Mar Menor Chitty Chat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2007 9:37 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jane,

Can't say it's good to be back, but back to reality I guess.   Glad to hear you got your tickets for the jazz festival, sounds like it will be great. Can't wait to get back over. Got to wait until August now  . We've found some great restaurants and there are new places sprouting up all the time. Hubbly even got a game of golf in. Get that hot tub bubbling and I will bring the bubbly  

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 4:50 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi everyone

Has anyone had any trouble with taxis in LA? We ordered 2 from the restaurant but they never turned up. Fortunately Gina sorted a lift out back to Santiago (chap from Albatross who took them back for a fee ) but we ended up walking home. Not a bad walk back to Roda but in my shoes .................

Is there always taxis on the taxi rank if we go down there? & what time do they all go home? Other than that anyone know of a reliable chap & his phone number?

Thanks!!

P.S. have heard from other people that they have a habit of not turning up but first time we've come across it.

This message was last edited by Annie21 on 6/8/2007.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 5:07 PM by alexmac Star rating in wolves. 35 posts Send private message

hi annie,we had same problem in LA,we sat at taxi rank for 40 mins, seen three donkeys but no taxis!in the end we went into a nearby hotel and got them to phone one for us,took another 30 mins but we did get one eventually.it does make me realise how much a car is needed.good luck to you.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 5:28 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi alexmac

What time of (presuming) night was that then? We always hire a car but usually end up arguing about who's driving  . At least we have the option of walking back if all else fails (the path under the motorway back to Roda is a bit scary without a torch though!).

This message was last edited by Annie21 on 6/8/2007.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 6:38 PM by alexmac Star rating in wolves. 35 posts Send private message

hi again Annie,it was actually early evening about 7ish i think,we had been there for the day,we were staying in la ribera while sorting some bits out before we sign,we buying a place in san cayetano,not far from roda i dont think,sounds like you pair get same problem as us,we both want to have a beer or a vino so we dont want to drive,such is life eh!! 

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 8:32 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Absolutely alexmac - Gina & I normally get the driving role, but sometimes just want to let our hair down  (well, probably more than 'sometimes' truth be known!!) but - we are on holiday - so it's allowed .

Not sure where San Cayetano is but it sounds familiar - how far are you off completing? Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.

Getting a donkey back to Santiago would have been an experience - not to mention a long trip

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 9:21 PM by alexmac Star rating in wolves. 35 posts Send private message

Annie21,im delighted to say ive got to go to spain on24th june till 28th ,i got to sign everything then.hopefully it will allgo as planned because Chris [the wife] and myself have booked flights to spend our holidays there july and august and she has invited everyman and his dog to stay with us,it doesnt seem to matter we havnt got a light bulb in never mind furniture.it should be fun.by the way  you dont get no smiley faces cos im u/s onthis damn machine,anyway enjoy yourselves .

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 1:24 AM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar
Don't know if you've tried this number Taxi Service 968 575 277

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 8:57 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Thanks for the number Patman - I haven't tried ringing any numbers - just usually leave it up to the restaurant to get one for me. Hate to ask but do they speak english? I can work out how to order a taxi in spanish but when anyone replies I get lost as to what they are saying  - must practice more!!

Great news Alexmac - exciting summer for you then  - least if you've got loads of people stopping they can help lugging the furniture around - no free holidays!! Good luck with everything. I'm out july & aug too - looking forward to a long hot summer with visits from family & friends. Tend to get very popular at this time of year!!

If you want to use the smilies look at the tool bar at the top when posting a reply - middle row 4th from the end - just click on that. I tend to overuse

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 10:49 AM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar
They might answer in Spanish but if you ask do they speak English? "¿Usted habla inglés?" then you will be ok

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 12:51 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All

Thanks for the info. Will keep that number for taxi handy patman. Also had another idea, if we were all to meet up at some time, could always take turns on different nights to be designated driver as we are all quite near. That's only a last resort mind you and if the donkeys are on strike  .

Hope the completion goes well alexmac, you must be sooo excited. I've also heard of San Cayetona and if I remember rightly it is just a little inland between Santiago and LA?  Would be great for us all to have a night out, we had so much fun last time. How come you lot are over for 2 months, I know Annie is a WAG  but I can only get 2 weeks leave in August, what's that all about??? LOL.   We have made a lot of good friends since we bought (only completed in Jan) and can't wait to get back over again. Annie, looks like you'll have to get on to pasty shack and order extra supplies mate

Gina

Like 0      
09 Jun 2007 3:17 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

WAG Gina?? It's a hard life ..................... !!!

Thanks for that Patman - unfortunately I know that phrase quite well  - am better translating written spanish, think it's the accent that throws me. But then with all the accents we have in the UK don't know how the spanish do so well with us. When Gina & I start (Welsh & Yorkshire) it's a right combo!!

Like 0      
10 Jun 2007 3:35 PM by alexmac Star rating in wolves. 35 posts Send private message

Hi Gina,the wife who is Chris is a school secretary so she is on holiday more than at work,great life eh.i am like you i will only have just over 2 weeks out there,then i will come home Chris mates over with her for a week then when they come home the daughter goes out for a week,like i say tough life for these school people!We are allways willing to meet up for drinks and enjoy the social life,the more people and WAGS we get to know the better.it makes life good.now im going for a rest in the garden,had a hard day at the test match[cricket]yesterday.hope we all meet up.good luck.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2007 8:50 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Arghhhh - I'm not a person alexmac??? just a wag?? - nobody told me!!!  LOL

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 12:13 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Steady on mate,

It's ok for you, we have to get the donkeys and you've got the private limo.  .

Now go and tell Becks to put kettle on  LOL.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 8:34 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Keep telling you Gina - the world of a wag is tough

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 9:28 PM by alexmac Star rating in wolves. 35 posts Send private message

Hi annie21,i reckon you are a real person o.k.  theres a good personality coming through,[i still cant get them smiley faces but you got one].

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 11:48 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Alexmac,

Will be a good laugh to meet up. We always have a good time. We'll get the taxis sussed by the time we get there next time  

Gina

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 8:36 AM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Ahhhh - thank you alexmac  - you,ve made my day now!! (Can get in trouble sometimes with my warped sense of humour  - mind u it's why Gina & I get on so well - she's barking!)

Roll on summer -  looks like it could be a really good one with all the meets.

Off to do the waggy thing (shopping again!)

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 10:12 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

I don't bark but my howl at the moon is pretty good........

Jane

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can I just say I found these in other boards to do with restaurants. - 9 posts
Comic Relief - 1 posts
Happy St Patrick's Day - 10 posts
smart investor services - 1 posts
ERRING ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION WITH MY ERM PODCAST - 5 posts
SPANISH INLAND PROPERTIES (GALERA) ANY OTHERS HAD PROBLEMS? - 0 posts
How much time do we have? - 6 posts
NEED MORE BANDWIDTH! - 9 posts
Ultra latest activity reports and pictures from Monte San Juan - Terreros - 0 posts
Another newbie here...... - 12 posts
Euro's and Spain - 15 posts
diasters buying property abroad - 8 posts
Taking Cash into Spain - 8 posts
Vehicle change of address - 3 posts
For Lars Wichmann .. your Viking avatar - 2 posts
Exhibition Frolicks - 42 posts
El Gusto,La Cala village,CDS. - 1 posts
furnishing new built spanish property - 17 posts
Square metres - real or imagined? - 30 posts
car breakdown insurance - 6 posts
Welcome home Janice - 23 posts
Employees! - 35 posts
To become a resident or not - 11 posts
healthcare in spain - 1 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 378

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x