Just curious.....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jun 2010 4:19 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Aw Roberto.................sometimes it's not just a drift more of a TSUNAMI !!!!   

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 5:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

So .. when someone asks me 'Good AGM More?' I'll just answer 'yep'

(Back to my Facebook!)

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 7:40 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

OK, I'm going to spell it out real simple:

If the daytime temperature was 70° Farenheit and dropped to 5° Farenheit at night, everyone (except the odd polar explorer) would freeze to death (human blood freezes at about 31°F).

If the nightime was a chilly 5°Centigrade but shot up to 70° Centigrade in the daytime, well, even someone used to summers in Sevilla would certainly pass out long before this new record was set.

OK, maybe I'm being pedantic, but I believe the BBC should know better. It's very nice to quote high temperatures in Farenheit and low temperatures in Centigrade to exaggerate the extremes, but it is misleading and IMHO irresponsible, especially when we are constantly being reminded that we must only use metric weights and measures. Imagine if speed limits in some towns were displayed in Mp/h and in Kp/h in others? Mayhem.

So to set the record straight, the highs and lows should have been: max 70°F, min 41°F, or for the younger members: max 21°C, min 5°C.

There, I feel better now.

Good AGM, More?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 7:47 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Thanks, Roberto, but you used words of more than one syllable, so it may not be simple enough for everybody to understand! 

I think More has given up on us and no doubt is posting on facebook as we speak......!  I would like to ask her what language the AGM was in as all our neighbours here are Spanish, so the two meetings we have had to date have obviously been in Spanish.  Our understanding of the proceedings hasn't been helped by the fact that everybody speaks at the same time........!!!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 7:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sue, I'll answer you on FB

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 7:51 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Don't worry, you can be fairly certain that none of your Spanish neighbours had any more clue as to what was going on than you. But they would have enjoyed the noise & chaos more.

What's "Facebook"?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 8:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Believe it or not there's a Torrevieja community who films their AGMs, this is pt 1 of 5. They put it on Youtube! TRY & follow it, the Spanish owners are LOUD (shouting Viva Espana a lot of the time) & the meeting is BEDLAM. It is held in English.

Do watch it, it is almost comical if it wasn't serious! More like a film set.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 8:18 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Roberto

You may know a lot about temperatures, but you don't know what facebook is?!!!  Have you heard of twitter?  Bebo? LinkedIn? MySpace?

Actually, as these social networking sites are seriously addictive, you are probably better sticking to EOS (which is also very addictive!)

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 8:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sue, Roberto's taking the pi**

WATCH THE VIDEO! Something like your AGM??

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 8:43 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

More

I did rather suspect that !  I was hoping that he would offer to be one of my facebook friends.....!

Are you SURE that meeting was held in English?  I heard a lot more Spanish on the video!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 9:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sue, there was a woman standing up talking about electing the President & said that three were standing & she listed who they were with the comment that the 3rd one was a big debtor! Then MORE chaos. HOW anyone heard anyone is amazing & with people wandering around so much. Mind you, if there was a bar there I'd have felt the need to succombe to a few too!

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 3:50 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

More, I know of that Urb ( no, it's not ours! ) and you really wouldn't want to be involved with them.

It is total chaos, even now, several years after that U tube posting.

They argue ALL the time even with each other ( they English that is !!! )

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 5:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Karen, I know it's not yours, I would never have embarrassed you if it was by posting here, be assured of that.

I have OFTEN felt that a video record SHOULD be made (NOT UPLOADED TO YOUTUBE THOUGH, THAT IS SO UNACCEPTABLE IN MY OPINION) of OUR AGMs as the minutes rarely reflect what happens! Non residents who don't attend for whatever reason ... some are here at the time & just do NOT want to attend, some are just not here, I think also many CHOOSE not to book to be here when it's an AGM ... are not aware of much of what goes on. Last years was a total farce.  The President & admin were certainly NOT at the AGM most of our road were at!! DISGRACE!  

Our next AGM has been set for May 15th 2011 so I told my other half 'we'll go to Greek islands on May 12th! '

Understand me when I say we DO care for our community, much more than many non residents but often it's very hard to do much when non residents don't show up to vote & don't arrange a proxy either. Residents tend to rule!

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 5:45 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I DO know you care about your Community just as you know we care for ours!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
21 Jun 2013 10:57 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

OK, so silly season is upon us again - for some reason every summer a load of new posters appear on EOS (and a few old ones) who seem to be suffering some form of heatstroke or something. The range of ridiculous topics and ludicrous responses is amazing. So Ithought it was a good time to revive this old thread that I started a couple of years ago, where I posed the question "how long is a piece of Spanish string?" Unfortunately the thread drifted way off topic, but that's to be expected. So feel free to post absolutely anything here, string related or otherwise - just as long as it's utterly pointless and irrelevant to anything that EOS is meant to be about!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Jun 2013 11:19 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Oh, this is so spooky. I was just crusing t'interweb when up pops a post from Roberto regarding the "string" thread from a billion years ago. And what am I wearing on this balmy night in Lincolnshire ?

A String vest !!

How are you Roberto , your picture hasn't changed any from all those years ago, are you still taking that anti-ageing monkey gland treatment ?

We've just had a delicious bowl of roobarb (new interweb spelling), baked in the oven with lemon and ginger, topped with ice cream. Do the spanish do roobarb ?

Like 0      
21 Jun 2013 11:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Don't think so...but by a strange coincidence, I've had the Roobarb & Custard theme tune stuck in my head ever since Radcliffe & Maconie tried singing "Jeremy Vine" to the tune on Radio 6 a couple of weeks ago! Prize for anyone who can find a clip anywhere online...

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Jun 2013 1:22 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

New string reporting law for balls of string over 50,000mm length outside Spain. Form to be submitted by April 1st 2014.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2013 10:35 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

I've found a way 'round that law. I'm converting my string into jumpers and keeping them offshore in Jersey

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Schools in/around Manilva - 0 posts
Bank charges - 4 posts
i need to swap my rhd for lhd. - 1 posts
Greece seals rescue deal with EU and IMF - 2 posts
Bus trips to Gibraltar - 14 posts
does any one know were i can buy a jet ski from - 3 posts
amber pools - 6 posts
Pets - 10 posts
Hola from Madrid - 9 posts
buyer or seller to pay yearly IBI? - 1 posts
Sofa shop/warehouse - 3 posts
selling without an agent or solicitor - 2 posts
Appliances - 5 posts
Looking for Dave in Dolores in the orange grove - 3 posts
Happy May Day, what do YOU remember about your childhood days - 0 posts
Good restuarants in Mazarron and Puerto de Mazarron - 1 posts
Rebooking on Monarch (after the volcano) - 4 posts
Sony SET TV on TDT gone. - 8 posts
Deeds for properties on Camposol - 12 posts
Fridge with Small Separate Top Freezer - Aspes - 0 posts
OK, own up, who posts from work? :-)))))))))) - 19 posts
And we thought the spanish where Bad Drivers! - 3 posts
La Renta Tax - 0 posts
CHARO, Formentera del Segura - 13 posts
Friday Golf Society - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x