Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

Would anyone happen to know if a Telafonica sim card will work in a O2 Apple i phone?, I would guess the answer is no but they are the same company now.

Thanks

Steve

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 9:47 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Will "unlocking" the phone not be the answer?  just a thought but not sure!

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 11:02 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Jim

I didn't think that you could unlock an i phone as up until last year they were exclusive to O2 and would only work on O2. I just thought that because Telefonica and O2 are the same company a Telefonica sim might work, I will have to check if you can unlock these phones.

Thanks

Steve

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 11:52 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

You can buy software to unlock the iPhone - although it can be a bit of a hassle.  It's probably changed now, but when I unlocked my old 3G (with software and a piggyback sim) the data services were not available and it wouldn't work on airplane mode (amongst other things!).  From what I can gather now, certain websites are saying that this is no longer a problem, but I wouldn't part with my money again without certain guarantees.

google 'unlock iphone' and see how many sites offer the unlock.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 12:17 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Jan

Thanks for the info, these seem to be ok http://www.unlockediphone.info/ but before I spend £30-00 I will wait and see if the Telefonica sim works.

Steve

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 12:34 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Steve, don't want to sound dim, but is your phone a UK locked iphone?  If it is locked to O2, I doubt very much whether any other sim will work in it other than the one that you contracted for.  I had a payg sim for a few years in Spain and when we relocated here I bought the iphone from Movistar and they took the number over from Orange.  As soon as this was effected, the sim card no longer worked in my Palm phone.

Not sure, but don't think you'll be able to use a Telefonica card without unlocking your phone.

PS  Try using any other sim card and see what happens.  Even though Telefonica may own O2 UK, it's still a different carrier to Telefonica/Movistar here.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 03/06/2010.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 2:27 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

PS  Try using any other sim card and see what happens.  Even though Telefonica may own O2 UK, it's still a different carrier to Telefonica/Movistar here.

Thanks Jan, good idea.

S

Like 0      
27 Jan 2014 5:39 AM by newscome Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Yes pitty,

Through the Google search,I found this ** EDITED - Against forum rules - Advertising ** They provided Remote iphone unlocking service. Recently i unlocked my iphone with a help of this service provider and i got free iphone unlock instructions from ** EDITED - Against forum rules - Advertising **

This message was last edited by newscome on 27/01/2014.

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 1/27/2014 9:02:00 AM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts
Bank Guarantee Success - Medina Elvira Suites - Thanks Maria and Team! - 4 posts
Can a Licence of First Occupation be revoked? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x