Mortgage Advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Beck Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I'm looking to buy a resale property but would need a mortgage.I've been told I can have  70% of the value of the property, Can the IVA be added to the price and be part  of the mortgage as well ?  .

Thanks

Beck

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 1:48 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar
Hi,  Smiley is the man to ask, send him a PM.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 6:36 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Beck, Smiley will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can if the bank valuation of the property is higher than the sales price.  If there's enough margin you could add the IVA in to get your 70% mortgage.   If the bank valuation were to be the same as the actual selling price then you couldn't do it.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 10:50 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
Not really a reply to anyone! but can you advise on possibility of a mortgage if you are working abroad outwith tax limits in UK and only have bank staements as proof? what proof do you need to buy a property in Spain?

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 11:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Blimey Moderator you are a regualr mortgage expert!! Clearly you remember what I was explaining when you interviewed me. If using a lender that bases the mortgage on value not purchase price is it possible to incorporate the IVA in to the mortgage as long as the mortgage does not exceed 80% of bank valuation.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 11:25 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Smiley, was hoping you would be the best man for the job!! ie. question I asked ha!ha! would love to add icons but not tech enough ? and I am old hee! hee!

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 11:31 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Maggie sorry I didnt reply to your question. Certain lenders will accept bank statements as corroboration as long as confirmation can be provided by an employer

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 1:04 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Smiley,

What happens with contract workers abroad? and numerous employers??

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 10:59 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Depends on exact circumstances Maggie - without more info impossible to be precise - if you wanna chat confidentially let me know via my e mail address in the signature. Definitely some products will be ruled out but not necessarily all. 

Like 0      
02 May 2007 6:20 PM by jenni07 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello,

I know a fantastic mortgage / financial advisor that works very quickly.

** EDITED ** Against forum terms of posting

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 5/2/2007.

Like 0      
02 May 2007 6:39 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
02 May 2007 10:29 PM by mags59 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley,

Did pm you with basic details last week as not for forums?

Like 0      
03 May 2007 2:31 AM by jenni07 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Sure..

He's based in Hull and works along side one of the biggest overseas property sellers.

He's an independent mortgage advisor.

Anyway, If YOU would like any more info on him you can pm me.

Like 0      
03 May 2007 5:08 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
So spends a lot of time dealing directly with the Risk Directors and Underwriters of the major Spanish and offshore mortgage lenders then who strangely enough are not based in Hull and has direct communication with the directors of the valuation companies as well?

Like 0      
03 May 2007 5:54 PM by jenni07 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Actualy you know what... email him with a situation and I guarantee he will get back to you promptly with a solution.

Find out for yourself before you make snotty remarks like that.

I got my mortgage from him and it was an excellent experience.

Please post back to let me know what advice he gives you!!!!

Like 0      
03 May 2007 6:40 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
PM me with his e mail address and I have the ideal problem for him to solve

Like 0      
03 May 2007 7:12 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Oh, stop arguing children!!

Anyway, Smiley, are you going to be anywhere near Alicante between 13th and 24th May???

If not, I will just give you a phone when I get home.

Atlas have slightly changed the terms of the mortgage in principle that they offered us, a bit better, but still a bit expensive overall I feel.

I have now my husband's end of year earnings figure and my civil service pension figure, but still awaiting something else coming through.

Too lengthy I know to go into here, but if you were going to be in the area we could have met, if not as I said I will phone you when we come home.

Sharon

Like 0      
03 May 2007 7:13 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
03 May 2007 7:22 PM by jenni07 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Obviously I have stepped on somebody's toes. Not sure exactly what I have done but its always a good idea to get a second opinion.

So Smiley if you would like to email me on  Jenni@overseaspropertybroker.com   I'd be glad to pass on any of your questions or you can contact him directley at  Kevin.mcadam@thinc.com

Lastly, Kevin has 20 years experience in this industry and is trusted by one of the biggest property agents in Spain.

Like 0      
03 May 2007 11:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
This is all getting a bit too heavy .  Now, where did I put those beers....

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Parpapiro's - Duquesa - Costa del Sol - 4 posts
What do we do with unwanted furniture?? - 8 posts
news from my solicitor - 122 posts
Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts
School fees.......... - 22 posts
broadband and telephone (torrevieja to san pedro) - 1 posts
Elegance Dona Julia. - 38 posts
If i get one more bloody phone call !!! grrrr - 6 posts
Help please - 3 posts
San Remo, Almoradi - 12 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 57

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x