Mar Menor Chitty Chat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2007 1:14 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jesus, Gina, I thought we weren't going to post our photos on the forum !

The "boys" will be coming over all of a quiver. Get the iced agua out. Cool 'em off. (Good fun, innit ??)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/2/2007.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 1:51 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 11:16 AM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Gosh, I'm glad I wasn't around to spoil the picture, gave up trying to squeeze into the bikini last summer!!! Having problems with the swimsuit now!!

Thanks for the directions Annie.

Its raining again!! We missed the floods, but all around us is devestation. Meadowhall shopping centre opens for the first time today since last Monday but only half the stores are open. Stores have lost millions; M & S had to destroy all its food stocks because of power failures & flooding. Stores can't even sell any of the ruined stock because of contamination. The steel works on the lower Don Valley have managed to restart furnaces but have lost millions in ruined equipment & production. Its heartbreaking to see some people's homes still flooded. Lets pray for some fine weather.

Gina, we did the ferry to the Mar Menor, great restaurant at the end of the beach. (Make sure you choose the full service side, the fish was great) There is a Spanish restaurant on the main front in Santiago de la Ribera to the left (looking towards the sea), we didn't eat there because the girls couldn't find anything they liked (fussy kids) but the place a couple of doors down did very nice pastas & the ice-cream shop is on the next block for afters!!

We go a week tomorrow getting more excited now.

Eileen

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 11:51 AM by MikeB Star rating in Norwich. 40 posts Send private message

Hi folks, just stumbled on this thread, moved out to Santiago De La Ribera 3 months ago, lovely place if you fancy a chat and want to compare notes restaurants etc feel free.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 11:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Mike,  That's great news that you are in Santiago, you can give us the low down on the best places to go in the area as we are only just finding our way around. Been to the Big House, my favourite

Hi Eileen

Hope you had a great time, will be in touch very soon.         

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 8:55 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi everyone

Does anyone know anything about the buses in LA - specifically is it possible / easy to catch a bus from LA to Torrevieja water park? Any idea where I can get details from? Have been googling but just got more confused .

Also - have been trying to sort out the law in Spain for kids in cars. I know they can't go in the front until aged 12 but are there any laws re child / booster seats like the UK? ie, height / age restrictions?

Thank you!!

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 11:13 PM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar

Hi, Annie

I have an 8 year old and I read somewhere that children up to (and including) 140cm in height should use a booster seat in Spain.  This is slightly taller than the height in UK of 135cm.  I think it was on a car hire website I read it, but I can't remember.

Diane

Like 0      
05 Jul 2007 2:08 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

Annie21 give this a try I think you may need to pick up the bus at San Javier or san pedro del pinatar. the bus company is Latbus. Once on the website click on planos de lineas, click on the drop down box, highlight route 46 Cieza - Torrevieja 

Click here

Or give the water park a ring I am sure they could give you correct info

http://www.torreviejainformation.com/torrevieja-water-park/

http://www.torreviejainformation.com/bus-details/

I hope this is of some help to you

Dave

This message was last edited by davey on 7/5/2007.

This message was last edited by davey on 7/5/2007.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2007 8:19 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Dave & Diane

Thanks for the info.

Diane have just been looking through some of the car hire websites, but can only find mention of booster seats for 2 - 5 year olds. No mention of height restrictions. Will google some more. We have a couple of 'smaller' visitors this summer (3 year old will need a booster) but am presuming the 9 year old is OK without. My youngest is 12 so not very informed re child seats.

Dave - thanks very much for the links - very good info  - cheers!!

Like 0      
05 Jul 2007 10:56 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thank you davey for the bus info. I have e mailed it to my Mum & Dad who will be spending a lot of time in Spain. They prefer not to have a car so very helpful. 

Hi Annie,

You want to take the bus for what reason? I know why but I've told you before ....................................

Like 0      
06 Jul 2007 12:45 AM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar

Hi Annie

I've done a bit more research on the car seats for children question.  The Spanish Transport department has a leaflet (in Spanish) at http://www.dgt.es/educacionvial/recursos/Folleto_Seguridad_ninios.pdf

Basically, it says that legally, for children aged 3-12 or under 150cm, a system of restraint appropriate to the child's height and weight must ALWAYS be used in the front seats.  In the back seats, an appropriate system of restraint must be used, or the adult seatbelt.  This is the driver's responsibility.

Clear as mud then!

Diane

Like 0      
06 Jul 2007 1:43 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Annie, look at http://www.uk.tourspain.es/GettingAround/motoring.htm

Scroll down to

CHILDREN

Children under twelve may not travel in the front seats unless fitted with a regulation restrain system.  In the rear seat, children over 3 but under 150cms in height are required to use an approved safety system appropriate for their size and weight. If this is not available, they must use the mandatory adult safety device fitted. Children under 3, travelling in the rear seat, will use a validated safety system appropriate to their size and weight.

________________________________________________________________________________________

"regulation restrain system" ? Are you any wiser though ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/6/2007.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2007 8:50 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Thanks for your help everyone  - I just knew it wouldn't be simple!! Have reached the conclusion that if we bring the 3 year olds booster from the UK & keep all kids in the back seats we should be OK. Feels a bit like wading through treacle trying to comply with spanish law!!

Needing to take the bus has nothing to do with alcohol Gina (for a change!) - it's simply that 4 adults, 1 teenager & 3 kids do not fit into a Ford Focus . I don't mind doing short trips twice but Torre water park would be easier on the bus!

Like 0      
06 Jul 2007 10:07 AM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar

Annie 21

If you could get the bus to Murcia, I know there are frequent buses from the city to the new water park there. This is on the site of the new wildlife parc so would be a good day out. Also, there are frequent trains to Murcia but I think the nearest station is Balsicas or further down the coast from LA.

Website:  www.terranatura.com and there is a link on the opening page to the Murcia park (near Ikea)

The aqua parc in Torrevieja is behind the Carrefour so you would have to get a bus from central Torrevieja out there (or a quick taxi ride)

Jo

Like 0      
06 Jul 2007 3:39 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Jo

Thanks I hadn't thought of that - will look into it. Clicked on the link & found a map of the animal & water park - is it me or does the water park look small?? Maybe it's the map that makes it look that way - anyone know?

Like 0      
07 Jul 2007 12:28 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Annie & Jo (love the pingu avatar)

I think i remember someone saying that there is a bus route that goes along the N322 road, I will try and find out. Would be easier if we went on the bus. 

Like 0      
07 Jul 2007 12:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

As my mum used to say you'll wait an hour for one bus then two come along together !

Like 0      
07 Jul 2007 12:41 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Morewhiskey

That is spoooooooooooooky we must have been doing that at the same time??

Like 0      
07 Jul 2007 2:17 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Nutters!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Like 0      
07 Jul 2007 2:25 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Yes but look whose driving the bus!!!!!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can I just say I found these in other boards to do with restaurants. - 9 posts
Comic Relief - 1 posts
Happy St Patrick's Day - 10 posts
smart investor services - 1 posts
ERRING ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION WITH MY ERM PODCAST - 5 posts
SPANISH INLAND PROPERTIES (GALERA) ANY OTHERS HAD PROBLEMS? - 0 posts
How much time do we have? - 6 posts
NEED MORE BANDWIDTH! - 9 posts
Ultra latest activity reports and pictures from Monte San Juan - Terreros - 0 posts
Another newbie here...... - 12 posts
Euro's and Spain - 15 posts
diasters buying property abroad - 8 posts
Taking Cash into Spain - 8 posts
Vehicle change of address - 3 posts
For Lars Wichmann .. your Viking avatar - 2 posts
Exhibition Frolicks - 42 posts
El Gusto,La Cala village,CDS. - 1 posts
furnishing new built spanish property - 17 posts
Square metres - real or imagined? - 30 posts
car breakdown insurance - 6 posts
Welcome home Janice - 23 posts
Employees! - 35 posts
To become a resident or not - 11 posts
healthcare in spain - 1 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 378

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x