Mortgage Advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2007 6:10 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
They are also not that keen on you knowing the terms and conditions of the mortgage in advance (and more often than not in a language that you understand) not to mention any compulsory products such as their own in house life assurance and if this is CAM that I am sure will be a feature. They like the idea that the very first you will know about is in the ball of confusion that is the Notary's office with everyone else milling about and the stress and trauma of what is going on you heave a sigh and sign on the dotted line - not being entirely certain what you have signed for. All our clients receive prior notification of terms conditions and in the very unlikely event compulsory products.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 May 2007 6:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
2% for a mortgage to buy property here - not from the USA I suspect unless secured on US property or maybe Mexican. Unless of course the advance was in Japanese Yen perhaps?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
10 May 2007 10:24 PM by Seb141 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Smiley

From reading a bit , I think you are the expert on mortgages, see below how does it stack up?

I have a few more but this does not seem to be that much less expensive than UK?

Purchase price: 270.000.-€

- Mortgage amount: 240.000.-€ ( maximum 90% purchase deed and maximum 70% valuation, we will a need a valuation of 340.000.-€)
- Mortgage length: 30 years ,first 15 years interest only and the following 15 years repayment. Maximum age applicant 80 years old.
- Opening fee: 1%
- Early redemptions total or partially: 0%
- Interest rate applies: monthly euribor + 1,25%. Today monthly euribor is 3,86%, total interest rate applies at today rate: 5,11%.  Interest rate review monthly.

Based in the above conditions at today rates the monthly payments will be:

* During the interest only period at today rate 1.022.-€
* After the interest only period, during the repayment period, at today rate 1.911,69.-€ (in 15 years time).
All advise greatly appreciated
Seb

Like 0      
16 May 2007 2:45 PM by Neeraj Star rating in Wolverhampton. 19 posts Send private message

Neeraj´s avatar

Hi seb

Yes, I certainly agree that Smiley is the expert on mortgages.  We currently have just completed on our property through Smiley.

If I understand correctly you are searching for a mortgage.  Well through a bad experience(not knowing whether we were going to get a mortgage, pushed from pillar to post) we finally found the right mortgage broker which were Marbella Mortgages, through Eye on Spain.  Patrick also known as smiley on eye on spain, has been very helpful and efficient.  He is very honest and gives professional advice (I'm sure you'll have a lot of questions to ask!)  He managed to get us more capital than we needed which has helped us incredibly.  It truly is a first class high quality service and highly recommended and we are very positive that you will have no problem. 

Once again our Big Thanks go to Smiley for making this possible. 

Sunita and Neeraj

Like 0      
17 May 2007 11:21 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Aw shucks guys thank you for that. All in a days work I guess but it is a really great feeling to know that one is appreciated. I look forward to seeing you both when you are down in the summer and we can maybe have a drink or two.

Kind regards

Patrick

Like 0      
17 May 2007 4:30 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Smiley, as you can see people love you!  Where have you been?  We've missed you

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 May 2007 7:28 PM by Happypeople Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Yes Smiley (only just discovered he went under that name today!!!) is brilliant. Having first made contact with Marbella mortgages two years ago he's helped us every stage of the way with the  very drawn out and frustrating completion of our property which finally happened yesterday.

If you're needing to arrange a mortgage on the Costa del Sol look no further than Patrick!

Smiley, we'll definitely be buying you a drink.

S and F

Like 0      
18 May 2007 12:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi guys thanks for the "big up" and reiterate what I said to Neeraj - its really great to know you are appreciated - not sure whether I should mention you by name as you are incognito as Happy People (S&F) - but essentially glad to be of service to you - hope Naomi not acting for the other one as well!!!!

Give me a bell when youre down and we will have a beer or two

Rgds Pat

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 10:37 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Well I am looking for approx 120K euro mortgage, have options through solicitor,but its getting very confusing regarding charges,commissions,taxes,etc,etc,It just seems to go on and on,have no total repayment figures,just a monthly repayment.

Help would be appreciated. Thank you

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 8:22 PM by ellemum Star rating in Bolton Lancs / Costa.... 122 posts Send private message

I have just had a pleasant conversation with Smiley regarding a mortgage I require for our property purchase in Spain.

I commented that I had not seen as many posts from him as I would normally expect.

Just in case anyone else has missed his valued input to this forum, I would like to report that he is as busy as usual, but still as helpful, resourceful and cheeky as ever.!!!

He has lessened the concerns I had with just a few words.

Just to say - Thanks Patrick.

Cheers

Ellen

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 8:38 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Dont really know what concerns you or anyone else had but just in case there is any doubt I am alive and well and still (just about) kicking. A recent house move has meant the loss of ADSL which means that I am no longer able to post at 2 and 3 in the morning (I am not that sad that I am in the office at that time of night). That situation might be resolved in the fullness of time or perhaps it is time for me "to get a life" so maybe wont ever have ADSL at home again.

Thanks for the kind words ElleMum - its good to know someone cares and when I can during my (long) work day (its 9.40pm here) I will post if I get the chance. In the meantime I am always available by PM or simply the e mail address to give general or specific information.

Best wishes and again thanks for the kind words.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 3:42 PM by share Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We have our mortgage through CAM bank as well as the life insurance required.  Can anyone let me know if the insurance has to be taken out with CAM or can you go to another provider.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 6:35 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You can go to another provider.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 8:28 PM by share Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Do you know if this has to be with a Spanish company or can you get it through a UK company?  Do you have any suggestions of who I could get a price from?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 9:11 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

In theory you can go to another provider but many banks now stating "if you dont want our life cover you dont want our mortgage" - it is also a condition being written into the mortgage deed that it is a breach of mortgage conditions not to continue with it.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 9:27 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

no you dont need to take life insureance with the bank.i am currently working with a lender to get a fee free remortgage package through.if anyones interested pm me and ill try my best for you.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2009 9:28 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

There is no legal obligation of a life insurance ( just an insurance against fire is legally obligatory) and of course you can choose the insurance company you prefer... not necesarily the Bank´s one.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 25/06/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Parpapiro's - Duquesa - Costa del Sol - 4 posts
What do we do with unwanted furniture?? - 8 posts
news from my solicitor - 122 posts
Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts
School fees.......... - 22 posts
broadband and telephone (torrevieja to san pedro) - 1 posts
Elegance Dona Julia. - 38 posts
If i get one more bloody phone call !!! grrrr - 6 posts
Help please - 3 posts
San Remo, Almoradi - 12 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 57

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x