Mar Menor Chitty Chat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2007 8:32 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
conrad, that's a good rate you got there.  Shows it pays to shop around (that's what the wife tells me anyway).

Best of luck with your completion....how exciting!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 May 2007 10:22 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Thanks justin the good thing with 4xcc.com is that when you have an account with them you can go to a page that allows you to go to the live rates as they are happening and when you want to buy you hit the submit button and the deal is done you then get a ticket with all the info required to transfer the money.

When you first log in with your username and password you must input the details of your account in spain where the money is going so every time you deal you don't have to repeat the details of the account in spain.

Like 0      
16 May 2007 4:10 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar

Another rainy day in MK!!! Can't wait for next Saturday and to feel some sunshine! I probably won't want to leave the apartment now that we will actually be sleeping in our own place and setting it all up!  Hope all have a safe trip out. Conrad - do you fly from Luton?? We're on the evening flight, so get into St Javier about 9.30pm.

Like 0      
16 May 2007 4:10 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar

Another rainy day in MK!!! Can't wait for next Saturday and to feel some sunshine! I probably won't want to leave the apartment now that we will actually be sleeping in our own place and setting it all up!  Hope all have a safe trip out. Conrad - do you fly from Luton?? We're on the evening flight, so get into St Javier about 9.30pm.

Like 0      
16 May 2007 4:13 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar

OOOPS!!!!! Hit the post reply button twice - SORRY!

Like 0      
16 May 2007 4:31 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Kath no we usually fly from Birmingham as it is easier to get there from mk on the train usually apart from the day sarah flys out on the 28th as there are track works so she is going by coach from mk costing £10.20 single she will get in about 1800 hrs on monday

Like 0      
17 May 2007 8:37 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Gina, still here but been working away from home for a bit - just great - laptop crashed and waiting repair - mobile died and waiting for replacement!! 

I will be going back soon, but not soon enough, and still can't get a reply from the hot tub man who has promised faithfully to send me the user instructions by email.  After 6 months I still have a huge wooden box with steps to get into an empty hole - very tempting!!  Promise I'll have a tub party if I ever get it working!!

Good luck to all moving in and hope you have great times.

Jxx

Jane

Like 0      
17 May 2007 9:09 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi guys, I think this thread has been throwing up an error when you post to it.  It should be fixed now, sorry about that!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 May 2007 10:59 AM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar

For more information on this year's Jazz Festival in San Javier:

http://jazz.sanjavier.es/

Enjoy!

Diane

Like 0      
17 May 2007 5:41 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Diane

Thank you for the contact for the jazz festival. I was so excited to see Paul Anka was playing, unfortunately 4 days before we get there. There are however some excellent performers we hope to get to see.

Good to talk to a Sheffielder!! We are only over the border  (Yorkshire border!!)& I did live & teach in Sheffield until recently. My sister is buying at San Cayetano. What a small world we live in.

Eileen

This message was last edited by eilben on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 May 2007 11:16 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jane,

Thought you'd been quiet. Met a couple today in Cardiff that have a place around the corner from the beach near you. they are going over soon and have invited us down for a drink. It's a small world. You did the hot tub then?  . Been really busy myself in work with the pre hips so can't wait to get over for a rest.

Like 0      
19 May 2007 10:20 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Diane - thanks for the link, I can open the link but the page is blank - i'm sure this pc is cursed !!  I want to see George Benson and Paul Anka, but my friend in Spain has just told me that those dates are the end of July and I'm out at the beginning!  Perhaps Tiny will give me a £10 flight for a quick weekend - yeah right!!

Gina - great contacts - come and have a hot tub drink - if the guy ever lets me know how to use the b***** thing!  My friend has just e mailed asking to borrow my bike (cycle) to see if she can ride it as she wants to buy one.  I've been laughing so much cos I can't even ride it properly myself.  We've got lovely cycle tracks all around us and it's very flat, but if she knew the number of time I've fallen off!!   Can't wait to hear how she gets on, but at least it's sunny there so if she falls off it won't be in a puddle!

Cheers

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
19 May 2007 10:38 AM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar

Hi, Jane

I've just tried the link and it works OK for me.  Try refreshing your screen by clicking the 'Refresh' button (green arrows on my browser) or the f5 button. 

Paul Anka is on on 6 July at 9.30pm (€24), so maybe you could get to see him.  George Benson is not on until 24 July (€30), so your friend is right on that one.

To reserve or purchase tickets or season passes for the festival contact the festival offices at the following numbers:
• +34 968 19 15 88
• +34 968 19 15 68
or you may write to the following email address: festivales@sanjavier.es

Diane

Like 0      
19 May 2007 11:05 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Thanks Diane - tried all the refresher stuff but nothing but blank page.  Your help is great - I can book now !  Many thanks.

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
19 May 2007 8:53 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Diane,

Great link for festival. Thanks. We too will miss it, never mind always next year. Been reading up on Cartegena fiestas in September, sounds very interesting and we will be over then so going to get down there. Have you already completed on your place then? Have made a lot of good friends on the forum and you never know might come back next time and remember the names of restaurants we've been to. (Have to take a note book with me in future)

Looking forward to next week, it's glorious over there at the moment, hope it lasts

Like 0      
19 May 2007 11:54 PM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

Is the airshow on at san Javier this year?  We saw part of it last year

Like 0      
20 May 2007 12:15 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Milli,

Not sure, we caught it last year too. It was in May half term then. Will try and find out.

Gina

Like 0      
20 May 2007 9:23 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Milli - I might be wrong but I think I read in the CBN that they're planning the next airshow for 2009 ??  and basing it on last year as it was so successful. Where are you based - if it's near Mar Menor, sometimes you can be lucky and catch the blue arrows practising above you.  I know it's not the same as the show, but still fun to watch. I will see what I can find out as a friend of a friend....yawn yawn .......was the captain of the display team but I believe he's now been posted to Madrid.  I'll ask anyway.

Jane

Like 0      
20 May 2007 9:26 AM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

Hi Milli

I've also read that the next one is 2009

Mike

Like 0      
20 May 2007 5:32 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Milli - just had reply - last year's was a big event as it was a special anniversary ( not sure what of but never mind).  it was so good they are planning another - not sure of when but as Mike says probably 2009.  Hope that helps.

Jane

Jane

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can I just say I found these in other boards to do with restaurants. - 9 posts
Comic Relief - 1 posts
Happy St Patrick's Day - 10 posts
smart investor services - 1 posts
ERRING ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION WITH MY ERM PODCAST - 5 posts
SPANISH INLAND PROPERTIES (GALERA) ANY OTHERS HAD PROBLEMS? - 0 posts
How much time do we have? - 6 posts
NEED MORE BANDWIDTH! - 9 posts
Ultra latest activity reports and pictures from Monte San Juan - Terreros - 0 posts
Another newbie here...... - 12 posts
Euro's and Spain - 15 posts
diasters buying property abroad - 8 posts
Taking Cash into Spain - 8 posts
Vehicle change of address - 3 posts
For Lars Wichmann .. your Viking avatar - 2 posts
Exhibition Frolicks - 42 posts
El Gusto,La Cala village,CDS. - 1 posts
furnishing new built spanish property - 17 posts
Square metres - real or imagined? - 30 posts
car breakdown insurance - 6 posts
Welcome home Janice - 23 posts
Employees! - 35 posts
To become a resident or not - 11 posts
healthcare in spain - 1 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 378

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x