Mar Menor Chitty Chat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Apr 2007 4:48 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All,

Has anyone been to any golf courses near to LA and San Javier, apart from polaris world Torre pacheco. Went to villa Martin on an inspection trip once and Los ramblas looks very nice, Would like to go to one that has a nice resaturant. Hacienda de Alamo also looks quite nice but haven't been, any views on any of them?

Gina

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 5:00 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:14 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thank you Janice,

Yes we've already been into all the web sites regarding the golf courses but my question was has anyone actually been to the ones mentioned and what are the views re the courses and restaurants. I really would like to know if anyone has been to Hacienda de Alamo as it does look very nice. Anyone been???

Gina

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:31 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Not been there Gina but will try to find out if any friends have been.  You're very welcome to come to the golf course in Balsicas where my off-plan is still awaiting completion  - since my deposit in 2004 . Golf course beginning to take shape but I believe you'll have to wait until about 2011 for the hotel and restaurant to be finished - guess you'll have died of starvation by then too!!.  My son's partner's parents live at Villa Martin and use the golf club regularly, they like it very much.  Another friend was recently captain of a club near San Pedro del Pinatar.  He and his wife say the social life is good and the food even better.  I'll ask him where it is cos I never found it!!

If the pasty shack wins I'll meet Annie at the crack of dawn and form a queue !  Hope you're right about the weather.  Friends in pilar say today is lovely - let's hope it stays that way. 

Great to talk to you.

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:35 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Las Ramblas is rather hilly with lots of ditches (gulches?) in between.  Be prepared to take a lot of balls with you as you tend to lose rather a lot (they roll into the gulches and its impossible to get them out).  Green fees are about €45 which compares favourably with the €65 charged at Villamartin.

However, the Real Club Campoamor is stunning.  The clubhouse and restaurtant is great and is a nice, not overly, challenging course.  I think the green fees there were about €50 (a friend of mine took me around a few years ago and paid the fees) and, although the restaurant is quite expensive, it is well worth it.

If you look at some of the sites on the internet, you can get discounts by booking with them but only about 2 to 3 euros. 

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:55 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Bob & Jane,

I wish I could remember the name of the club we went to for lunch on our first inspection trip with they who must not be named for legal reasons (just kidding there by the way). Think it was villa martin, but can't be sure as we were whipped round from Alicante to Murcia in 4 days so became a blur. But was a fabulous restaurant at the club so would like to go again. Still have to go and investigate when we go over. That's a bit of a difference in price Bob, good to have the info, thanks. Jane that would be good to find out about san Pedro as that is closer for us. Thanks mate.

Gina

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 11:59 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 9:47 AM by petersue Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Gina,

I have played Hacienda de Alamo and it was ok, lots of barren areas off the fairways so like playing off hard desert (I know you should'nt be off the fairways!).  Try Roda golf course it is fab and very enjoyable to play, its very near LA , they have a temporary club house at the moment but its very good and the food and drink is excellent - if you are a good golfer try La Finca, its long but excellent too.  Villamartin is ok but there are much better courses out there. 

Sue

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 10:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Sue,

The nearest I've got to golf is playing baseball. Hence the interest in the 19th  LOL.  We have friends in roda so while we send the boys out to play we'll shop and meet them for lunch afterwards, I think that will be enough excercise for me.

Thank you all for the info. Keep it coming please. It's good to hear the different opinions on the courses themselves.

Are you in that area yourself Sue?

Regards Gina

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 10:57 PM by shirley graham Star rating in San Cayetano. 96 posts Send private message

Hi All,

im looking to rent an apartment hopefully near Los Alczares beach to sleep 4 with 2 bathrooms for 1 week  in June, 1 week , in August then 1 week in September anyone who knows of a nice apartment can you please PM myself,

thanks Shirley

Like 0      
01 May 2007 9:39 AM by petersue Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Gina,

The guys will enjoy playing Roda and you can sit in the bar/restaurant area and overlook the 18th green and watch all the players try to hit the green from the fairway over water!  Good fun and you won't believe the number of balls that end up in the water.  Free entertainment!

We currently have a house in the La Mata area of Torreveija which we have had for six years but have purchased a house on the golf course at Roda which should be completed at the end of the year.  We are both golfers so we are looking forward to living on a golf course and the area around LA is lovely.

Sue

Like 0      
01 May 2007 8:57 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Sue

We'll be your next door neighbours - we have a town house on Senorio De Roda. Is there a restaurant open on Roda Golf now then? Sounds like great fun to watch our beloveds slogging up the 18th as we are sipping our G&T's . Thought we'd have to wait until the hotel was built.

Like 0      
01 May 2007 11:40 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Sue & Annie

Roda it is then for a game. As for the one I mentioned before but wasn't sure where it was, only thing for it I'll have to contact the inspection trip company who took us there to find out where it is. It's driving me mad now.   I think Janice could be right it might be campamor as she went with the same inspection company as us one time. I'll keep you posted.

Gina

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 5/1/2007.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 5/1/2007.

Like 0      
03 May 2007 2:09 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
03 May 2007 8:46 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
That video was great Janice - have never seen so many people on the beach though!! Good grief .

Like 0      
04 May 2007 3:32 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Just looked at the bbc weather site & it seems to be warming up nicely - anyone know if this is actually correct? Don't have much faith in long term forcasts. Am I safe in packing my bikini in 3 weeks?  

Has anyone tried the riding stables in LA? Daughter loves riding but in the past have trekked up to the one near Los Belones (mind you very good Bodega up there )

Like 0      
04 May 2007 3:45 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I think if you're not going out for another 3 weeks then you should be ok.  To be honest, here where we are on the Costa del Sol it rained yesterday, it feels a little chilly and tomorrow I think it will rain again .  We were in the pool last weekend.  It's very odd weather for this time of year but I'm sure next week will be much better.  Fingers crossed.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 May 2007 9:16 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Keeping everything crossed Justin - life won't be worth living with my teenage daughter otherwise

This message was last edited by Annie21 on 5/4/2007.

Like 0      
05 May 2007 7:41 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Flying out today - yippee - no more work for a week.   Forecast looks better than it did last week so hope we'll get nice weather.  Rained all week at Easter.   Suppose I'd better pack or I'll miss the plane!!

Jane

Like 0      
05 May 2007 8:10 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Jane, I don't think you need to pack your umbrella, it should be hot next week.

Have a great holiday.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can I just say I found these in other boards to do with restaurants. - 9 posts
Comic Relief - 1 posts
Happy St Patrick's Day - 10 posts
smart investor services - 1 posts
ERRING ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION WITH MY ERM PODCAST - 5 posts
SPANISH INLAND PROPERTIES (GALERA) ANY OTHERS HAD PROBLEMS? - 0 posts
How much time do we have? - 6 posts
NEED MORE BANDWIDTH! - 9 posts
Ultra latest activity reports and pictures from Monte San Juan - Terreros - 0 posts
Another newbie here...... - 12 posts
Euro's and Spain - 15 posts
diasters buying property abroad - 8 posts
Taking Cash into Spain - 8 posts
Vehicle change of address - 3 posts
For Lars Wichmann .. your Viking avatar - 2 posts
Exhibition Frolicks - 42 posts
El Gusto,La Cala village,CDS. - 1 posts
furnishing new built spanish property - 17 posts
Square metres - real or imagined? - 30 posts
car breakdown insurance - 6 posts
Welcome home Janice - 23 posts
Employees! - 35 posts
To become a resident or not - 11 posts
healthcare in spain - 1 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 378

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x