Help please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

My SKY+ failed on recording  the "Selling Houses Abroad" programme last night.

Anyone have any idea if it's repeated at all?

Did I miss anything good?

Ta

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 11:41 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Hi Laury,

One story was about a single woman with her two youngsters around 10 & 12 who'd gone to Spain to look at a home to live in permanently but she was expecting to be able to buy an apartment for around £39,000 cash ( I do remember that but please bear with me as I was dozing through the DVD recording I was watching last night.) She ended up taking out a mortgage & paying about £79,000 I think for a 4th floor apartment in La Marina village which was years old & without a lift ! She then decided she didn't want to live there so she bought another place (don't ask me where the money for that came from but it seems she was living on savings, can't remember if it mentioned she had found work) which she moved into & tried to sell her dated apartment for £87,000 but it had been on the market for absolutely ages & they ended up doing it up after showing her a really modern one a few doors down the road from her that was so wonderful, certainly compared with hers, with a communal rooftop terrace AND a lift ! At the end of the programme she still hadn't sold so was planning to rent it out.

There was a couple who'd bought in Northern Cyprus & their place was partially built but then .. nothing. Their developer had said he'd meet them & Andrew Winter but chickened out. Apparently in their contract was a clause saying if the development didn't materialise or words to that extent they could have their money back. They planned to speak with their lawyer to do that. They'd paid stage payments of around £35,000 (rings a bell) 

Janice

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 2:02 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Janice.

I'm a bit peeved with Sky at the moment because it has failed  twice in the last couple of days. They keep upgrading the box overnight and sending new problems through.

I would have liked to see the apartment one as La Marina is the nearest British dominated urb to our house.

Cheers

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 2:45 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Laury .. when I missed one recently I hunted to see if it was going to be repeated but couldn't find any info saying that it was. (If they repeat it later that night on same channel or a couple of days later on another one like E4 or E4 + 1 it usually says under the first one to bring it to your attention.)These are often repeated sometime down the road but hidden in the many Sat progs. Anyway, sorry you missed seeing it but hope I gave you a good idea of what happened.

Janice

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

San Remo, Almoradi - 12 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts
Bank Guarantee. - 4 posts
Consider this before buying in Spain - 28 posts
Aifos running out of money - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
Furniture packages: Value for money?? - 28 posts
STILL AWAITING HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts
DUMP FOR OFF TOPIC COMMENTS - 16 posts
MORE ARRESTS IN MARBELLA - 5 posts
Atlas international - 21 posts
help!! confused!! - 16 posts
any opinions on Formentera del Segura ? - 94 posts
Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x