What's for dinner tonight?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I have just made butternut squash and red pepper soup. It took ageeeees to cut the butternut squash up though. CAn you buy it all cut up in cubes anywhere?

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 5:30 PM by Lisa Grant Star rating in Costa del sol. 14 posts Send private message

Haven't seen it anywhere I'm afraid.

We had chicken and veg fahitas easy to do and 20 mins flat

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 5:31 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi Susan,

We use butternut squash quite often and don't have a problem preparing it. I cut the small end off, and then cut off the large bulb end just as it starts to curve out, this usually is just where the seeds start. You can then cut the peel off the large straight section with a big knife by standing it on one of the flat ends and slicing down, that section then cuts into cubes quite easily.

I then scoop the seeds out with an ice cream scoop , cut the bulb into 4 and these pieces can then be peeled quite easily with a sharp knife and cubed again.  

We use it in stews and soups and also in a tomato, red pepper and squash puree with prawns.

I've never seen it sold ready prepared, but maybe others know different.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 7:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think I need a better knife!

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Free Beer - FREE car derived van (prefect runner) or it's being SCRAPPED :( - 2 posts
getting a Sky account via UK.......... - 20 posts
Mobile Internet (without contract) - 11 posts
Hi From Lisa Grant - Spectrum FM - 105.5fm - i am looking for interviewees ( think that 's how you spell it lol ) - 9 posts
Extension of UK furnished holiday lettings rules to EEA until 2010 - 4 posts
Andalucia in the Spanish Finals!! - 2 posts
Happy St Georges Day!!! - 8 posts
Saint George Feast in Spain - 8 posts
Difficulties with mortgage - 9 posts
SECOND.COMHAND CAR - 0 posts
Removals,, need - 0 posts
Development declared illegal - 3 posts
Unanswered questions re move to Spain - 6 posts
Alistar has stitched us up like a kipper!! - 14 posts
residencia - 0 posts
Handing in the keys - 1 posts
I am writing this out of sheer frustration...... - 6 posts
Trampoline 12ft including protective netting + ladder brand new - 6 posts
Renting out a property - 7 posts
Renting out a propery - 8 posts
Ryanair..Have you booked a flight? - 3 posts
Warning! Beware of Autos Velerin in Estepona - 3 posts
Polaris World Terrazas de la Torre Golf Resort - 4 posts
Hi All - 1 posts
Anyone living on a mobile home site? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x