OK, own up, who posts from work? :-))))))))))

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm well aware many do post on forums from work. Naughty, naughty. No wonder the country is in a state.  

My friend regularly Skypes from his work. No, the business is not his to abuse either!

When my OH was working he had internet access during his lunch break only, it was restricted to his work other times, which, I think, is 100% correct.

I would have loved a job with a PC with unlimited access to my favourite groups & friends using Skype. When I worked computers had JUST been installed & I left before I was expected to use one.

Wonder who will own up.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 1:51 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I now work from home - writing articles and blogs on my PC - so does that count?!

When I did work in an office, although there was nothing to stop us using our PC for personal emails etc, I usually restricted this to lunchtimes.  Mind you, as our manager went for lunch at a different time to us, our lunch break used to be extended!

The advantage of working from home is that I can have a glass of wine beside me....

Sue

PS Only when I am working the evening shift though!

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 2:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'll let YOU off, Sue. AND you can drink that vino tinto anytime you email me, ok?

Of course I mean if someone is paying you to do a job FOR THEM & you are not!

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 6:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Why did I know this thread would be quiet? A few guilty consciences I guess!

Like 0      
01 May 2010 6:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

165 wanted to see who the 3 were, lol!

Like 0      
07 May 2010 11:44 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I do; it's a distraction from tedium. I have also been known to post a loaded question to analyse the response for an article I am working on. Relax; I used (abused) the Daily Mail's forums. Do I have to sit on the bad boy's step?

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
07 May 2010 11:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I MEANT who posts on forums, Skypes with family & friends etc when they are being paid to WORK!

My guess is MANY, seeing as no one is admitting they do.

Like 0      
10 May 2010 4:36 PM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

I post from work - but just like suemac... my business is my own, and I am home based.  Not safe for me to have vino next to me whilst working though! I save that for evenings... and then pray that they come earlier every day LOL

Elle xx

Like 0      
10 May 2010 5:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sorry Elle  You, Sue & I don't qualify ... but there ARE many who do & they're not telling! 

Can't  ALL be retired or out of work!  

Anyway it's after 5pm in Spain so come join Sue & I in a glass of red, Elle.

(Of COURSE it's NOT too early, Sue! Since when did you say 'no'  to a free vino?)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/05/2010.

Like 0      
10 May 2010 5:15 PM by stant Star rating in cardiff wales. 48 posts Send private message

ok sorry i do

Like 0      
10 May 2010 5:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

You just want our wine, tell the truth!

Like 0      
10 May 2010 5:24 PM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

The Canaries are on UK time morerosado (great username by the way!) - so it's only 4:20 here.... but I'll still come join you for a weasel glass of wine!  I'll stick to the white though - red does horrible things to my head... even in small quantities. I do like a cheeky rosado now and again though too.

Right - am at a suitable place to stop working for the day I think. So I shall have a quick mooch on Facebook... then feed and walk the beasties... and then settle down with the big fella for a night of suitably trashy telly and some decent food. Hurrah!

Have a good evening everyone!

Elle xx

Like 0      
10 May 2010 5:26 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I do  too ... I don't have internet access at home so I have to post from work .... I also use skype to ring my mother every day (sometimes twice!) .... but, I have a fantastic boss who doesn't actually mind us using the internet as long as we don't use it to look for jobs or gamble ....

Like 0      
10 May 2010 5:30 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I am fine with writing; I have little choice as I do so for a living. Sadly, even a glass of wine taken when working and I just can't seem to get it write   ...   there, see what I mean? Conversely, when I chill by composing poetry the wine actually helps to bring it all together so perfectly.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

Like 0      
10 May 2010 5:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Ok Buzylizzie you're exempt as you have a lovely boss who is aware of you using the internet & doesn't mind AND I much approve of you Skyping with your mum, I wish mine was still around so I could do the same but I lost her 16 years ago.

Guess you want a glass too, do you? Come on, why not.  I should open some white if I can find some, can't have red going to Elle's head now!

EDITED TO ADD: I have found some white ... but wow, quite a sizeable glass, Elle.

Mike can have a glass, one won't hurt you, Mike, you are your own boss. (And I did see you called me honey yesterday ).

Like 0      
10 May 2010 6:19 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Okay, honey!

It's true   ...   look at the time! The sun's dropped below the yard arm. Bottoms up, ladies; here's to health, wealth and 'appiness. Ya'll have a nice evening now that Monday is out of the way. Not that I know what day it is, usually.

Like 0      
10 May 2010 6:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
10 May 2010 9:31 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Thank you for inviting me to join you all in a glass of wine earlier, however on Monday evenings we help a friend´s daughter with English, so as I type I am still on my first glass of wine this evening (blanco for a change)!  We had to take Melissa home after her lesson, then walk our dog Lisa, and I take my child teaching and dog walking duties seriously!  Still, the night is young.......!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
12 May 2010 1:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
12 May 2010 3:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It KEEPS saying 'please enter text' but I HAVE! 

I just did a copy/paste job that I saved from the previous post which didn't want to post & didn't.

Posting today is VERY erratic!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

And we thought the spanish where Bad Drivers! - 3 posts
La Renta Tax - 0 posts
CHARO, Formentera del Segura - 13 posts
Friday Golf Society - 0 posts
Can a Presidente change a rule? - 21 posts
house restoration or hose building - 1 posts
Changes in our fees - 7 posts
Another property tax? - 0 posts
Good surfing beaches? - 3 posts
Another property tax? - 22 posts
School dinners - 2 posts
Childs Car Booster Seat Wanted - 1 posts
Investing in property in Spain - 2 posts
siann - 1 posts
I Need Transport Space From Spain to UK (end of May) - 4 posts
Malaga Airport lift needed to Duquesa for 6 people - 09/06/2010 - 0 posts
Restaurant Critic's Wanted!! - 15 posts
Land registry and notary fees - 5 posts
Costa Blanca Transfers Car Hire- anyone used them? - 9 posts
wi-fi extenders - 4 posts
HELP WANTED - 0 posts
ITV & INSCURANCE - 5 posts
Universal Hospitality - 0 posts
Family Fun Day in Calahonda, Saturday 15th May 11:00-20:00 - 0 posts
items for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x