FURNITURE SCAM

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by hairbear Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

WARNING

Please be aware of a scam that occured last year in the Murcia Region (reported on this site) where a rental company/furniture supplier is believed to have moved  packages of furniture from one house to another pretending it had been installed as new. It worked because the  supplier was also the property manager and so knew if the owner was due over. Eventually the furniture began to look well used, as in alot of cases the buyers had stayed in their newly furnished property but as soon as they left the furniture was ready to be moved. When the owners came out 6 months later, they had had no rental income from the company (surprise surprise) but the furniture was well used.

This may be arising again in a slightly different form. Internet companies setting up as furniture suppliers and then offering to look after your property for free and get you a furniture discount in exchange for using it as a showhouse. Even if they do indeed supply the furniture, they are unlikely to want to find you rentals as it will mean they cant use your property for viewings once its occupied. It wont take too many lost rentals to eat away the discount (if its genuine any way). PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL, nothing is ever free.

I would suggest you buy your furniture from a genuine retailer, with a shop close to your property incase you have any problems and need to shout at someone, and use a totally seperate company for your property management. There are many good ones about.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electrical Tarrifs. - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellation. Looking for alternatives please. - 4 posts
I this how I do it? Does my post look good in this? - 4 posts
A BIG THANK YOU ! To Sharon Wyndham and Smiley. - 5 posts
Information on Financial advisors in Spain - 1 posts
Driving updates and local Info - 1 posts
Free Information?? - 1 posts
Non Resident Tax Returns - 46 posts
A week in Almoradi - any must see's or do's in the surrounding area? - 6 posts
British women are the fattest in Europe - 4 posts
Cot Wanted - 0 posts
Have a look at this, just click on the airport & check flights, ingenious. - 0 posts
murica airport help please - 3 posts
Our AGM is June 1st: How do I go about 'suggesting' we have a new President ? - 8 posts
MUSTANG GT FOR SALE - 0 posts
Murcia Nightlife - 3 posts
Alcaucin - Illegal land development - 0 posts
What's for dinner tonight? - 3 posts
Free Beer - FREE car derived van (prefect runner) or it's being SCRAPPED :( - 2 posts
getting a Sky account via UK.......... - 20 posts
Mobile Internet (without contract) - 11 posts
Hi From Lisa Grant - Spectrum FM - 105.5fm - i am looking for interviewees ( think that 's how you spell it lol ) - 9 posts
Extension of UK furnished holiday lettings rules to EEA until 2010 - 4 posts
Andalucia in the Spanish Finals!! - 2 posts
Happy St Georges Day!!! - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x