meet lots of people who start off telling me about their negative experiences, in places where mine are mostly positive (I now try to avoid people like that in case they drag me down or just plain get on my nerves). As I said previously, sometimes you get out what you put in, and a smile, an open mind and willingness to meet people half way stands you in good stead in most situations.

Well done Spain, a team who play the right way. I'd love to be in our village bar for the next game but can't, they always put on special (free) tapas for these special occasions. Our parents are coming out for a week in July and are so looking forward to it, somehow they seem to get on like a house on fire with the locals even though they speak no Spanish - maybe it's because they came from the same humble background,

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 10:54 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Spain are through to the semi-finals of the World Cup (for the first time ever!)

But Spain were hopeless again.  They've got no chance against the Germans.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 11:03 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

"But Spain were hopeless again.  They've got no chance against the Germans.".

Well you may be right, but you never know - come on Spain !!!!

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 11:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Would be wonderful IF a certain one of you had to eat your words & Germany lost! 

Come on Spain, we're supporting you 

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 10:29 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

A huge WELL DONE to Rafael.  Though I wanted Murray to win wimbledon, I hear Rafael is an all round 'good guy', and he comes across that way in interview. Great to see the 'good guys' winning!

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 10:49 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

suemac,

oops! To much vino!

I think that the vino had got to my fingers and I did a typo...

Even after doing a quick google search to make sure I was spelling his name correctly! lol

Then the vino worked to my brain and I think I must have stepped into a time warp!?!?!!?

Oh well! Everyone must have realised how exited I was as it has been a fantastic weekend here in Spain, not only have we seen many celebrations for the sporting victories, but there was also a festival in Sabinillas over the weekend, and it appears that La Linea and Estepona are getting ready for feria semana!

PS. Rosie just sat behind the laptop, peered around the corner as if to say "how does this thing work then?" and then sat on my lap and pawed the keyboard. as I was typing!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 10:59 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

The right man won at Wimbledon!

I want Holland to win the world cup but the sooner the whole thing is over the better.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 11:10 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Tish

me too!.  I think most expect a Holland - Germany final.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 11:16 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Goodstitch,

In reality I agree, and it should prove to be a great game.

However I really do hope that Spain reach the final... you never know!

I mean, who would have thought that France and Italy would have been knocked out so early! And also many thought that Brazil and/or Argentina would reach the final.

Yes! Spain in the final would be good news in Spain.... in fact great news!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 11:27 AM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar

it would be great to be over in spain if they do get to final?

www.roda.250x.com   OUR APARTMENT

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 1:32 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

TechNoApe

if  Spain play like their indivuals can for their own teams, then who knows?.  It certainly would be good news for Spain as any counrtry going through a tough time. I'm only backing Holland as I'm not sick to the teeth of those who rule holland!

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 1:55 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Goodstitch,

Fair comment!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 2:23 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Why would anyone want Murray to win at Wimbledon?   First, he is still an unbearably arrogant  so and so (' I EXPECTED to win the Australian Open'   EXPECTED, not hoped - against the Fed!!!!!), and second, he does not have the game at the moment to win Wimbledon.  His best hope would be an American or Australian open on hard court.  And finally, can you image the press if he won Wimbledon??   Unbearable!!!   I am still wanting to complain to the Royal Bank of Scotland about an advert they ran two years ago when Murray got to the final of the US Open - it was a full page in the Times, and it said 'we congratulate our FUTURE grand slam winner'.  God, how disrespectful can it get?  And is that what they do with our money!!!!!

Brian

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 4:40 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.........because it would be the first British win in 74 years!!.  I reckon that's a good enough reason.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 5:06 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Would that be British if he wins and Scottish if he looses?

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 5:51 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Tennis is not, and never will be a national sport, except for the Davis Cup (for the men), where I would support GB.  Murray however, rarely plays for the team, which is why they are in the mess they are in now.   Tennis is a sport where you surely can support the person or player you like without reference to national fervour!!!   So, no, it makes no difference how long since whoever won.  

Brian

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 6:02 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Bri

well it does to many who attend and watch Wimbledon, hoping for a British win.  Each to their own, and all that.

redsam79

.....well of course

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 6:42 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Bri-Not sure if we where watching the same Wimbledon, seemed to me like a pretty partisan crowd, union flags being waved, face painted in national colours, loud cheers and whoops when Murray won a point as opposed to civilised clapping when his opponents won a point.

Surely not national fervour on Henman Hill??

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 7:09 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

I can only repeat, tennis is not, and is not likely to be, a national sport.  Anyone can support anyone, and those misguided soles who think Murray deserves to be supported just  because he  is British, are welcome to party away!!  I am all in favour of any excuse to party.  Unfortunately, the people with painted faces etc, don't seem to realise how much extra pressure they are putting on their man!! Leave that to the press, they do it really well!!

And yes, it must have been a different game you were watching, because at least 50% of the people who had actually payed for tickets (as opposed to painting their faces to party on the hill), were supporting Nadal, in the game that I saw.  And if you follow tennis, instead of just Wimbledon, you will know that Andy Murray does not have a huge following, even in England, and that he provokes as much animosity as support.  In the meantime, people who actually follow tennis, will continue to support the players they like.  And that includes me, speaking as a Nadal fan for the past 6 years.  

Brian

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 7:22 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Bri-Would that be two partisan crowds then?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 427

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x