San Remo, Almoradi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Just at the town square, this restaurant looks a little dusty from the outside with net curtains at the windows, but inside completely different, spotlesly clean and the meal we had was great.

Steaks with pepper sauces, stuffed peppers to start and their garlic bread is out of this world, so tasty!!

Steaks were about 10euros and you could have potatos or home made chips (and they WERE home made and delicious), don't know the starter prices as we were taken there on our inspection trip for a meal, but will definately be going back when my flat's ready.

As far as I can remember there were also a lot of other cheaper main courses, but definately value for money in my book.

Sharon and David.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 8:22 PM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar

Hi Sharon

Thanks for the info re San Remo, we have passed it a couple of times and thought it looks a bit shabby and have never ventured in but we will now thanks to your recommendation!

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 4:03 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi Gill,

Noticed you are in Almoradi, is your property ready yet or are you still waiting like us??

We're going out on the 13th May to 24th May to do our mid-term visit and have a bit of a holiday as well!!

Sharon and David

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 5:40 PM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar

Hi Sharon

We completed on or apartment May last year and have been out about 10 times since!! sometimes just for a long weekend(work & cheap flights permitting).

We are at Mirador de las Palmeras which is as you come into town from the AP7,it's great as it's far enough away from town to be quiet but near enough to be able to get to everywhere reasonably easily.

We love Almoradi and each time we go it just sort of grows on us! I'm sure you'll find the same once you've completed, how soon do you think that will be? we were about 9 months late!! but we got there in the end so don't be disheartened if it takes a little extra time.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 6:24 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Gill/Reg and Sharon/David And all the Almoradians out there, yes l agree Almoradi is a lovely little town,great town square to watch the world go by in he evening after a day out,( as you say easy to get everywhere) l to have passed San Remo l must give it a try have you got any more tips for places to eat/drink.as l have only been out 3 times, out again end June start July.l am also at Mirador de las Palmeras which l think is ideally placed.Gill is right Sharon hang on it will be worth it.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 9:23 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi Patpur and Gillreg,

Yes I have spoken to you before patpur as I have kept your e-mail you offered me your apt if I was everlooking for one, you also bought at Brisas del Mar??? I take it you are the same patpur??

Well, we looked to buy at the Mirador through Palmera Properties and were put off by their pushiness and also by their now stopped altogether work at Amarion 3 in Almoradi, I think the 2 of you have had a lucky escape.

Iam out next month 13th to 24th May staying at Luz de Almoradi 1 near the town square.

If anyone's going to be about let me know.

Sharon and David

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 9:59 PM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar
Our favourite place for food & drink is just on the main road near the square, Cerveceria Angel where they do great tapas, it's totally Spanish no English spoken at all so take your dictionary if your Spanish is poor!!

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 10:03 AM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Gill/Reg thanks l will give the Angel a try after all thats what  l want is to sample some real spanish food and ways, Sharon/David  yes we spoke before, the Brisas del mar is coming alongnicely (so far) we will miss you this trip, looking at some of the developments palmera are involved with,l think your right we are the lucky ones,l had a look at the Luz de almoradi development when l was there in march,l th ink they  had started phase 3 its right on the edge of the town on the other side of the square from us.There is a British shop on the corner before you get to Luz de almoradi which run trips to where ever you want to go,(mini bus carries 8,a trip to Benidorm is 80 euros return thats only 10 euros each,Guadamar,santa pola about 15 euros return just less thn 2 euros each etc saves you driving and the petrol money.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 4:01 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi Patpur, I think the shop doing the pick-ups/excursiona may be NICKEL???

I heard about them from someone on phase one and seemingly they do key-holding etc.  That seems certainly to be good prices for Guardamar e.g. for taking the kids to the beach or even venturing out of town for lunch - would hardly seem worthwhile hiring a car at all if there prices stay as good as that!

Sharon and David

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 7:15 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Sharon/david yes thats right. Nickel at them prices you could have a meal in Guardamar (after a day at the beach) JeansSis can recommend a few places there,arrange a time with the driver and he will pick you up after and take you back to Almoradi.and see the night off in the square.Regards Pat.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 7:23 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 2:10 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

yes l know what you mean you try other places when you are out in other areas,but l willgive the chinese a try,Regards pat.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2007 7:20 PM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar

Hi

Just back after a weeks holiday(&the agm), Had a meal at San Remo on Friday night.

The food & the atmosphere was great, 4 of us, all had starter & main course,bottle of wine and a couple of pints for the lads, 49 euros bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gill & Reg

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts
Bank Guarantee. - 4 posts
Consider this before buying in Spain - 28 posts
Aifos running out of money - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
Furniture packages: Value for money?? - 28 posts
STILL AWAITING HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts
DUMP FOR OFF TOPIC COMMENTS - 16 posts
MORE ARRESTS IN MARBELLA - 5 posts
Atlas international - 21 posts
help!! confused!! - 16 posts
any opinions on Formentera del Segura ? - 94 posts
Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts
Lake vinuela - 8 posts
telephone and boardband - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x