Appliances

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 May 2010 12:00 AM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

I will be moving to Spain next year, to the Arboleas area. What I would like to know is, bringing my kitchen appliances, nearly new Samsung TV and my audio system, practical or not

thanks

Like 0      
01 May 2010 2:44 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

When we moved over from the UK, my thinking was not to bring anything with us, but to buy it all new in Spain...BIG mistake!!!

If I could do it again, I would have planned it better, bought everything in the UK and driven the whole lot over to Spain, couches, tables, chairs, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, even down to cutlery and crockery.

I had no idea that I could have filled my entire Spanish home at half the price. Ahh well, you live and learn!

Like 0      
01 May 2010 5:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Eva, I think I'm with you on that one! Decent furniture certainly is much cheaper in the UK. Our friends who actually live in the UK bought all brand new for their home HERE in the UK then transported their old stuff to Spain. (They rent out their home in Spain).

BTW Eva, your avatar freaks me out having had two viruses on two of our computers in four months that totally closed them down, we couldn't do a thing! We were using AVG free 8. Just loading Kapersky anti-virus protection on all three we own right now!

Like 0      
01 May 2010 7:17 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Your TV will be fine and would be fairly expensive to get a new one in Spain.  Whilst prices are coming down, the pound to euro exchange rate means they are still relatively more expensive than UK.  If you have built in digi tuner in your TV, it will work in Spain as well (you did say it was fairly new).

Would recommend anything you can bring with you to do so, including furniture.  Wood is, for some reason, very expensive in Spain so well made items, even coffee tables, dressers, dining tables etc will save you a great deal.  There are some good furniture stores in Spain but nothing like the big ones in UK which have offer after offer.  Kitchen appliances are also quite expensive, even frying pans and kettles.  So bringing stuff like toasters, coffee makers and the aforementioned pots and pans would be a good idea.  Larger items, fridge/freezers, washing machines etc. are comparable in Spain with quite a good choice.

We took virtually everything for the house from UK.  The cost of shipping would have been the cost of a decent living room suite in Spain so it is well worth it.  Even rugs and bedding.  Plus, take advantage of all the good offers in UK at the moment for outdoor furniture.  Even sunbeds in Spain are very overpriced.

Like 0      
01 May 2010 11:23 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

Moreosado, try the lastest version of Avast. I switched from AVG as I was getting software conflicts with the Orange 3G software.

Avast is free and an excellent product, top of the list of free AV.

Like 0      
01 May 2010 11:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

As I said, Eva, I've loaded Kapersky anti-virus protection on all three we own today!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for Dave in Dolores in the orange grove - 3 posts
Happy May Day, what do YOU remember about your childhood days - 0 posts
Good restuarants in Mazarron and Puerto de Mazarron - 1 posts
Rebooking on Monarch (after the volcano) - 4 posts
Sony SET TV on TDT gone. - 8 posts
Deeds for properties on Camposol - 12 posts
Fridge with Small Separate Top Freezer - Aspes - 0 posts
OK, own up, who posts from work? :-)))))))))) - 19 posts
And we thought the spanish where Bad Drivers! - 3 posts
La Renta Tax - 0 posts
CHARO, Formentera del Segura - 13 posts
Friday Golf Society - 0 posts
Can a Presidente change a rule? - 21 posts
house restoration or hose building - 1 posts
Changes in our fees - 7 posts
Another property tax? - 0 posts
Good surfing beaches? - 3 posts
Another property tax? - 22 posts
School dinners - 2 posts
Childs Car Booster Seat Wanted - 1 posts
Investing in property in Spain - 2 posts
siann - 1 posts
I Need Transport Space From Spain to UK (end of May) - 4 posts
Malaga Airport lift needed to Duquesa for 6 people - 09/06/2010 - 0 posts
Restaurant Critic's Wanted!! - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x