Taking Cash into Spain

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by cjw Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Does anyone know how much cash you would be allowed to take from the UK into Spain?

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 6:16 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi cjw,

Don't know that answer, but if you look at customs web site they may have a section on that.

If not e-mail them.........

Personally, I wouldn't carry cash under any circumstances, too scary if I lose it!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 6:19 PM by michael52 Star rating in Bushey, Hertfordshir.... 308 posts Send private message

michael52´s avatar
In theory you can take as much as you want, but be prepared to answer Customs questions in accordance with the UK and EU Money laundering regulations

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 11:15 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
CUSTOMS OFFICIALS CAN IN THEORY STOP YOU WHEN LEAVING THE COUNTRY AND DEMAND YOU PROVE WHERE THE CASH HAS COME FROM - I HAD A RUN IN WITH A THREE RINGER AT STANSTED THREE YEARS AGO IMMEDIATELY PRE BOARDING AND BECAUSE IT WAS A UNIFORM AND HE WAS ASKING SILLY QUESTIONS SUCH AS WHAT WAS MY DESTINATION (IT WAS A FLIGHT TO MALAGA FOR GODS SAKE) - I ENDED UP GETTING A BIT SHIRTY AND TELLING HIM HOW TO EASILY IDENTIFY MY SUITCASE IN THE HOLD AS I HAD SEVERAL BARS OF GOLD BULLION IN THERE NOT TO MENTION SEVERAL MILLION EUROS - THANKFULLY HE DIDNT TAKE IT FURTHER AND I GOT AWAY WITH IT (ANY HM CUSTOMS READING THIS I AM ONLY JOKING - AND I WAS A PILLOCK BUT IT WAS LATE THE FLIGHT WAS 2 HOURS LATE LEAVING AND I WAS MORE THAN A LITTLE IRRITABLE - THE FACT THAT I WAS A BLOKE ON MY OWN I AM SURE HAD A BEARING AS THE COUPLES AND FAMILIES SEEMED TO GO THROUGH UNSCATHED (ACTUALLY IS THAT BLOKISM - ANOTHER FORM OF DISCRIMINATION)

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 1:23 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all, if we do take cash to Spain, can we put , £10000. in Sterling into our Spanish account? Or do we have to put it in in Euros?

Thanks for any help on this

John and Trish

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 1:50 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 2:41 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Oh, thanks Janice that was so funny! Mind you you have given me an idea!  Wonder if " sorry, I am with child" might help me carry some of my things over, stuff extra clothes down my skirt to get through customs ha ha. Having a struggle trying to keep the weight right in my case, as I was hoping to take some clothes to leave there. Now I have ended up with "weigh" too much. Have to start again and just pack as though am going on holiday and leave just holiday essentials at the house! Had to take sheets and towels as there are none at property and we arrive too late to shop!!

You have a very good memory Janice remembering all that! Yes hope to meet up one time, I am sure we will all be out there at some point together. We can have a big Costa Blanca party!!

I know, I know very last minute to think of that aren't we? Silly Billies! If we had thought we should have rang our bank in Playa Flamenca and asked them!!! What are we like.

Thanks again for your reply Janice, we will, I am sure find time to have a few drinks and a chill out in the sun. Hope its sunny out there at the minute??!!

LOL  John and Trish x

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 2:59 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 3:08 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Ok thanks Janice, will try to give them a ring first thing Monday, if I am not still jumping up and down on my case to get it shut!!!

Speak soon x

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vehicle change of address - 3 posts
For Lars Wichmann .. your Viking avatar - 2 posts
Exhibition Frolicks - 42 posts
El Gusto,La Cala village,CDS. - 1 posts
furnishing new built spanish property - 17 posts
Square metres - real or imagined? - 30 posts
car breakdown insurance - 6 posts
Welcome home Janice - 23 posts
Employees! - 35 posts
To become a resident or not - 11 posts
healthcare in spain - 1 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts
London Members Meet - 3 posts
land boundary - 1 posts
Shipping FROM Spain - 0 posts
To use a solicitor/gestoria or not!!!!! - 24 posts
healthcare in spain. - 1 posts
BUYING A NAVE (AGRICULTURAL BUILDING) - 3 posts
Parcels delivery - 3 posts
Just back from spain - current progress - 3 posts
Agent - 2 posts
english films/cinema - 1 posts
My New Home - 9 posts
Agents - 1 posts
sports thread uk football - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x