diasters buying property abroad

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by dotcs06 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

i am currently wanting to look into property buying in spain and was wondering if anyone could leave me a message if theyve had any problems in buying propertys so i could contact them

yours dorothy.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 5:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Blimey Dot, this whole forum is based on people's problems when buying in Spain. Just read any thread other than Happy Spain Experiences!

You may need to be more specific as to what you want to know, if you want any answers here.

Welcome to EyeOnSpain. Browse around the site, you've come to the best place.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 5:21 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Hi Dorothy,

I echo Roberto in that most of us have had bad experiences with buying, some have had the rug pulled out from under them. Just trawl through post after post & you'll learn lots, you'll just need oodles of patience. 

Janice

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 1:40 PM by Snugglepuss Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hey Dotty

Like anyway things can happpen and go pear shapped finding out from other people what difficulties they have had will only make you sceptical and couild stop you buying a great property here in Spain find a good agent but most of all follow your instincts and ask them lots of questions!!

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 2:52 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Hi Dorothy (sorry ,I wrote Dotty first time around),

I agree with Jeansis & Roberto. Read the forums, do LOTS & LOTS of research, get a trusted independant Lawyer (that's the really difficult part) and tread carefully. Happy hunting.!

This message was last edited by Tish on 3/15/2007.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 12:12 PM by mikey4 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Not quite a disaster, but could of been.  Went over on an inspection trip, and visited GRAN MIRADOR "golf and country club" where site work was just under way. 180000 euros for a 2 bed 2 bath apmt comunal pool gardens etc etc,  but decided against it.  There is no golf course and consequently no hotel, golf club, etc etc. amazingly many agents are still advertising the development as golf and country club!!! i am still looking 3 years down the line and have now decided on a re-sale.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 12:57 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar
Dont Buy from Iberian International who are agents with AIB and Procumasa they are a nightmare to deal with you have to chase them and all they do is nothing . I have bought as Las Kalendas for more detailds of my problems their read Las Kalendas thread

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 12:59 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar
Do not buy fro,m Procumasa Sl they do not listen to agents or customer, Iberian International do nothing just take your money, they are responsible for lack of communication etc then walk away from problems For mor details see my thread on Las Kalendas

Like 0      
17 Mar 2007 2:11 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all we bought off plan 4 years ago and still not finished hopefully will get the keys later this year but who knows we made all the classic mistakes using thier solicitor etc.We have just bought another property resale as far as we are concernrd it was a much better option as you know exactly what your getting for your money and can actually see n feel it which makes a big difference.There seems to be very good deals to be done over there at the moment too 10-15% off asking price on most of the properties we viewed , even with resale tho you have to have a good solicitor thats the key still funny business going on if your legal guy not on the ball.Ours was and made sure everything was relatively painless we complete in the next couple of weeks and going over at Easter for 2 weeks for the fist time in our new home.

Regards John & trish

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Taking Cash into Spain - 8 posts
Vehicle change of address - 3 posts
For Lars Wichmann .. your Viking avatar - 2 posts
Exhibition Frolicks - 42 posts
El Gusto,La Cala village,CDS. - 1 posts
furnishing new built spanish property - 17 posts
Square metres - real or imagined? - 30 posts
car breakdown insurance - 6 posts
Welcome home Janice - 23 posts
Employees! - 35 posts
To become a resident or not - 11 posts
healthcare in spain - 1 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts
London Members Meet - 3 posts
land boundary - 1 posts
Shipping FROM Spain - 0 posts
To use a solicitor/gestoria or not!!!!! - 24 posts
healthcare in spain. - 1 posts
BUYING A NAVE (AGRICULTURAL BUILDING) - 3 posts
Parcels delivery - 3 posts
Just back from spain - current progress - 3 posts
Agent - 2 posts
english films/cinema - 1 posts
My New Home - 9 posts
Agents - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x