moving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by bigalf Star rating in salisbury. 4 posts Send private message

Hello peeps,

I'm planning on moving to Murcia, early next year.I'm just trying to work out how much living cash I'll need until my business takes off.

Can anybody help. I'd like to know general cost of living plus all the other bits like national insurance,medical,any hidden taxes like poll tax or anything,etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Alfie

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 5:21 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Probably more than you anticipate - social security here is 240€ per month - there is community charge (poll tax I think you call it) if you own your own property - if you are renting not salient - if you own the property there are community fees - then there are the normal living expenses such as eating and drinking - you dont say what your business is but if you need things like opneing licences etc they are all added expense - really too vague a question to answer in depth but it will probably be more than you anticipate.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 6:40 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Check out this previous thread on cost of living in Spain.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPosts.aspx?thread=20&dev=FB25&name=Cost of living in Spain

Smiley lives like a king, so don't take too much notice of what he says! My main advice would be, don't start living a totally different lifestyle from usual, just because you're in Spain. Try to avoid the trap of spending every night in restaurants and bars - that's for holidays, not real life. I think you will find your overall cost of living satisfyingly lower than in UK.

Welcome to EOS, and all the best with your move.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 1:06 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Roberto well you know that I live like a Queen - not a King - I am insulted now - going to go and sulk in a corner sucking my thumb! The point I was trying to make was exactly the one you made - in my experience which is not eating out every night and going to all the best places (I am a menu del dia man ordinarily) it can be easy to spend more than one anticipates - I think the cost of living has gone up here quite dramatically since inception of the Euro. Agree that one can live here on less money but a lot depends on what big Alf is going to be doing about establishing a business etc - business start ups here can cost more than UK with opening licences and legal costs etc. - agree or no?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 5:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No idea re: comparison costs of setting up businesses - never done it inUK (at least, not legally!) But basically, as usual my dear, we agree. I think alas, perhaps we are just too alike to be compatible, but we can still be friends?

I have been following a hilarious thread in A.N.Other forum (some insignificant website dedicated only to some region in the south of Spain beginning with A) about cost of living. It got extremely heated, because some dimwit who lives in the campo insists that they can live comfortably (2 adults, 8 cats, 4 dogs, 2 cars etc) on €500 a month. Naturally others disagreed, at which the original poster became offended, and defended their right to survive by going to local bars and ordering 1 euro beers in order to get a free tapas, rather than cooking a meal at home! BTW, same place I found the one-legged semastress thing!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

London Members Meet - 3 posts
land boundary - 1 posts
Shipping FROM Spain - 0 posts
To use a solicitor/gestoria or not!!!!! - 24 posts
healthcare in spain. - 1 posts
BUYING A NAVE (AGRICULTURAL BUILDING) - 3 posts
Parcels delivery - 3 posts
Just back from spain - current progress - 3 posts
Agent - 2 posts
english films/cinema - 1 posts
My New Home - 9 posts
Agents - 1 posts
sports thread uk football - 2 posts
Has anyone else completed here ? - 5 posts
Estate Agents in spain? - 2 posts
Update on Phase 4 - 22nd october. - 2 posts
ISA's and Spanish Tax - 3 posts
Zurgena, Costa Almeria - 1 posts
Is there anyone out there who is living in the Altea region,north of Alicante - 0 posts
My area. Enjoy! - 1 posts
Mariadecastro´s legal advise in London - 14 posts
paint - 31 posts
self storage at Gata de Gorges - 0 posts
Garden Furniture and Gas Barbecue in Mojacar area - 3 posts
This Thread Has Lost It's Thread - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x