Rebooking on Monarch (after the volcano)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Our flights for 19th April (which we had booked last year) were cancelled, and we were told that we could keep the same price as the one that we paid if we re-booked and flew within 30days. 

The original tickets cost around £200 for two people.  We have just managed to re-book - and had to pay around £750 upfront for two people!!  Now we are in the process of trying to claim the difference back!! 

Means that the poor old card has taken a wallop!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
01 May 2010 9:39 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Just a PS to this!!

After a few e-mails, and a couple of long phone calls we've been told our refund is on it's way! 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
04 May 2010 11:07 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Yes, if you book on-line you have to pay again then claim your refund. The numbers they provided for overseas (Malaga and Gibraltar in particular) were useless.

I telephoned UK, the call took around 3 to 4 minutes (despite the warning about them being busy), and there was no difference in air fare to pay, and they simply changed the reservation - nothing more to pay whatsoever!

That's the way to do it!

Like 0      
04 May 2010 11:40 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Originally we tried to phone the number that they had given us to rebook - but held on for ages on several occasions.  Then reverted to the on-line method - where we got  our card hammered - and so ended up by having to make that phone call and holding on for ages.

All's well that ends well.  Hopefully.  I say HOPEFULLY since I see that the volcano is sending out more ash - and some Irish flights have been cancelled!!  Just hope that the wind doesn't blow the clouds in an easterly direction!  Don't want to go through that re-booking process again!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
04 May 2010 11:43 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you abbbb1 ..... my mother is due to fly from Manchester to Gib tomorrow (Wed), a flight that was cancelled due to the volcano a couple of weeks ago - I just hope she makes it this time (she's got lots of goodies in her case for me lol)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sony SET TV on TDT gone. - 8 posts
Deeds for properties on Camposol - 12 posts
Fridge with Small Separate Top Freezer - Aspes - 0 posts
OK, own up, who posts from work? :-)))))))))) - 19 posts
And we thought the spanish where Bad Drivers! - 3 posts
La Renta Tax - 0 posts
CHARO, Formentera del Segura - 13 posts
Friday Golf Society - 0 posts
Can a Presidente change a rule? - 21 posts
house restoration or hose building - 1 posts
Changes in our fees - 7 posts
Another property tax? - 0 posts
Good surfing beaches? - 3 posts
Another property tax? - 22 posts
School dinners - 2 posts
Childs Car Booster Seat Wanted - 1 posts
Investing in property in Spain - 2 posts
siann - 1 posts
I Need Transport Space From Spain to UK (end of May) - 4 posts
Malaga Airport lift needed to Duquesa for 6 people - 09/06/2010 - 0 posts
Restaurant Critic's Wanted!! - 15 posts
Land registry and notary fees - 5 posts
Costa Blanca Transfers Car Hire- anyone used them? - 9 posts
wi-fi extenders - 4 posts
HELP WANTED - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x