future owner

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by animula Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

hi, I'm Natalia .Just choosing a place to live on Costa del Sol. Waiting for  YOUR opinions: whether is it better Mihas o Benalmadena....Or may be some other place

Like 0      
25 Apr 2009 5:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Natalia

Where would YOU prefer to be is the answer, surely ?

What age group are you ? 

Are you married, with young chidren who require schooling ?

Will you need to work ?

Will you buy ?  

Will you rent ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/25/2009.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 12:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Natalia, I've just received your PM which is amazing, seeing as you've just posted once. PMs are usually not activated till new members have posted 10 times.

I've encouraged you to post on the thread what you told me about your position.

Hope to see further posts very soon.

Kind of you to say what you did about me. Yes I help many on the forum but many never say thanks as you did, very much appreciated.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 4:35 PM by Mr SpainHouseBuyer Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Mr SpainHouseBuyer´s avatar

Hi,

Some say that Marbella is perfect for......living.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 6:25 PM by animula Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

(Morerosado ! sorry for not placing my answer in the right place.I'm not yet used t the "local "rules ! :)

I'have seen that you live (also) in COsta Blanca.May be you 'll tell me about the places you prefer there, I mean- for living, taking in consideration my "preferences"= I do not have to work there, I do not have children of school-age and I'm going to buy and live there all yar round... Why did you choose namely Costa Blanca and not  COsta del Sol,e.g. ?

Thanks a lot

Natalia

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 6:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Natalia, we wanted a detached house & that was unaffordable on the CDS. We attended many property exhibitions near us here in the UK & all were selling on the Costa Blanca.

You didn't post in the wrong place by sending me a PM but, if you are to hear other members views, you do need to post on the forum.

You really need to go on holiday to some areas & see if you like the area. No one can say where you will settle. Each area is special to each person.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 8:16 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Natalia

Have a look at Almeria between Aguilas and Mojacar, quieter than CDS and Costa Blanca

Prices for everything is cheaper, best weather in Southern Spain and for what you pay for an apartment in CDS you can get a villa

Some good distressed sales just now-eg 2 bed duplex with large solarium in a very nice small complex...was bought for 185.000 € but owners now need 130.000 € to repay the mortgage and selling costs...worth a look if only to compare

Other examples include a 3 bed Quad in Mercia area was 185.000 € and builder has reduced asking price to 140.00 € to sell

So besides the price of property, if you pay a vsit you will find that everythjng compares very favourably with CDS

You can fiind and ex pat location or a Spanish environment location...lots to see!

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 4/26/2009.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 10:14 AM by animula Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks to Rowlandsbb for the proposal "to have a look "at Almeria.But I think we'll stop our searches at Costa Blanca (having compared the prices in CDS and CBlanca- in favour of CB) By the way who could explane to me : why tha prices in CB are MUCH lower than iin CDS ???

Morerosado,(I know, I know that you are NOT in CDS)and how is your Guardamar ? Why did you choose namely Guardamar, and not Denia, and not Calpe

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 10:56 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Supply and demand.....more people world wide want to have a home in CDS than any other part of the Costas

And CDS has developed a fashionable chic......Marbella is the Nice/ Cannes of Spain.....home of the international jet set and ordinary people like to be associated with this and why not

But whilst CDS has all the shops and facilities it is very busy..and for some the roads are a nightmare! 

That does not mean that there are not some very expensiive villas in CB.....we have some for sale well over a £1m...but in CDS they can go up to circa £15m and above

I have been going to the CDS for circa 35 years and in a way Costa Blanc South / Mercia is now a bit like CDS was then.....so in due course facilities will get better in CB and catch up with CDS  

For  many in UK ,London is the place to be...and fashionable and expensive.......but for others  it is not for them!

Quality of life away from the fast life is many peoples option......and of course there are quiet areas around CDS

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 11:41 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Natalia

Areas further north of us at Guardamar (Javea & Denia for example) have beautiful properties in beautiful scenery (very hilly & picturesque) but expensive. That is why we aren't there ! We are a 5 minute drive from Guardamar.

At Guardamar, which is a lovely Spanish town right on the Mediterranean, we have a lot going on around us & with quick access to inland areas. For instance if you chose Benimar (Benijofar's a small town & Benimar, a short walk a few minutes away, is the residential area there) you have shops & restaurants at Benimar, plus the town. Coupled with that you can walk easily into the large town of Rojales & there's another smaller town of Formentera, again within walking distance.All these are around a 15 minutes drive to the beautiful Guardamar beach, with its long promenade & cafes on that & the town of course.

Between Benijofar/Rojales/ Formentera & Guardamar you have a massive area called Quesada where there are all nationalities. There are many shops & restaurants in Quesada itself and then there are pockets of communities in Dona Pepa 1 & 2 with their own commercials.

Heading south from Guardamar you have many communities at places like La Mata, a few minutes drive, before reaching Torrevieja, a massive town on the coast, with many communities around it. (20 mins drive)

You need to take holidays in some areas as I've suggested, not choose from what we've all said. I know friends who've had definite ideas on what they initially thought they wanted then they've bought in another area.

Do you speak Spanish ?  You told me you are not 'English speaking' in your PM to me.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/27/2009.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 12:18 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Natalia - I can only endorse what More said, there is a lot of variety in the southern Costa Blanca and the prices here are still falling so there are many bargains. 

You will find lots of rental properties so why not come and have a look - it is really impossible to make a decision based on internet research, although that will give you a good idea of the range of properties and the prices.

Happy hunting!

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 12:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I said to Natalia that she should copy her PM to me to the thread as it would help others to help her but unfortunately she didn't (so I will copy the relevant part as it tells us more of what she needs)

-we are going to buy some two-roomed flat (or chalet or town house or duplex, not in a multi-storied building,preferrably the atico or the last floor

-I do not have children of shool age

-I do not have to work

- me and my husband are of pre-pension age

The sacramental question I make to myself is : why the property in COsta Blanca is much cheaper then that of Costa del sol ?I mean of the same parametres:number of bedrooms, number of facilities etc.

Up to now I seem to be attracted by Mihas but I have never been to Spain and do not know the particulars of the place ( I like it for not being far from the airport, blue flag beaches,rather "populated" place but at the same time as far as I understand rather small town.

unfortunately we do not have the possibility " first rent then decide" we should buy,that's all...

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 1:04 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Thanks More - that helps explain Natalia's needs a bit more although price is the one thing that she has missed out!

Natalia - I'm not sure why you can't rent while you decide - however I have some lovely properties on Playa Golf that are available for rent until they are sold, so that is maybe something you could consider.  If you liked it you would not have to move!

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 6:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Maybe buying is crucial to obtain residency? Just a guess.

I have to admit to being more than a little curious, and probably not alone in wondering - why Spain, if you have never even visited before? You may hate it!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 2:50 PM by Mr SpainHouseBuyer Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Natalia,

I would suggest to obtain TOURIST visa and visit the place first. Take a week in Spain and you'll get much more information of potential place. Otherwise you'll probably will be disappointed of purchased property.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 3:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I would suggest to obtain TOURIST visa

Why does Natalia need one of these ?

Like 0      
08 May 2009 5:58 PM by Mr SpainHouseBuyer Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Because she lives in Russia. Which means she will need a visa to come to Spain. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jet 2 Flights 99p Leeds Bradford to Murcia - 2 posts
Long-term-parking in Alicante or ?? - 5 posts
FURNITURE SCAM - 0 posts
Electrical Tarrifs. - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellation. Looking for alternatives please. - 4 posts
I this how I do it? Does my post look good in this? - 4 posts
A BIG THANK YOU ! To Sharon Wyndham and Smiley. - 5 posts
Information on Financial advisors in Spain - 1 posts
Driving updates and local Info - 1 posts
Free Information?? - 1 posts
Non Resident Tax Returns - 46 posts
A week in Almoradi - any must see's or do's in the surrounding area? - 6 posts
British women are the fattest in Europe - 4 posts
Cot Wanted - 0 posts
Have a look at this, just click on the airport & check flights, ingenious. - 0 posts
murica airport help please - 3 posts
Our AGM is June 1st: How do I go about 'suggesting' we have a new President ? - 8 posts
MUSTANG GT FOR SALE - 0 posts
Murcia Nightlife - 3 posts
Alcaucin - Illegal land development - 0 posts
What's for dinner tonight? - 3 posts
Free Beer - FREE car derived van (prefect runner) or it's being SCRAPPED :( - 2 posts
getting a Sky account via UK.......... - 20 posts
Mobile Internet (without contract) - 11 posts
Hi From Lisa Grant - Spectrum FM - 105.5fm - i am looking for interviewees ( think that 's how you spell it lol ) - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x