Sony SET TV on TDT gone.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Sony SET TV has been removed from TDT.

It has been replaced yb AXN.

AXN is a Pay TDT channel on TDT.

More here

http://satandpcguy.com/forum/sony-set-to-be-replaced-by-axn-t2136.html

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 3:48 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

So now we know...the real reason for the switch to Digital...

Remember the reasons given...

Better picture quality

Better Audio quality

More choice

Better utilisation of TV frequencies...

All total bullshit!

Just an excuse foisted on a gullible public by the TV programme producers and the manufacturers of TDT boxes.

All of those people who dashed out to buy TDT boxes when faced with Analog switch off were taken for a ride twice because most of the TDT boxes on the Spanish market are not Pay-TV capable, so as more and more of the channels go over to Pay-TV, customers will be forced to go in the same direction and buy another TDT box that is pay-TV capable.

Watch this space as they say...today Sony...tomorrow...who knows.

It wouldnt surprise me in the least to see at least some TVE stations move toward pay-tv to finance the now commercial-free nature of these stations...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
30 Apr 2010 4:27 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

And then you will also need a TDT HD reciever soon also, as C9 HD and TVE HD are already available in some areas...

although some HD TVs with builtin TDT tuners should be able to receive the TDT HD channels already -

(Note that HD TVs are different to HD Ready TVs)

and many of the flat screen TDT TVs have a card slot ready for the Pay TDT cards...(the PCMAI slots that will accept a card reader for the Pay TDT cards)

Pay TDT receivers have been available since August 2009...when GOL TV first launched.

As the old analogue frequencies have been release, these frequencies are being prepared for more TDT channels...TVE are launching TVE Cultura soon.

Better utilisation - you can get around 5 channel on one digital frequenci - yes only 1 channel on an analogue frequency...

The pictures ARE much better quality of digital - and there are more sound options available - some channels even have digital sound!

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
01 May 2010 1:21 PM by emsr2d2 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi. I only just joined the site and one of the first things I was going to ask was why I appeared to have lost Sony TV since yesterday morning! And now I know. Grrrrr. My landlady is responsible for the TV here and she only provided me with a TDT box 2 weeks ago, so for 2 weeks before that, I had nothing at all. I certainly won't be paying any extra for PayTV - it's expensive enough living here anyway!

So thanks for answering a question I hadn't even asked yet!

Like 0      
01 May 2010 5:41 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

WOW! I know i am good, but now have to add psychic abilities to the list!!!

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
17 May 2010 5:56 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Thanks for keeping me informed.  Really helpful for non-residents.  I've already packed some dvd sets for my next trip, looks like I'll have to pack some more.

I read your link, some of the programmes I've never heard of, I wonder if No Trace is Without a Trace?   

I was hoping that TDT would be more suitable for me as I don't want to subscribe to a TV system when I'm not in Spain full time.  When I am then I think I'll get Digital+ and get more channels.

Like 0      
17 May 2010 7:26 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

And on the 1st June 40 Latino will be replaced by MTV Espana.

MTV on TDT will be free.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
18 May 2010 1:28 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Semijubilada...

quote...I read your link, some of the programmes I've never heard of, I wonder if No Trace is Without a Trace? unquote....

If you are referring to 'Sin Rastro'....yes it is...Without a Trace...and it's one of the programmes available with an English soundtrack...

Films shown on TVE 1 and TVE2, Telecinco, the Ant.3 stations and Cuatro are normally available with an English soundtrack, as are most films on La Sexta. Fims on Canal Sur however although shown to be available in English rarely are.

For information on programming in your area try this link. When the home page is displayed select 'Canales TDT' a pop-up window will open asking for your postcode; enter it and click Enviar...a new page will open with programme details for your area. you can find details of the film or programme by then clicking on the title...a drop down then shows details...if even more info is required click on ver ficha...Obviously this is all in Spanish so a good translation site may be an idea, especially since the Spanish title of a film might not be the same as the original! 

Far better than any of the 'normal' advert heavy translation sites I recommend this site. Good, fast, free and problem free....

There is no need to subscribe to TDT programmes currently...of the 25-30 generally available only 2 are pay per view. all the others are free.

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 18/05/2010.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
18 May 2010 9:41 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Thankyou Foxbat for the information.  Unfortunately when I'm in Spain I don't have access to the internet but I'll do some research before I go to get an idea of what's on when.

Last trip I had to resort to writing a list of what I found at certain times of the day on each channels.

In my area sometimes the programmes wouldn't be transmitted in English even though they were american imports.  Or the language would change half way through.  Don't know if it's unique to our area or it it happens all over.

That's why I always take a good selection of DVD's over with me.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Deeds for properties on Camposol - 12 posts
Fridge with Small Separate Top Freezer - Aspes - 0 posts
OK, own up, who posts from work? :-)))))))))) - 19 posts
And we thought the spanish where Bad Drivers! - 3 posts
La Renta Tax - 0 posts
CHARO, Formentera del Segura - 13 posts
Friday Golf Society - 0 posts
Can a Presidente change a rule? - 21 posts
house restoration or hose building - 1 posts
Changes in our fees - 7 posts
Another property tax? - 0 posts
Good surfing beaches? - 3 posts
Another property tax? - 22 posts
School dinners - 2 posts
Childs Car Booster Seat Wanted - 1 posts
Investing in property in Spain - 2 posts
siann - 1 posts
I Need Transport Space From Spain to UK (end of May) - 4 posts
Malaga Airport lift needed to Duquesa for 6 people - 09/06/2010 - 0 posts
Restaurant Critic's Wanted!! - 15 posts
Land registry and notary fees - 5 posts
Costa Blanca Transfers Car Hire- anyone used them? - 9 posts
wi-fi extenders - 4 posts
HELP WANTED - 0 posts
ITV & INSCURANCE - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x